Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Saying hello, looking for a friend

forcefulOceann April 10th, 2023

Hello everyone! Have a great monday, im a new mom with a 7 months old, she just recovered covid and got discharged from the hospital. She get fussy all day so night time is when i can have some time for myself, i wanted to make some friends since i literally have none

i wish to have someone likeminded & patient with me as i have bpd and anxiety. Thank you ❤️

dynamicPenny4940 April 10th, 2023

hello and welcome forceful, we'll be glad to help you whenever you need

CatDude April 10th, 2023

I have EUPD (BPD) and have no friends either.... Except my cat. How to make friends is one of the greatest mysteries of life.

searchmoon May 12th, 2023

And greatest challenges too 😅🙌🏻

Impancake June 5th, 2023

@searchmoon

Whew the social challenge.. trying know how someone will react or whens to much that you are telling someone ✧ \ ( > o < ) ノ ✧

akay06 April 13th, 2023

I’m not sure how to make friends to be honest. I’ve tried mom groups but my anxiety gets the best of me every single time.

perl20 April 14th, 2023

@forcefulOceann You are a stronger mom, I hope your baby is getting better.

MeowgicalCaticorn April 14th, 2023

@forcefulOceann

Hi! Welcome. I'm also a mom and depressed and anxious mine is turning 19 (oh my gosh i cant believe 8 just said that!) But I've been there, by myself. I would love to get to know you and maybe we have something in common.

mstickley88 April 14th, 2023

I feel like we have the same energy lol Idk why and I'm sorry if this is weird or something but I felt that I had to say that I think we can relate to eachother! 😆

purplelady568 April 19th, 2023

@forcefulOceann - wow, Im so glad that your little one has recovered! Welcome home to her!

I know what it is like to have a very sick baby and struggle with your own mental health. I have been there, and walked through some dark days during that time. Please reach out to me or another listener if you'd like to chat 1-1 about what you are thinking and feeling. Take care, and rest when you can!!!

-Purple

Heart4art April 20th, 2023

I’m so glad you are reaching out! I remember how lonely it can be being a new Mom! We are all here for you!

reliableSky3269 April 23rd, 2023

Hi forcefulOceann

congrats on becoming a mommy!! Motherhood is the hardest, tiring, frustrating yet most rewarding job there is! I’m a mom of 4, though my kids are ages 8-15. I had a very hard time transitioning to motherhood. I had Post Partum Depression before it was acceptable to talk about. That was such a dark time. But I am so thankful to say I made it through!

My husband has BPD so I am familiar :) my husband teases me that I have “BPD type 3” because I also have some symptoms of hypomania.

im here if you want to chat!

purplelady568 May 8th, 2023

@reliableSky3269 thank you for sharing a small part of your story. I am sooo glad you made it through to the other side of PPD. Many moms don't get the help and support they need at such a crucial time in their lives. Look at you, surviving and encouraging others! Great job!

reliableSky3269 May 12th, 2023

Ty @purplelady568 💗

May 10th, 2023

Hi

Hope u r doing well.

We can connect in the evening hrs at 10pm

If that's fine with u

reliableSky3269 May 12th, 2023

@forcefulOceann how are you doing?

JaseByTheSea May 12th, 2023

Hi I’m here if you ever want a friend to chat with, have a great day

jitterbugz7 May 12th, 2023

@forcefulOceann Hello. I hope your baby gets to feeling better soon that has to be hard. Glad you are all home from the hospital. I have bipolar disorder and I havent talked to my therapist in a couple of weeks. I'm going to chat with a listener I think. This place has proven very helpful to me. I hope you make lots of friends who are understanding of your mental health. I also joined NAMI and highly recommend their support groups too as a supplement. Anyway welcome and nice to meet you. I am happy to meet you!

Sun38294 May 12th, 2023

@forcefulOceann

Hey, congratulations, I wish you strenght

As you're a mom, I just really wanted to tell you that I terribly miss maternal affection that my own mom doesn't provide me, I'm always kinda jealous of those children I see their mother is gentle with, so I hope you'll make me jealous too :)

MooRooster May 12th, 2023

@Sun38294

I feel this. I lost my mother at a very young age. It's something I think about often in regards to my psychological development.

Sun38294 May 12th, 2023

@MooRooster

Do you know any effects it can have on psychological development ?

@Sun38294

Well I'm not a psychologist so take this with a grain of salt, but I have formed a hard exterior in which I don't open up to much of anyone because I expect no one cares and I value sternness above anyone else I know, likely because most of the parenting I experienced growing up was paternal guidance which is useful but oh so cold. Also, however embarrassing this is to say, I've formed a mother complex in which I seek the affection of older women and have an impulse to talk to them, likely because part of me is trying to fill the void that growing up without a mother has put onto me.

Sun38294 May 13th, 2023

@MooRooster

I get the seeking affection in older women part, I have teacher attachment

SteveMiller May 12th, 2023

@forcefulOceann Hi dear one. If ever you need some help, I'm more than happy to be there for you. I don't promise to be around 24/7, but we can smile together when I can. My (long distance relationship) girlfriend is bpd - I strongly suspect she is, she has not told me so far - my twin sister is bpd, maybe I can help you out with that. Unfortunately I don't talk to my sister anymore, it's been a year since I found out about that. My sister was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in the first place, but my regular contact with her opened up my eyes about a misplaced diagnosis. On top of that, she does not get to see a doctor, go figure.

Cheers 🤗 and welcome.

SteveMiller May 12th, 2023

@forcefulOceann feel free to reach out anytime, I forgot to mention that.

@forcefulOceann

I like bpd friends. They always try to form a co-dependency. Only one case when it turned out bad and it was this guy who got angry at me whenever I talked to or hung out with anyone else.

PrisKay June 1st, 2023

Hello welcome to motherhood. I too I'm a bipolar maybe we can be friends

VjCal743 June 29th, 2023

@forcefulOceann Hii, I'm a rising junior in high school, so I'm not a mom. But I do babysit frequently, and I have two younger siblings, belonging to my stepmother, that I watch over and care for a lot. One is almost two, and the other is 8 months now. I feel like a mom to them. I know it's not the same though.

I also struggle with a few different types of anxiety and would love to be your friend. Please feel free to reach out any time you just need someone to talk to. Being a new mom is tough, and I'm so proud of you for making it through a sick baby. You're strong, don't forget it.