Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Share your recipes here

soulsings December 22nd, 2019

Hi there. Love to cook? Share your recipes here.

Blueberry pancakes �

3 egg whites beaten till frothy

add 1/8 cups yogurt

combine and add scant 1/4 cup of whole wheat or other flour + dash of nutmeg + 1/2 tsp baking powder

Add 2 Tbsps of Olive Oil

add 1/2 banana peeled and diced

add 1/2 cut frozen or fresh blueberries

dash salt if desired

Combine all above with whip or mixer - batter should be thick as cake batter. If not add little more flour

Cook in electric fry pan 300 degrees F with a coating of canola oil for 5-7 minutes per side or less for thinner pancakes. Rule of thumb when all the bubbles burst, it is time to flip and cook on the 2nd side. If using stovetop, cook low to medium heat so do not burn pancakes

Bon appetit! Enjoy!

Goldcherry2113 August 8th, 2020

soulsings OP August 8th, 2020

@Goldcherry2113 nice thanks for sharing

soulsings OP August 14th, 2020

5 minute Flat Bread Pizza

Ingredients:

1 8-9 " tortilla Sliced Cheese Cooked onions Fresh Tomato Veggie sausage or meat

Heat 1 tortilla on dry cast iron pan for 5 minutes on low - medium heat and cover pan and cook until brown on bottom but not burned. Then top with sliced cheese, sausage or meat or veggies like fresh tomato slices or cooked onions. make sure tortilla is crispy.

Then top with any toppings you want like salsa, etc

amiablePeace77 August 17th, 2020

Tahini Brownies cheeky

Ingredients

1 cup tahini

7 one portion packets of stevia or 1/2 of coconut sugar

1/4 cup maple syrup

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 eggs or just eggwhite

1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1 tablespoon coconut flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup chocolate chips

For the chocolate drizzle

2 tablespoons chocolate chips

1 teaspoon coconut oil

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine the tahini, stevia, maple syrup, vanilla extract and eggs until smooth and well combined. Gently fold in cocoa powder, coconut flour, salt and baking soda until batter is smooth. Fold in 1/3 cup chocolate chips into the batter. This batter should be rather thick.

Spread batter evenly in prepared baking pan. If it's giving you trouble to spread (because it's on the thicker side), spray a rubber spatula with nonstick cooking spray.

Bake for 22-30 minutes or until knife inserted into the middle comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Don't overbake!

After brownies have cooled a few minutes, prepared the chocolate drizzle: Place a small saucepan over low heat, add chocolate chips and coconut oil and stir frequently until melted and smooth. Generously drizzle over the brownies. Makes 16 brownies. laugh

soulsings OP August 18th, 2020

@amiablePeace77 wow sounds delicious. Thanks!

DutchMike September 11th, 2020

thai curried pumpkin soup

Oil, onion and garlic: Which we will use as our base sauté for the soup.

Red curry paste: Or green or yellow curry paste

Vegetable stock: Or chicken stock, if you prefer.

Canned pumpkin puree

Coconut milk: I used full-fat coconut milk to make mine extra-creamy, but low-fat coconut milk would work too.

Ground cumin, ginger and sea salt: For seasoning. Feel free to add more of any of these, to taste.

Toppings:

chopped fresh cilantro: a must

pepitas: or any other favorite nuts, to add some crunch

sliced red or green onions: a must

lime wedges: a good squeeze of citrus will really brighten this soup up!

Thai bird chiles: thinly-sliced, if you would like some extra heat (or you can also add crushed red chile flakes)

You will also need some sort of blender

Sauté the garlic, onion and red curry paste. Sauté the onion oil until softened. Then add the garlic and red curry paste, and sauté for two minutes more.

Add the vegetable stock and coconut milk. Stir to combine.

Puree the soup. Then use either a hand blender or traditional blender to puree the soup until it is smooth. (If using a traditional blender, then transfer soup back to the stockpot.)

Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. Then cook until the mixture reaches a simmer.

Taste and season. Give it a taste, and add extra salt, pepper, and/or extra red curry paste if needed.

Serve warm. With a generous sprinkle of your favorite toppings.

DutchMike September 11th, 2020

@DutchMike btw it's called thai curried pumpkin soup

amiablePeace77 October 2nd, 2020

@DutchMike

That does sound tasty Mike and I do love love fresh cilantro. I am going to cook this tomorrow for lunch! laugh Thank you.

soulsings OP October 4th, 2020

@iampapaya thanksk for sharing!

amiablePeace77 October 24th, 2020

@iampapaya

mmh, that does sound tasty and healthy! laugh

amiablePeace77 October 24th, 2020

Vegetarian Burgers laugh (vegan if you leave out egg white)

1. Soak 1 cups of soja granules in hot water until soft (abt. 5-8 min.), granules should have absorbed water otherwise drain water off

2. Add: salt to taste, finely chopped onion, 1 pressed garlic clove, 1 chopped chive, 1 grated carrot med. size, 1 finely chopped sweet pepper (red or green), some hot sauce (optional)

Mix well

3. Add 1 egg white (optional), some flour of your choice so that everything binds well (chick pea, almond or whole wheat flour for example)

4. Form burgers and bake until brown or fry in a little oil

ENJOY! smiley

Goldcherry2113 October 26th, 2020

@amiablePeace77 This sounds so good, I'm gonna have to try these.

