Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Unbottling emotions

As much as a lot of people think that I am living a good life, I am still feeling like I’m failing on something. Something that I can’t point out what. I just feel like I’m not doing good enough and that I feel a constant need to look for what to do to not feel like I’m failing in life. I’m in a happy marriage but I’m struggling with fertility. I’m finally doing the career that I’ve always wanted but I feel like I need to advance more. I feel like until now, there are times I’m unconsciously seeking for validation that I’m actually doing good but when they tell me I am, I don’t believe them. I just don’t know what to do. I just want to feel happy and comfortable.

toughTiger6481 July 14th

@MarcelineTheVampireQueen95

how do you feel you are doing... evaluate by pretending your life is is a friends ... would you tell them...... " you have x, y and z but you NEED more"       NO you most likely would not you would tell them how they are doing so well...

Why do so many of us be so hard on ourselves ...and not treat ourselves like our best friend.... 

Striving for more or wanting more is fine but if you are not enjoying your life in pursuit of bigger/ better and outside validation... i find outside validation is like blowing bubbles fun in the moment but ends so quickly. 

MindfulJourney22 July 15th

@MarcelineTheVampireQueen95  It sounds like you're carrying a heavy emotional burden right now, and it's completely understandable given the challenges you're facing. Feeling like you're not measuring up or that something is missing can be incredibly tough, especially when you have moments of happiness in your marriage and career. It's okay to feel this way—it doesn't diminish your achievements or the love you have in your life.

Struggling with fertility while trying to maintain a fulfilling career adds layers of complexity to your journey. It's natural to seek validation and reassurance, yet still find it hard to believe when others acknowledge your accomplishments. These feelings are valid and don't indicate any personal shortcomings.
Finding happiness and comfort can feel elusive when you're grappling with these conflicting emotions. It might help to acknowledge that it's okay not to have all the answers right now. Taking small steps towards self-compassion and allowing yourself to feel these emotions without judgment can be a starting point.
you're not alone in feeling this way, and  we are here for you. You're doing the best you can with the challenges life has presented, and that in itself is a significant accomplishment.
GoldenRuleJG August 1st

Congratulations first of all on your new career! Nobody can understand things 💯from your lens as you can as it’s your unique experience.

We do have a human instinct I would think to make people feel great about themselves . It can be hard to do the inner work . Life can feel like a rush , like you have to make quick decisions and worry about what people think about you.

*You can ask yourself about self-comparison and the factors where you get confidence from.

*What would be an encouraging thing to say to yourself?

*How comfortbale would you say you are asking for help ?

When we are in a confused state of mind we are looking for solutions it maybe helpful to think about the efforts you are making so far 🤍