Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Share your recipes here

soulsings December 22nd, 2019

Hi there. Love to cook? Share your recipes here.

Blueberry pancakes �

3 egg whites beaten till frothy

add 1/8 cups yogurt

combine and add scant 1/4 cup of whole wheat or other flour + dash of nutmeg + 1/2 tsp baking powder

Add 2 Tbsps of Olive Oil

add 1/2 banana peeled and diced

add 1/2 cut frozen or fresh blueberries

dash salt if desired

Combine all above with whip or mixer - batter should be thick as cake batter. If not add little more flour

Cook in electric fry pan 300 degrees F with a coating of canola oil for 5-7 minutes per side or less for thinner pancakes. Rule of thumb when all the bubbles burst, it is time to flip and cook on the 2nd side. If using stovetop, cook low to medium heat so do not burn pancakes

Bon appetit! Enjoy!

May 26th, 2021

@soulsings

Soul, I bet those are some really tasty blueberry pancakes! Intresting ingredients!

May 26th, 2021

@soulsings

Soul, I bet those are some really tasty blueberry pancakes! Intresting ingredients!

amiablePeace77 September 5th, 2021
Making dark chocolate

Hi everyone, this is not a special recipie, actually very basic but I thought I share it with you so those who can't take any diary products like milk or simply prefer sugar free chocolate can do their own treat. Having a small piece every night provided health conditions allow it, can be healthy.

So, here we go

4 TB of dark, 100 % natural and unsweetened, preferably cholesterol free chocolate powder
Stevia sweetener powder to taste
Enough organic coconut oil to make a thick but still liquid paste

Mix

Pour into icecube trays (the ones for very small ice cubes or simply poor on a freezer proof plate) , freeze for 30 min.
et voila laugh

You can keep chocolate in fridge after freezing.
amiablePeace77 February 10th, 2022

Hi everyone, today I like to share another recipe for making a treat 😊

Protein Balls

1/4 cup of walnuts

1/4 cups of oats (I prefer baked oats, just use 1/4 cup of my morning cerial)

1/4 cup of chia seeds

1/2 tbsp protein powder (or cocoa or fine coconut (pls watch out for saturated fats in coconut powder, there are low fat versions)

1 small fresh carrot

8 pitted prunes

some lemon juice

Blend walnuts and oats fine, add the remaining ingredients into the blender and blend again so everthing comes together nicely. Use only a small amount of lemon juice so it binds.

Take out of blender and form small balls, roll either in protein powder or cacao powder so they do not stick (optionally)

Let sit in fridge to harder slightly for about 2 hours e voila! 😊 Enjoy!

soulsings OP February 10th, 2022

@amiablePeace77 nice ami thanks for sharing

amiablePeace77 February 13th, 2022

@soulsings

You're welcome soul

soulsings OP March 5th, 2022
Carob pancakes

3 egg whites beaten till frothy

combine and add scant 1/4 cup of whole wheat or other flour + 1/2 tsp baking powder +1/8 cup or more of carob powder

Add 2 Tbsps of Olive Oil

add 1/8 cup yogurt

add 1/2 banana peeled and diced

dash salt if desired

Combine all above with whip or mixer

Batter should be thick as cake batter - if not add more flour and carob powder

Cook in electric fry pan 300 degrees F with a coating of canola oil for 5-7 minutes per side or less for thinner pancakes. Rule of thumb when all the bubbles burst, it is time to flip and cook on the 2nd side. If using stovetop, cook low to medium heat so do not burn pancakes

Bon appetit! Enjoy!

kittie3 May 3rd, 2022

@soulsings

thank you 😘

amiablePeace77 May 3rd, 2022

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share a very simply dish 😊

You need: Fresh leaves, 1/2 cup or more cooked channa (chickpeas), onion, garlic, salt and any seasoning you like to taste

I call it the Leaves Bowl

Take any kind of fresh leaves like leaves from broccoli, kohlrabi, cabbage, beetroot, calalou - just anything. Make sure you cook the harder leaves first. You need a good amount because leaves shrink a lot when cooked.

1. Gently fry an onion and some garlic

2. Add 1/2 cup of hot water, cooked chickpeas, fresh leaves and any seasoning you like (I like to add some curry powder)

3. Cook down (about 5 minutes)

This tastes great with fried egg whites in the morning or for lunch/supper with some banana coucou, potatoes, quinoa or rice.

