Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Do you cry

searchingformi April 5th, 2022

I feel like crying. I want a shoulder to cry on.I am 48. Shame..I should be a support , not a burden

Imane27 April 5th, 2022

@searchingformi hiii honeeey

LalaLives April 5th, 2022

Yes, I cry. I'm 40. I don't think there's any shame in needing a shoulder. That's why 7cups exists! We can all be a support and need support. I hope you can feel some release and relief soon. @searchingformi

affectionateCat9553 April 5th, 2022

@searchingformi

I haven't had a good cry lately but in the recent past I was one of those people who needed to cry or would cry. I had a huge problem with feeling life is unfair and loneliness. I'm trying to rearrange my life to what I think it should be so I'm trying to get over the unfair feelings. Also, now that I am married feeling lonely is not such a big problem. Not that I validate myself through others but that was the problem. I didn't have anyone. Supposedly it is good to cry it releases hormones that make us feel stressed.

frankAcres2423 May 10th, 2022

@affectionateCat9553

That's helpful to know, I keep suppressing the need to cry, that's not healthy

calmCake1350 April 5th, 2022

@searchingformi Hi, dearest! You are never too old (or too young) to cry, to need attention, care and compassion. Likewise, fear has no age limit, nor does have any kind of human suffering. In this life, there are no "burdens", when you love someone you embrace them always, in good times and bad times. Don't be so hard on yourself: give love and allow yourself to be given that same love. That's true love: reciprocity, the unconditional pleasure of giving.

You are blessed if you have a family or friends. If not, never lose faith in Humanity. Solace can come from the most unsuspected people.

The world may, often, seem a dark, lonely and hopeless place. But there are so many good people out there! Trust the universe, trust universal justice.

I'll keep you in my thoughts. May you feel better soon.

Lookin4Answers2Lyfe April 5th, 2022

No. It’s very rare. I’m a guy, I can’t really cry without it being weakness.

LalaLives April 5th, 2022

Just wanted to say welcome, @lookin4answers2lyfe. I hope you can connect with some support on 7 cups. Your feelings are valid and I'm sorry if others see if as weakness. You matter and you deserve to cry if you want to. It took strength even just to sign up and post. I'm glad you're here.

determinedShip1191 April 12th, 2022

@Lookin4Answers2Lyfe

Haven't been able to cry for years either brother, have tried but failed. It's like it gets pushed out of you.

frankAcres2423 May 10th, 2022

@Lookin4Answers2Lyfe

I'd say it's SEEN as a weakness, but it really isn't.

To show you are emotionally vulnerable shows real bravery

CookedCarrots May 16th, 2022

Male or female. It is healthy for all of us to cry and let out emotion.

TheBroiler625 April 15th, 2022

Interesting topic... For years I found myself never crying, probably most of my adult life. Not at funerals, weddings, breakups. Almost never.

As my daughters got older I found myself tearing more often and even at odd times - like the ending of Lord of the Rings. At some point somewhere I had a breakthrough and now feel like I tear up almost too easily - to the point of it quickly turning into a chuckle.

You sometimes just have to unpack something that's blocking those stronger emotions from coming through. While a good cry is great - I still prefer a good laugh. 😏

Rajeshrn April 15th, 2022

@searchingformi

I am same. I consider crying as normal for me. No control. We are human. Anyone can be burden depending on situation. It is not your fault.

AspieSocialite27 April 15th, 2022

searchingformi, you are not a burden to us or anyone that is around you.

If they think or say you are a burden, that is a them problem, not a you problem.

Hugs

ShizukanaChinmoku April 15th, 2022

I've got you buddy. Crying is okay. And you're not a burden, you're precious to us.

Sending lots of love. ❤🤗

Songstress April 15th, 2022

I cry. However, when I’m crying frequently that’s usually an indicator that my depression has worsened. So, if it’s that way for you, it might be beneficial to keep tabs on that and not let yourself fall too far before calling your psychiatrist, if you have one.

B701755 May 10th, 2022

Im 43 and for some reason my tears no longer comes out. I just feel numb, like i no longer cares about anything including myself. Sigh*

reliableWest8997 May 10th, 2022

I am 43 also, I find myself crying when I feel victimized, or powerless to do anything or when I feel used, and controled or manipulated against my desires and also when I specifically asked for respect or for my boundaries not to be crossed. It is certainly a reality but at times, this type of thinking is also based on perception. I have come to the realization that it is how I perceive a situation to be that will really impact me. This is a space that other people should not be able to touch; they really cannot or should not be able to cross that line. They can cross that line in other ways, physically, but I have to come to the realization that people who do this are not thinking about others; even if it is done intentionally and maliciously, they are the ones responsible

helloTortoise301 May 10th, 2022

Sometimes you are busy supporting other people that you have no one to support you.Crying makes you human.Don't be ashamed of being human.You can only fill other's cups when your cup is full.Hope you find someone.

