Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hey There...

RoseThorn3299 October 4th, 2018

Hi. Im new here. Im not really sure how this works. I feel really lonely in my life. I feel like the only people in my life are my mom and my boyfriend. I dont have any friends. No one to check up on me or no one who wants to hang out with me. My heart hurts every time Im home alone because I know that I have no one to go to... Im on the search for my best friend. Ive never had someone call me their best friend before so it would be nice for a change. I want to feel less alone please.

ElephantSun October 4th, 2018

Hi! I am new here too. It is hard not having friends. I don't have any close friends who live near me either. I spend most of my free time with my kids (2 and 4 years old). I'm 34. How old are you? Honestly I think making friends is hard for everyone. I will be your friend but I hope you find a best friend in real life (not online) too. Try different activities and maybe you'll meet someone. Social anxiety, introversion, and lack of free time and money have made it hard for me to make friends. How about you?

RoseThorn3299 OP October 4th, 2018

@ElephantSun

Im 19. I work 2 jobs and I work every single day out of the week. I barely have any time to go anywhere and it makes me more depressed. I need people who will help motivate me to get out more and try new things. It seems like every time I make an effort to have friends, they never seem to want to put the same effort in.

ElephantSun October 4th, 2018

@RoseThorn3299

I hear you. People can be really flaky. My husband is an extrovert and still has trouble making friends because people are flaky and just keep to themselves more nowadays. Is there any way you could cut back on hours or not work two jobs?? I used to work a really stressful job but have taken a paycut just to have a calmer job.

RoseThorn3299 OP October 4th, 2018

@ElephantSun

Im trying really hard to save enough money for my first apartment and to go back to school. For the time being, I have to work those 2 jobs. I dont have a set schedule so they all schedule my hours for me.