Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

End of marriage late in life

calmBlueberry9480 March 24th, 2022

I’m 52 years old, just barely survived cancer a couple of years ago. I was left physically disabled in many non obvious ways. It’s hard to work, walk or even play with my children. My marriage is coming to an end and she was all the family i had left in life. I feel like I shouldn’t have survived cancer. I’m older, weaker and now I’m going to have to face it alone and in the poor house because she is going to take me for everything she can, alimony, child support. I do t even think I can work full time for the next ten years. I’m lost, confused as to how things could end up this way. I thought I did everything right. Now when I need her the most, she wants out and I end up alone.

amiablePeace77 March 24th, 2022

@calmBlueberry9480

My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this, it's a lot to deal with ❤️ It's hard to keep going in life when things are so rough. We love and care for you! You can always connect to a listener for a 1:1 chat if you want to share more in detail about your thoughts and feelings. https://www.7cups.com/BrowseListeners/

InquireWithin March 25th, 2022

@calmBlueberry9480

I am sorry you are in this situation. It seems incredibly unfair.

You say you don't think you will be able to work, due to your disabling conditions. If you are in the US, and if you haven't already started the process of applying for disability, then I would encourage you to think about that step, seeing as it's a long process. I wish you much grace and good luck going forward. ❤️

brunnel March 25th, 2022

@calmBlueberry9480

I'm so sorry that this is happening to you, and I can’t imagine what it must be like for you, I will keep you in my prayers, but if you want to talk, please feel free to reach out to me here: 7Cups/@brunnel

i hope you find all it takes to deal with the situation and overcome it all one day at a time

saintdeath November 10th, 2022

Sorry I'm new...me too 50 and after 27 years lost my relationship last night ..but I don't know where to go....so if you know anyone to help tell me where to go please...I'm losing my mind

amiablePeace77 November 13th, 2022

@saintdeath

Welcome to our community. I can only imagine the stress all of this puts on you not knowing where to go right now. 27 years is a long time and can't be "wiped off the table" so easily. Is there any way you could discuss with your partner to stay until you find an accommodation or do you have family or friends where you could go? 💙