Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

38 with low self-esteem

bunylove7 November 30th, 2022

I’m an okay looking 38 y.o. woman. Ok well more on the boring side of looks. I don’t wear makeup but needing to really confirms my lack of looks. Wondering if there’s anything that I’m missing.

toughTiger6481 November 30th, 2022

@bunylove7

You are not alone..... i will tell you that i do not wear makeup as a young girl was not very gifted in applying and some male friends told me to not bother ... my now spouse included always felt like a wallflower........ even learning to apply better never felt right......... if you have ever seen those no makeup photos of celebs etc you might ask yourself like i do wow why would anyone wear that ... the skin looks dead ......

now back to the self esteem thing as i told you i felt like the wallflower ....... met someone who made me feel beautiful and sexy and i will tell you once i saw what he sees............... i feel very attractive and now get glances and men trying to chat me up ........ I did not change anything ...........just confidence shines through and my confidence has changed how i see me too...

i never bought into that idea................... but i see it know the most attractive people were self assured not made up or dressing the most stylish etc. The glow from within...... it is sad that the person who made me feel this way is NOT my spouse and we will never end up together but he has made me glow

Creamyyy November 30th, 2022

@toughTiger6481 what a nice story. I'm so happy you feel confident and happy.

Creamyyy November 30th, 2022

@bunnylove7 Try changing your self talk. Believe you are beautiful and you will need no validation. Keep repeating to yourself till you accept it from your heart. It may take time. I hope you feel more confident. I'm in the same age group as you. People often tell me I should wear make up and work on looking better. I laugh at their comments. Because I feel fine as I am and am not going to live to other peoples standards.

sittingforyou2 November 30th, 2022

If Beauty lies in makeup , no one looks the woman in her days wake up look, her looks matter more when you don't have intellect , an understanding partner ,with kind and loving heart is all desirable. If that's not true all beautiful girls won't had breakup in her life. Even most good looking women are sometimes very depressed. There is saying if you focus on the moon, you see it's light and beauty, if you focus on its spots, you feel it as planet without life. So stay positive, I am happy if you share your view with me.

Jaeteuk December 4th, 2022

@bunylove7

I'll be 36 in January, I've never used any makeup either. The most is using lipstick. Other than that, I do not know anything else about all the different makeup products that are out there. Nor do I know how to use them. I've never believed that I need to use makeup for others to feel attracted to me. I've heard some men here in 7Cups, tell me that I'm unrealistic and living in fantasy land, that my thinking is stupid and I'm childish. I'm sticking to my beliefs though. I'm not entirely confident in my own skin, but I feel natural looks is better than having heavy makeup to present myself to others.

RHassan December 4th, 2022

@bunylove7 personality and dressing .... Think about these things ... Make-up and beauty fades by age, these things not

Iamwhoiamwhoami December 4th, 2022

My opinion is that makeup is not needed. Period.

If and when it happens and finding and being with someone that accepts you completely and you accept them completely then all the better.

First off though is accepting oneself completely, and I have no ideas on how that is accomplished. I am struggling with that myself.

If you find a way to help the self esteem let me know I need all the help I can get. Thank you.

intellectualWillow9978 December 4th, 2022

When I first saw my wife with out make-up I knew she was the one. After 56 years she may have used lipstick and eye lash a few times. A real down to earth gal. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Life goes on with out my soul mate, memories will remain forever.

spongbobishappy December 4th, 2022

@bunylove7

I am inviting you to join me in the Sharing Circle chat room where you can share witother members of 7Cups.com !! 😊

slowdecline48 December 4th, 2022

@bunylove7 You can remember one important fact: Looks are only one aspect of a person. There is more to a human being than just appearance...looking pretty (& I'm sure you do) will get attention from others, but that's all it's good for.

Try to focus on other aspects of yourself besides your body (or face). How about your personality, i.e. likes & dislikes, beliefs, etc.?

nudhar December 4th, 2022

Mam you are glorious from inside of your heart