October 25th, 2020

@Soulsings

I really don't like to cook that much, especially since it's just hubby and me. But wow reading all these recipes makes me hungry.

Thank you for this threadlaugh

Solome24 October 25th, 2020

*saving this thread to read later and find some amazing new recipes to make* :D

amiablePeace77 November 1st, 2020

Pickled Watermelon Rind laugh

Cut your melon and remove the red melon flesh (for eating later).

Trim the green part of the rind and discard. You are left with the white part which might still have a little red flesh on it, that's okay.

Cut the white flesh into stripes.

Heat 2 cups of water with 1 cup of vinegar of your choice, add your favorite spices (I use 1 Tb asian seasoning and 4 one portion packets of stevia).

Add water melon rind

Simmer for abt. 5 min.

Put the rind in a clean jar and fill up with the liquid, make sure your spices are added.

Close jar and let cool down. Refrigerate. Ready to eat after 1 week (if you can't wait after 2 days cheeky)

Enjoy!

soulsings OP March 21st, 2021

Recipe for High Hat Popovers: Decide what kind of cups or pans you will use. For highest popovers I use a commercial popover pan but I do not have nonstick https://www.amazon.com/Bellem.../dp/B00WX9KKTW/ref=sr_1_9.... If you are using oven proof well oiled or buttered cups instead of pan, fill them only half full and reduce cooking time if they get too dark.

Move upper rack to lover position with 9-10 inch clearance from broiler coil or top of oven whichever is lower. Preheat oven to 475 and check with oven thermometer. Beat with whip 5 Jumbo Egg Whites and 2 yolks until frothy. Add dash of salt or pinch of salt and 1 cup of milk (I use nonfat). Whip. Add a little at a time, 1 cup of white flour (whole wheat flour makes them heartier but not as wispy) whipping gently. Batter should have small lumps. Do NOT overbeat or they will be more like cake. Electric beaters overbeat so I use a whip. I use either Pam oil spray or I put on Canola oil with pastry brush coating inside and top of cups or pan. Fill the cups (1/2 full) or popover pan with lip (3/4 full) and put in 450 degree oven for up to 20 minutes (popover pan) or 15 minutes for cups only 1/2 full. If viewing window check that popovers are not too dark. If you open door for more than a second, popovers may fall. Turn temp to 350 and leave in 15-20 minutes depending on how dark they are. Remove when done. Popovers should easily come out of pan or cups. Serving warm is how I like them best, but leftover popovers can be kept in sealed bag in refrigerator and heated in toaster oven, NOT microwave if want firm popovers. Enjoy!

amiablePeace77 March 21st, 2021

@soulsings

I am definitively going to try this one! Sounds like an easy way to get good protein.

soulsings OP March 26th, 2021

Here is my chili recipe - I cook veggies first in canola oil until tender then add other ingredients and simmer for a couple hours on low heat. Here is the recipe

Simple Chili

Saute 10 minutes in pan with oil covering the bottom one 8-12 oz package of frozen diced onions and

One 8-12 oz package of precut or shredded carrots

Add 1 - 15 ounce cans of tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes

Add 1 - 15 ounce cans of cooked beans (drain the fluid first)

2 cups of water or use the fluid from beans up to 2 cups

1 pound of cooked hamburg or soy sausage or any meat substitute or 1/4 inch cubes of tofu preferably Firm or Extra firm

2 to 3 tbsp of Chili Powder depending on how hot you want it

1 tbsp Cumin (optional)

1 Tbsp Garlic Powder

2 Tbsp of Onion Powder

Cayenne to taste if not spicy enough

Simmer on low heat or in crock pot stirring every 20 minutes if possible for an hour

Salt to taste (may not need) taste first

purpleTree4652 March 26th, 2021

@soulsings, Chili, yummy! I can't wait til I find and move into my new apartment with Chloe, and can actually cook again in my own kitchen! Thanks for the recipe, Sings!

soulsings OP March 27th, 2021

@purpleTree4652 congrats on getting your new apartment. Thanks for the kudos.

purpleTree4652 March 28th, 2021

@soulsings, thanks but I didn't get it yet.

amiablePeace77 March 27th, 2021

@soulsings

Awesome soulsings! Love that you included a vegan option with tofurky laugh yes

Nickie2442 March 29th, 2021

Candied Sweet and Spicy Bacon, you need a dehydrator. Fantastic! The smell alone makes it worth making!

