Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I need to forgive them

KelliV68 April 15th, 2021

My friend (of 40 years) has been gone a year today (single car accident) and I’ve come to terms with it. Sadly, i need to forgive his friends of 25 years for excluding me on all his celebrations of life they’ve shared amongst themselves. It wasn’t an issue of distance, it was an issue of my being around period. They set up celebrations in places where i couldn’t join. Im hurt that they worked so hard to exclude me without a second thought! I wasn’t planning on dropping all contact with his widow, but i think its what i need to do for me. I was finally able to journal my feels last night and will do some more today.

InquireWithin April 15th, 2021

@KelliV68

First anniversaries of loss are always hard, and what you describe sounds like additional pain piled on top of grief and loss, due to the thoughtless or even deliberate exclusion by others and their behavior. Forgiveness, I have learned, is something that I need to work on each day for a good long while. Like a weed, the resentment keeps sprouting, until I can finally get to its root and pull it out for good.

Wishing you some measure of peace on this first anniversary of losing your longtime friend.

KelliV68 OP April 15th, 2021

Thank you! Its nice to know its not in my head! ☮️