Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

This 7cups site will not allow my response to go through

Msp1208 January 19th, 2021

So I put a lot into a message back to someone that had replied to my initial post. The site said something in my forum post indicates I am in crisis and won't send my message, I'm kinda pissed. If I am in crisis, I sure the hell am not going to be able to respond to a post. If it is about a glimpse at my life story, READ it before barring me from sending a message. (Suicide mention removed by Forum Mentor @Mel)

Msp1208 OP January 19th, 2021

Pretty funny the words in this one were not flagged though..

mytwistedsoul January 19th, 2021

@Msp1208 Hey - I'm sorry this happened. It's happened to me before and it is very frustrating. Alot of times it depends on certain words - they get caught by the built in censures they have I guess and it declares who ever wrote it as in crisis. I disagree myself for the same reason you stated - Sometimes you can avoid the censures by replacing letters with * or spacing them out but - I can't make any guarentees because it seems like they're allways making changes to how we can do things - which is also frustrating

Good luck :)

@mytwistedsoulI

Thank you much for the clarification. I thought it was their clever way of getting me as a member in the anger forums..lol jk

I see more than myself has had that as an issue. I sure wish I could get that list of no-no words.

Have a great day and thanks again! :)

@Msp1208 You're welcome :) I've seen a few people complain about it and it can really ruin your day when you spend alot of time writing something only to have it get deleted

LOL! I need a copy of that list too!

Thank you! I hope you take care too :)

@mytwistedsoul

Right, now I have to pick apart my message like i'm looking for nits in long hair. cheeky

@Msp1208 😁 I hope you don't have trouble with anxiety - because doesn't help when you have to worry about what you say. For awhile I was writing my posts in Google docs or notepad. That way if it didn't go through I could dissect the post easier. I know they aren't too crazy about the word sui*ide and sometimes a combination of words - but maybe it depends on which forum too. I'll have to ask about that.

@AffyAvo Hey Affy :) do you know if that would be the case? About if it depends on which forum that you say what? Or is it censored universally now? I know they were kind of selective with cussing there for awhile

Lol - let me make it all complicated with questions

@mytwistedsoul

lol... Right! Here I thought I was well on my way to recovery, 7cups knows better and they're trying to bring it out of me..

I'm sorry my future messages will be all dotted up. Using google docs or notepad! Brilliant idea. Will do. Thank you!

@Msp1208 You're welcome! Good luck!

AffyAvo January 19th, 2021

@mytwistedsoul As far as I know the auto censor is the same across the forums. Swearing isn't censored in the forums from what I recall but it may be moderated. No excessive swearing, swearing at users and swears in titles is the general rule and some subcommunities may be more strict.

And yes the sui-word is likely to catch the censor as is the di€ word even in the context of I don't want to.

@AffyAvo Oh ok :) Thank you! I didn't know if it varied from forum to forum. It would make sense that some forum's would be stricter

Thank you for your reply :)

The forum is the only place where the entire message gets lost when this happens - in the group chat and in 1-1 it just doesn't get posted, but it allows the poster to edit it.

@7cupscommunity I brought this up before, can this please be changed? Forum posts tend to be a lot longer than chat posts and it's frustrating for the entire post to be lost. Will also tag @Mel

Also, I have put in censor form suggestions and I havven't seen a change. I regularly get censored for being in crisis despite not being in crisis. Are there plans to update anything?

@AffyAvo

Thank you for your help in trying to resolve that issue. Rewriting my message, i'm still unsure as to what words were the flagged ones. If anyone gets a list please send to me too.

Thank you for your time. Have a great day!

@Msp1208 Admins wouldn't give a list

It's not just words it's phrases as well. For a while the word asleep kept catching it as it has *asl* an abbreviation asking for some personal details- at least that one was removed!

@AffyAvo

O.k. I see. My message had information about doctors, pills, and natural medicine. That's what gets me. I didn't talk about su*c*de or anything like that. Just a pleasant response. I will keep an eye out though for what I write. I will also use google docs or something I can edit easier if need be. Thanks for all your time with this.

Mel January 19th, 2021

@AffyAvo Thank you for the tag, Affy.

I usually recommend for longer post to write them in a note pad first, in case this happens. As far as I know there's no possibility to fix this at the moment.

@Msp1208 Please know triggering posts are not allowed, you may see more about why those kind of flags appear here (Forum Rules Expanded). I hope you can get the help that you need! Best.

Mel, 7Cups Ambassador. "and in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make".

Ok. Thank you. I honestly don't know much about the triggering post. I will read up on it. If anyone gets triggered in a bad way at something I write, I'm sorry. I will do my best after reading about it to not do it. This seems like an odd place to get triggered đŸ€” I'm a little bit like don't read my story, If I can't get it out the way it happened because someone is gonna have a meltdown if they read it. I'm not sure how that's fair. I will do my best like I said. I shouldn't comment on what I haven't yet read about. I think though for future warning. I'm possibly loaded with potential triggers for others. đŸ€·â€â™€ïž I will get back to this when I'm better informed. Thank you for the message. Have a great evening. 🙂 I like that love quote. Nice.

Mel January 20th, 2021

@Msp1208 No problem! It's okay you weren't informed, we perfectly understand! You can always talk on a 1-1 session with one of our listeners as well to vent more, if forums feel a bit restrictive, both options are available!

Glad you like the quote! It's my favorite one. Have a good night.

Mel, 7Cups Ambassador. "and in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make".

funnyPenguin3356 January 19th, 2021

Okay m confused n dinno where to ask So dnt mind the diversion How do u bcm a listener here

@funnyPenguin3356

Hi, I am unsure. As you see above, I was having difficulty just being a talker. I hope you find what you need. Very nice of you to want to help others.

Have a good day. :)

@funnyPenguin3356 Hey :) at the bottom of this page where the border turns dark blue - under the section Get Started - third one from the top - volunteer as a listener. Click that and it will guide you through the rest :)

Unless you're on the app - then I have no idea :)

- because ..

I'm going to get off here for tonight. I will respond tomorrow. When you take what I've wrote @mel and change it so it no longer has the same meanings that help me, especially since those words are not bad, it takes away from my experience here, I find it to be very unfair. Me stating I'm not in the mindset you're referring to..should be enough. Nope, let's chop off my message. Thanks for the ways you've shown your abilities to me. You've been helpful.

Mel January 20th, 2021

@Msp1208 I'm sorry you think it's unfair. You're welcomed to review our community guidelines of engagement to understand a bit better the reasons why a post doesn't go through or posts are edited. Here you can find the expanded version of every Forum guideline. Hope you get to talk about what's upsetting you. Best x.

jayen009 May 22nd, 2021

Well...........In my case I am alone and lookinfg for someone to come in my life......what you guys think of I am 40 male.....do you think i should go for having new life partner in this age or i should live my life as it is ??