Many vegetable leaves are edible and also very healthy, like for example broccoli or beetroot leaves, provided it's organic food. You can always google what kind of leaves you can eat when buying your veggies.

soulsings OP May 3rd, 2022

@amiablePeace77 thanks for sharing

amusingSea941 May 3rd, 2022

@soulsings

purpleTree4652 June 3rd, 2022

@soulsings

Hi, Sings,

I finally have a little put-together of food that I can share. I don't know if I'd call it a recipe. It's a tomato and egg sandwich. Using fresh tomatoes from the vine are the best. I simply cut the tomato in slices, and cut a hard-boiled egg in slices. Then layer both on good bread that you like. Spread a little mayonnaise on the bread and voila. A delicious, nutritious, quick sandwich. P.S. It helps if you hard-boil the eggs in advance and just leave them in a little bowl in your fridge for when you need a hard-boiled egg.

amiablePeace77 June 8th, 2022

@purpleTree4652

Wow, this is a good idea and sounds delicious. Getting tomatoes fresh from the vine is the best!

soulsings OP June 9th, 2022

@amiablePeace77 I agree home grown tomatoes are great

LovelyMarlee September 25th, 2022

@soulsings

Mug cake :)

• 4 tbsp self-raising flour
  • 4 tbsp caster sugar
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 medium egg
  • 3 tbsp milk
  • 3 tbsp vegetable oil or sunflower oil
  • a few drops of vanilla essence or other essence (orange or peppermint work well)
  • 2 tbsp chocolate chips, nuts, or raisins etc (optional)

Centre your mug in the middle of the microwave oven and cook on High for 1½ -2 mins, or until it has stopped rising and is firm to the touch.

soulsings OP September 26th, 2022

@LovelyMarlee wow I make scrambled eggs in the microwave by cooking at high for a couiple minutes then stirring and cooking on medium heat.

This sounds like a quick and easy recipe. Thanks for sharing.

One idea I have would be to put ingredients in a wide mouth jar, cover the jar, shake and then remover cover, stir and then cook in microwave.

Of course take off the jar lid when you microwave or it might blow up.

LovelyMarlee September 26th, 2022

@soulsings

Great point :)

soulsings OP September 26th, 2022

@LovelyMarlee nice idea thanks for sharing.

amiablePeace77 October 1st, 2022

@LovelyMarlee

This is a great idea and I love that you use oil instead of margarine or butter. I like to take avocado oil for baking. Does it work with stevia sweetener instead of sugar?

LovelyMarlee October 1st, 2022

@amiablePeace77

I haven't tried that but I think it could work :)

kala October 4th, 2022

Lapcsánka

Ingredients:

• 450 g peeled potatoes
  • 4 tablespoons sour cream
  • 1 egg
  • 5 heaped tablespoons flour
  • 1-2 garlic cloves
  • Black pepper
  • Salt
  • Oil or cooking fat for baking

Grate the peeled, raw potatoes in the largest holes of a grater. Mix in the rest of the ingredients. If the potatoes let out too much liquid, add some more flour. Just make sure that the mixture stays soft and chunky, with the emphasis on the potato chunks.

Tear the mixture into smaller, flatter pieces and make small tears in each of them with a little spoon. Then, in a pan of hot oil or cooking fat, fry both sides of each piece until they are nice and reddish.

This can be served as a side dish, but it is also excellent on its own, especially when garnished with cheese or sour cream. Enjoy!

CSP_9947-1024x681.jpg

@amiablePeace77 @soulsings

soulsings OP October 4th, 2022

@kala wow that looks delicious

For a lower fat / more protein dish I might substitute plain non fat yogurt instead of sour cream.

Thank you for sharing that.

amiablePeace77 October 5th, 2022

@kala

This looks soooo yummy kala! Thanks for sharing.

limeJar1591 August 26th

Lemon-Honey Cake Recipe 🍋🍯

Ingredients (for 4 servings):

• 90 g butter
  • 65 g sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 120 g flour
  • 1/2 packet baking powder
  • 4 to 6 tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
  • 1/2 lemon zest, grated

Instructions:

1. Preheat the oven at 170°C (340°F). Allow the butter, eggs, and lemon to come to room temperature.
  2. In a bowl, cream the butter with the sugar until the mixture is smooth. Add the beaten eggs and honey, and mix well.
  3. Sift the flour and baking powder over the mixture. Then add the lemon juice and grated lemon zest, and gently mix.
  4. Grease a pan, and pour in the batter.
  5. Bake at 170°C (340°F) for about 30 minutes (depending on your oven).

lemon-sponge-cake-cake.gif

If you try the recipe, please let me know how it turns out — I’d love to hear about it! I’m tagging @amiablePeace77, @versatilePine5577, and @FallenStarss 👩‍🍳

amiablePeace77 August 26th

@limeJar1591

Thank you so much, just copied it and will try this week, maybe even tomorrow 😃 Love lemon cake!

limeJar1591 August 26th

@amiablePeace77 You're very welcome! 😊 I'm so glad you're going to try it. Don't hesitate to add lots of lemon if you like a stronger flavor. The original recipe only suggested 2-3 tablespoons, I used 4, but the taste was still very subtle.

amiablePeace77 August 26th

@limeJar1591

I think I will use a good amount, like it twangy 😀

versatilePine5577 August 27th

Thankyou so much for the recipe. I love the citrusy flavour of lemon and to make a lemon cake sounds delicious.

limeJar1591 August 27th

@versatilePine5577 @versatilePine5577 You're welcome, I'm so glad you liked the recipe. I hope you enjoy making and eating it! 😊