Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hello!šŸŒž

Pawgrandma March 16th

Iā€™m new to 7 Cups. Ā I struggle with depression and anxiety. Ā Iā€™m looking for a safe place to chat and get support. Ā Sometimes when my symptoms are worse I feel so alone. Ā My family doesnā€™t really understand and canā€™t really help me. Ā Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this community!

Hello @Pawgrandma welcome to the community. It can be so challenging when the loneliness strikes on top of dealing with depression and anxiety. I'm so proud of you for reaching out in 7 cups to find a safe and compassionate space for yourself and hope this turns out to be exactly that and more, for you. You deserve to feel heard and understood.šŸ’›

Feel free to check out thisĀ Welcome PackĀ (clickable) containing lots of information and resources for you navigate around here better.Ā 

Have you tried connecting with a listener for a 1-1 or exploring the group chatrooms yet?šŸŒž

Pawgrandma OP March 16th

Thank you for the welcome! I will definitely check out the welcome pack!! I did one session with a 1-1. Iā€™m not sure how I feel about it. The listener asked more personal questions than I was comfortable with.

Iā€™m still trying to navigate my way into one of the chats! I really donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing and havenā€™t been successful as yet. I was thinking about requesting another 1-1 for some assistance with that. I would appreciate any helpful hints you have! Iā€™m new to the world of chat rooms. What are your thoughts?

Tinywhisper11 March 16th

@Pawgrandma hi welcome to cups ā¤ I'm lola ā¤Ā  you've came to the right place, this is definetly a safe place to talk about the things you can't with your family and friends ā¤ we understand depression and anxiety all to well here ā¤ gives you a giant tiny hug ā¤ā¤ I hope you get all the support you deserve here ā¤

Pawgrandma OP March 16th

Thank you so much Lola! Iā€™m feeling more understood already! šŸŒž

daydreammemories March 16th

@Pawgrandma

Hi : ) , and a warm welcomeĀ šŸŒŸ

I hope being here helps, and we're all here for ya as wellĀ šŸ™ƒ

Pawgrandma OP March 17th

Thank you!

EmmyMarie06 March 18th

@PawgrandmaĀ  Ā  Ā hi! first of all I have the same situation. I also suffer from severe anxiety and depression. I (three days ago LOL) started a medication to help with that. I might recommend that for you too!?

first of all, my parents don't really get me. having anxiety is a confusing thing and really messes with you, and messes with the image you put onto your family. girlie. all I can say is just try to improve yourself. I know its really hard and your probably thinking "but I am. I'm trying really hard" and you should really be proud of that. life requires everyone to improve all the time. life is so so hard. just learn to love and appreciate yourself. it will change a lot.Ā 

Pawgrandma OP March 18th

Thanks Emmy! I appreciate the words of encouragement! I also started a new medication for anxiety recently. Itā€™s called Buspirone? Does that sound familiar?