ArielSun8 May 13th, 2022

@searchingformi

We have emotions, and it's normal to express and reveal them. Crying is not a burden and there is no age limit. I understand you. It's totally okay to cry. Sometimes it's just an emotional outburst that needs to be expressed. Sometimes it's better for you to adjust your emotions after expressing them. Everyone has their own unique value at any age! Please don't be sad because of others' malice. Please believe that you are not a burden!

I'm here to support you!

YOHomie001 May 16th, 2022

@searchingformi You don't just have to be someones support. Everyone needs someone. you just need to find your someone who would support you the same way you would support them. Its okay to cry. hoenstly.

upsyndrome1235 May 16th, 2022

@searchingformi

I understand your pain. I haven't been able to truly cry myself for a long time now. But know that God loves you.

BluePurpleBlack May 16th, 2022

Age doesn't matter.Whether you are young or old it is fine to cry.You are a human and you have emotion.Its not good to hide and repressed your emotion.You are not a burden.Cry it out let it out its fine.You are fine.Its fine to cry.

Tierrv May 16th, 2022

Never a burden, we’re always here to listen. Hope your day gets better ❤️

Peggyrocks73 June 2nd, 2022

@Tierrv , it is my 1st time here and I cry every day. I lost my husband on April 24, 2021 and miss him every day and cry every night that he's gone. I know it's very very hard to lose someone and we would have been married 50 years this year and now he's gone. I don't know what to do but I do need to speak to someone but I don't know how to do it come can you help me Question of the?

NandaPaula27 May 16th, 2022

@searchingformi you can talk to me if you need.

guitarist175 May 16th, 2022

@searchingformi hello! Trust me you are not a burden, the fact you are a part of this community of people that are helping each other shows your value alone, never mind all of the other positive things you bring to those around you.

Its okay to cry, it doesn't matter how old you are, sometimes we just need to get it all out!

Much love, feel free to contact if you want someone to chat to.

AnnuKaur2 May 16th, 2022

Whatever the age, you're still a human being and we sometimes just have to let go of the sadness we're holding inside. Hope crying made you feel better ") *hugs*

CookedCarrots May 16th, 2022

Sounds like you have made it through, or are working on making it through some tough stuff. Life does get better. when the timing is right your story of endurance and perservereance will help someone else get through a tough time. You never know who it will help, a family member, coworker, or close friend.

NandaPaula27 June 1st, 2022

I cry every day of my life.

fearlessMoon9994 June 2nd, 2022

No need to feel Shame, sometimes we need to cry to release the tension in body... pls don't feel a burden

Jaeteuk June 2nd, 2022

Crying shall not make one feel ashamed or a burden. Male or female, no matter at what age, I believe we all need a good cry at times.

As a female and at 35, I would feel embarrassed and a weakling if I cried in public. Instead, I would find some sad video clips, watch them behind closed doors (my bedroom), and use it as an excuse to cry. At other times, to let out stressful thoughts, I would start crying under my covers by just thinking about it. I hardly ever cry in front of others, I may feel teary, but I wouldn't dare shed that tear. I think, I wouldn't mind crying on someone's shoulder, if that person was my husband or a best friend (I don't have either though)!~

@searchingformi

Angelica2027 June 3rd, 2022

Im 42. Now unemployed after being diagnosed with neuropathy over my entire body. This added to my hear conditio , diabetes, high blood pressure and now my eye site failing. I loved my life. The art side and veing with kids I lived after teaching for 23 years. Not I feel lost and alone. I cry all tge time and have had many suicidal thoughts. I have clinical depression and none of the meds they gave me worked. I love my husband and son but I feel so.alone now. What do I do. Im not on medical aid and doctora appointments are tio expensive. What do I do???

BrightandGentleHand June 5th, 2022

@Angelica2027 Hi Angelica!! First off, **hugs**

We can take it one day at a time, especially with this community. Talk it out, every little bit of sharing helps...

BrightandGentleHand June 5th, 2022

@searchingformi Go cry! It feels good.

placidStrawberries3790 June 5th, 2022

It’s people who can’t cry we need to feel sorry for…..crying is a natural release

Xmas06 June 6th, 2022

@searchingformi I'm also 48 and with all the stuff I have going on right now I find myself crying almost every day. Life gets overwhelming and weneed to let it out.