Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

40 something guy coming to terms with stuff

intellectualJar1071 February 10th, 2022

40 something guy , coming to grips with depression and anxiety.

got into some legal trouble a little while back , and my depression and anxiety have been in overdrive. Mainly because I can’t control what’s going on with everything. I have a great lawyer who is great at what he does. But I don’t have any mental health support or much in the way of true friends to talk to. My wife is fantastic and has been a rock , but I am trying my best to not overwhelm her with all this stuff going on in my head.

im one of those classic deep dive people, I gotta know everything , and can lose hours reading case law and proceedings on similar things.

I am also a classic doom and gloom person. My whole life has been one screw up after another because I’m always looking at ways to fail not looking for ways to succeed.

i am slightly medicated , family doctor put me on some mild medication , appointment with psychiatrist is over a month away….yay……

my biggest issue currently , is I don’t have a lot of people to talk to about anything. When people do reach out , it’s about my case , not anything else ……I just wanna talk about the weather , or Olympics , or anything .

I can’t really get into specifics of case, other than it’s a white collar case I got wrapped up in.

felt good writing all that.

thanks for taking time to read all this

have a good day

hematite43 February 13th, 2022

@intellectualJar1071

Welcome to the forum. I hope you're able to find what you're looking for here.

eternalFern5249 February 17th, 2022

@intellectualJar1071 Hello. It sounds like you have a many things going on right now, but also like you know yourself well and also you seem very able to articulate what it is that you don't like about your situation. Are you wanted to chat with someone here in the Listener Room about these things? About how you feel? I can chat with you if you would like. I'm very new here so I'm not sure I'm the best one to talk to, but I wanted to offer in case you do.

intellectualJar1071 OP February 18th, 2022

i might take you up in that sometime in the next few day. Thank you so much!!!

intellectualJar1071 OP February 10th, 2023

Update…

sorry it took so long to put this up here.

I still don’t have a conclusion to my legal issues , the feds like to take their time on everything. My lawyer has been giving me good advise , and is on top of everything.

I am well medicated , I spent about a month at a psychiatric hospital a few months back. Turns out I am a classic schizophrenic and have bi polar tendencies. So I hear voices and then spend hours trying to convince myself otherwise…fun stuff.

I still don’t have much of a social circle , my wife is fantastic, she supports me more than she should. She is able to help me make sense or nonsense of anything going on..

as far as friends go, meh, most of them haven’t been around or texted back in a long time. Seems once I got out of hospital most have moved in with life , and surprisingly I totally understand.

i still am looking for like minded people to chat with , even if it’s just about the days events.

I’ve started working from home , so I don’t get out much , so I’m usually around a free when I’m not working .

tldr: Some stuff is good some stuff isn’t

ayeyaeyaaaaaaaa February 12th, 2023

@intellectualJar1071

Same here, coming to terms with it is hard for me, so i wish u best of luck