Prep: 12 hours 10 minutes

Dehydrate: 6 hours

10 strips of bacon cut in half. 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 tablespoons garlic chili sauce, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, 2 teaspoons mirin (rice wine vinegar).

Combine all ingredients into a bowl until well mixed. Place the cut bacon and marinade into a sealable plastic bag mix well. Marinate in the fridge for 12 hours or overnight. Place the bacon evenly between the deydrator trays. Dry at 165 degrees for 6 hours or until done.

Also google japanese pancakes these too go great together!

purpleTree4652 March 30th, 2021

@Nickie2442, Thank goodness I don't have a dehydrator because that recipe sounds so good. I would definitely make it and I'm on a diet. I've lost 70 pounds so far.

soulsings OP March 30th, 2021

@purpleTree4652 congrats on your efforts to find a weight you feel comfortable with.

purpleTree4652 April 1st, 2021

@soulsings, I'm not done yet. I've got about another 35 to 40 pounds to go. But, thanks anyway.

soulsings OP April 1st, 2021

@purpleTree4652 you are well on your way. The hardest thing is to maintain the determination to keep on the same habit as one had on the reducing part of it.

For me the maintaining is even harder than the losing part. I try to get my mental habits in place so I am not feeling deprived. When I eat, I think with gratitude on all that have been responsible to bring the food to my table. Rather than focus on sacrifice I focus on gratitude. It helps me when I get into maintenance mode.

purpleTree4652 April 2nd, 2021

@soulsings, yes, the gratitude is important. So you've lost weight, too? I try to look at food as just fuel. It doesn't really matter that it isn't some super delicious item. It just matters that it is healthy fuel that will keep me going to the next meal.

soulsings OP April 4th, 2021

@purpleTree4652 for me the issue is not only weight but how food affects my moods. I used to sit down and eat a lot of carbs and I did not see that was a contributing factor to my depression. So I tried an experiment and went on a high protein, very low carb diet and it did help me not have as many mood swings. Eventually I was able to have a small carb serving with each meal with protein and it seemed to work fine.

Everyone needs to find what works for them, but maintenance and having food routines can help.

RebelliousMirror May 6th, 2021

@purpleTree4652 What a good way to view fuel. I think that approach could be helpful to me. Thank you for sharing that.

Nickie2442 March 31st, 2021

@purpleTree4652

Fantastic!! I have lost weight too this pandemic! We are lucky to have lost in this difficult time! I do intermittenent fasting, first time ever I have taken off weight and will keep it off! I love the lifestyle because I can still enjoy what I want to eat, just can't eat whenever I want. Developes good habits. Well thank you for sharing your sucess and best to you on your journey!

purpleTree4652 April 1st, 2021

@Nickie2442, Congratulations and best wishes to you, too. :)

amiablePeace77 April 27th, 2021

Vegan Mousse Au Chocolat 😋

1 package (340 grams-12 ounces) organic silken tofu at room temperature, drained (this is the soft tofu)

3 TBsp Cocoa powder (I take Hershey's 100 % cacao natural unsweetened 1 % fat)

5 portion packets stevia sweetener or any sweetener you like

Mix well by hand or with blender

Optional: Top with berries or any fruit you like and a Little chocolate syrup

That's it 😁 - Enjoy

soulsings OP April 28th, 2021

@amiablePeace77 nice easy recipe. A sub for chocolate is Carob. Use same amount but probably need less sweetener because Carob is not so bitter as chocolate.

amiablePeace77 April 30th, 2021

@soulsings

Great idea soul! Will try, I like the bitterness of the choc powder but not everyone does so good to have an alternative

amiablePeace77 May 5th, 2021

Ami's Crackers laugh

2/3 cup of whole wheat flour

1/3 cup of white flour (or also whole wheat flour)

1/3 cup of lentil flour

2 TBsp of seeds (example chia) (optional)

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp or less salt (optional)

optional spices: I use 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp majoram/thympe mix

1 cup of water (or more)

Mix all together thoroughly to get a very smooth paste which can be easily spread on a lined baking sheet (18 x 13)

Bake at abt. 200 C (400 F) for about 25 minutes. Test if middle part is crispy, if not bake a little longer or just leave dough in switched off oven until cool down.

You can now break them into pieces and enjoy as snack in between or with a meal.

If you have any ideas for modification of this recipie please share here laugh

soulsings OP May 5th, 2021

@amiablePeace77 I like this idea of making crackers.

One person that did this baked for 10 minutes and then took out and made grooves in the flour and then put back in the over for 20+ minutes like you said to make sure crisps in the middle.

kala October 4th, 2022

@amiablePeace77

Can I try please? 😬

soulsings OP October 4th, 2022

@kala not sure what you want to try?

If you have a recipe you like and want to share, feel free.

kala October 4th, 2022

@soulsings

I just shared one. Did you see? Its on the 5. Site