Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Advice without judgment

Stacey84 November 17th, 2021

I have eupd and everyday feels like a struggle.

I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me, I guess I just need or should I say feel the need to be understood.

Sorry I sound like a idiot and I frustrate myself 😡😑

halcyonCloud2036 November 17th, 2021

@Stacey84

I am so glad you made this post. You are not an idiot! It takes courage and clarity to come here and share what you are going through. You are strong and brave to take this step. If you haven't already, there is a great forum here that you might want to check out https://www.7cups.com/home/personalitydisorders/

Keep coming back! We are all in this together :)

Stacey84 OP November 17th, 2021

Thank you so much. I was getting ready to delete it because I thought it sounded stupid 😕

It won't let me click on it

adventurousBranch3786 November 17th, 2021

@Stacey84 https://www.7cups.com/home/personalitydisorders/

I hope this one works.

halcyonCloud2036 November 22nd, 2021

@adventurousBranch3786

Thank you for resending the link for me

adventurousBranch3786 November 24th, 2021

Your welcome☺️

Helgafy November 17th, 2021

@Stacey84

Hi @Stacey84.

I'm sorry that you have to work on these things in your personality. Maybe you also could see a therapist at 7Cup or where you live.

All the best for you.

Helga.

Thank you. I've tried therapy but it's not for me

ARC80 November 17th, 2021

@Stacey84

I can relate to this! I'm so sorry that you are struggling. Thank you for taking the time to put yourself out there. It doesn't sound stupid, it sounds very familiar. As much as I wouldn't wish EUPD on anyone it is a small glimmer of hope knowing that I'm not alone. I'm not the only one living in the agony and chaos that this disorder causes.

Here's hoping that today is better! Know that I'll be thinking of you today and wishing you well from afar!

Stacey84 OP December 2nd, 2021

Thank you so much and it helps me knowing I'm not alone.

Do you have a coping mechanism when you have days that feel unbearable?

I used to write but it doesn't help now. All I seem to do is cry and hurt myself for the distraction 😔

ARC80 December 4th, 2021

@Stacey84

Hey Stacey, I tried responding to you the other night from the app on my phone, but the window got shut and then I couldn't find the thread... So glad I found this again...

I'm sorry to hear that writing isn't helping as a coping mechanism for you at this time. I hope that at some point down the road it will return to your list of tools. My husband tells me I should write, but sometimes if the emotions are too high it just pushes me further down the spiral hole. Even attempting to write on clear days can sometimes trigger me.

Through DBT and CBT counseling I've found some other ways to cope. I'm sure you know yourself that some days it's easier to stick to the list than others.

When things are really bad for me my go to is to Distract. I usually do this with crafting or art. I like to paint, sew, paper craft, or do stained glass. Crochet is great, especially as a beginner, because it takes a bit of concentration and the materials are inexpensive. I taught myself to crochet using YouTube videos. Following a pattern requires a lot of repetitive counting, so I don't have room in my brain to dwell on past traumas, or current drama.

I've found that distract can be helpful, but it's not something to constantly rely on. I have to remember to do my self care so that when my mood is lighter and my brain is clearer I can address the issues from a rational point of view. I hope this helps you, I know how intense the emotional pain can get. I know how quickly self harm can step in, even when you don't want it to. I know how exhausting it can be to feel like you've made progress only to be at the bottom of the well again. Please know that I'm right there with you, trying to climb to the top.