Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A Bittersweet Goodbye

Kate March 22nd, 2019

Dearest 7 Cups Community,

Its with mixed feelings that I am officially announcing that my time as Community Manager here at 7 Cups will be ending. I was offered an exciting new role with another organization and have accepted. My last day here as Community Manager will be next Friday, March 29th.

My time here over the past year and a half has been exciting, challenging and extremely rewarding. Ive learned so much from all of you and have valued leading the group support rooms and teen community. The one constant with 7 Cups is that things are constantly changing and evolving. Change can be hard to deal with and its ok to be scared or unsure. I am leaving you in good hands with @Laura, @Jill7Cups and @Heather225 (and Tuna).

Here is my advice and (unsolicited) wisdom:

- Approach change with an open mind and remember that nothing is set in stone and everyones feelings are valid, even when you may disagree.

- Be nice to everyone. You never know what someone is going through on the other side of the computer or phone screen.

- Be patient with the Community Managers. They see you and they care about you even if they dont answer your PM as fast as they would like to.

- Its ok to take time for self-care. I mean it. Go outside. Your roles will be here when you come back.

- No Cupsing in class.

Even after next Friday, I will still have access to this account so please stop by and say hi sometimes, send me a silly cat photo or a llama-related item you happen to come across.

heart

- Kate/LovelyLlama

Update from Jill: here is the compilation of going away messages that I shared in the surprise hug parties, if you didn't get a chance to add yours you can add it as a comment below.

CoffeeDrinker247 March 29th, 2019

@Kate

Congratulations on your new job! You will definitely be missed here, but I understand that change is also good. I wish you all the best and we will all keep soldiering on as best we can. Thank you for your time and support of this worthy cause here.

faithlove1111 March 29th, 2019

@Kate

Goodbye and Thank you Kate heart

PenguinPower31 March 29th, 2019

@Kate I only just saw this but i wanted to say goodbye to you as a CM and am sorry to see you go as I think you were such a positive agent here at 7cups and a grounding presence your new employer will be quite lucky to have you joining them and I wish you all success with your future there! Meantime, we are very sad to see you going broken heartcrying but glad you will still have an account so hopefully will see you around now and again. Thank you again so very much for all the contributions and work you have made towards making 7cups a better place. heart

wonderfulWaterfall20 March 29th, 2019

sorry to hear your going @katie

i and the rest of the team are sad to see you go but we are always going to be in your heart, good luck through everything

our saddest goodbyes

good luck katie heart

uniqueEars20 March 29th, 2019

@kate I might not know you personally but my good wishes are with you. Certainly you are an important person here. You should come back whenever you can. I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open hands.

confidentRainbow23 March 29th, 2019

No matter how devastating our struggles, disappointments, and troubles are, they are only temporary. No matter what happens to you, no matter the depth of tragedy or pain you face, no matter how death stalks you and your loved ones, the Resurrection promises you a future of immeasurable good.

navyShade2808 March 29th, 2019

@Kate

Success comes only to those who believe in themselves and are prepared to win.

Heres wishing you success in everything you do. Good luck.

Sincerely,

Sasha a.k.a Navy Shade 2808

Totheskyandbeyond March 29th, 2019

@Kate Hey there. I don't know you much but... Good luck in your new role. Take care and keep awesome (I say it more because I know people really loves you) =)

conscientiousPineapple1782 March 29th, 2019

owh kate is leaving

byes

take care <3

determinedSummer25 March 29th, 2019

Thank you for your wisdoms<3 I hope everything from here on out works out your way and that you have fun!

TheCollisionCourse March 29th, 2019

@Kate

best of luck in all future endeavours, Kate. You will be missed. Do us proud, our love and support will always be with you 💛

BlueBeardL March 29th, 2019

Hi Kate

All the best. I really don't know who you are but I'm sure you did great things here. Good luck

Sunshinephoenix March 29th, 2019

Kate, thank you for everything and God bless you for making differences to so many lives

Love and all the very best for everything yet to come ❤

Sunshinephoenix

fluffyUnicorns84 March 29th, 2019

Vahlok March 29th, 2019

@Kate

You will be missed on both the teenie side and the oldie side respectively. D: You're still a teenie in my book. crying

Brittanny17 March 30th, 2019

Goodbye Kate. Best of luck on your future endeavours!

Bonnie1042 March 30th, 2019

@Kate

Hi, I didn't have the pleasure of talking with you, I hope that wherever you go, you are well. My best wishes...

MelanieDaniels63 March 30th, 2019

Best wishes Kate take care, all the best.

jsims901 March 31st, 2019

@MelanieDaniels63 is that you?

MelanieDaniels63 April 1st, 2019

@jsims901 Yes it is me that left the comment, but no the girl in the gif is

Rosanna Pansino form YouTube she has a channel called Nerdy Nummies

she makes theme cakes.

Texasgirl83 March 30th, 2019

incredibleShoe35 March 30th, 2019

@kate

Thanks For Being With Us. Even I DodDid Had Pleasure Of Speaking To You, But You Will Be Surely Missed.

Good Bye Take Care Of Yourselves

Zeeisallears March 30th, 2019

Goodbye Kate. You were an amazing soul, you will be missedbroken heart

Brittanny17 March 30th, 2019

@Zeeisallears If I didn't know better I'd think you meant that Kate had passed.

TheResilientDancer March 30th, 2019

Aww Kate. Best of luck with your new job role. You will be missed on here. I wonder what organisation will be blessed with your amazingness. I never got to know you but I'm sure that you are an amazing person.

OneErased March 30th, 2019

@Kate

I don't think we've had the pleasure of many exchanges here, but I do wish you all the best in the new organization and with your life in general. You've done a great job here as far as I've come to understand, so any organization is lucky to get you in their roster for sure.

FloralWildflower March 30th, 2019

The absolute best for you Kate.

I'm sorry I missed your parting, I haven't been on here for a little while as I've been taking a self care break.
However best of luck with your new job and thank you for being our Community Manager for so long! :)

Image may contain: one or more people

patientcat99 March 30th, 2019

Hey kate I didnt have the chance to talk to you but I hope that where ever you go you will be happy

WarriorPrincess09 March 30th, 2019

Hi Kate

Thanks for all those times when you helped me in the tasks. It will be difficult to fill the void created by your absence. I am really going to miss you. Best of luck.

sunshineOasis92 March 30th, 2019

Hey Kate thank you for being here , it was a Wonderful Experience with you,sorry I wasnt here for while bcoz I had to take break for my own calm but best of luck for your upcoming future life Sis 💓

plushPeace81 March 30th, 2019

Best wishes for you, all the bestsmiley

deadasazombie March 30th, 2019

@Kate

we will miss you

Shesofly1984 March 30th, 2019

Although I've never spoken with u, I still wish u all the best. Thanks for being here and touching so many lives. Ur a winner!

helloKiwi4868 March 30th, 2019

@Kate

Best wishes on your future endeavors!

PurpleSnail March 30th, 2019

Since I am a newcomer, I did not have the privilege of chatting with you. I hope you find success wherever you are heading next.

TheSteveFundYPOC March 30th, 2019

Thanks for all your support @Kate

Zengrl March 30th, 2019

Thanks for your help and responding to my PM. Best of luck with your new job.

ShiningPanda13 March 31st, 2019

Goodbye !

indigoBeach6522 March 31st, 2019

Did not know you personally, but I have seen how you have impacted others.

Bless you.

supportiveMango76 March 31st, 2019

Kate ur gonna be missed u were a great mentor