Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Despair

goodSpruce3041 April 30th

Hello, all. Please pray for me. I've survived cancer, but I don't know if I can survive beyond it. Prior to getting my diagnosis, I was laid off from a job I'd been at for over 20 years. I got a truly insulting severance (and the gov't always takes a big bite out of those), and that, plus my cancer treatment expenses, really depleted my savings. I'm in my late 60's. My twin brother committed suicide some years ago, and my sister died of cancer shortly thereafter. I feel so alone, and worrying about money keeps me up at night. I can never retire now. I'll have to find another job at my age!

I really don't know if I can continue. Please pray for me. God doesn't listen to me, but maybe you'll reach him, if he exists. Thank you.

@goodSpruce3041.   Sorry to hear this. I’ll keep you in my thoughts.

anneskittens April 30th

Hey goodSpruce3041!

Your post really touched my heart. Battling cancer, experiencing such losses, experiencing job loss, feeling alone -- yet continuing to push through is truly impressive. You are strong! Hang in there alright?

If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to reach out to any listeners. We are here to support one another and get through this problem together.

God bless you,

anne

Daylightdream1975 April 30th

I will pray for you

quietlistener2023 April 30th

@goodSpruce3041 So sorry to hear all of that.  I will pray for you.  Maybe I seems like God does not hear but sometimes prayers are answered after a time.  We hope everything will work out for you soon

calmMango9611 May 4th

@goodSpruce3041 I am really sorry to read all this. I truly am. I hope things get a little bit better for you, my friend.