Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hello ❤️

Swethe442 March 19th, 2020

Hello everyone! My name is Sheila, I'm 29 and have two wonderful kids and an amazing husband. I joines 7Cups because lately, like in the last few weeks, I've been having this weird feeling. It feels like I'm in a bubble or a dream. My vision is altered, my hearing is altered and any movement I make makes me feel like the room is spinning or I'm going to pass out.

My logical brain tells me it's because I have not worked in over a month and I'm used to constantly running around but my anxiety tells me it's because I have a terminal illness.

I've been through the ringer in my life. I've been through molestation, abandonment, rape, abusive relationships.. it's been an adventure. I have generalized anxiety disorder, depression and PTSD. My kids help me keep my crazy under control because I don't want them to see me like how I used to be.

I was curious if anyone had experienced the feelings I'm having and if so what were your physical symptoms? What did you do to get out of it? Thanks 😊

Sheila ❤️

Stoffel March 19th, 2020

@Swethe442

Hello Sheila, I'm Soe. Welcome to 7 cups, we're glad to have you here!

I've experienced what you've been discribing many times in my life. For me it was most often a form of dissociation, often due to things like my anxiety, my depression or my PTSD. A few times it was also due to burnout, which is when it was the most noticable.

It could however also be due to something physical. I was very physically ill a few years ago and a lot of times I felt like I was in a strong daze where everything was slow and altered and the room was spinning. So I won't tell you that it can't stem from a physical source either.

You are right, it could just be that you're not used to the new changes in your life yet. And that's completely valid too.

No matter which one of those it is in the end, you're more than welcome to share more of your experiences here and to keep us updated! And don't be afraid to check in with your doctor about your symptoms and worries. Even if it is just transitional or mental, I promise you will not be a burden to him and he will be thankful that you opened up to him about how you've been feeling lately 💜💜

Best of wished to you 💕

Swethe442 OP March 19th, 2020

@Soe22

Thank you so much for your help. It's just so weird. Today hasn't been as bad as it has been but it's still weird. I've been trying to get in to see my doctor but this corona virus nonsense makes it impossible. I will update everyone when I find out what it is :) thanks for the support!

Sheila

Violetraine33 March 23rd, 2020

@Swethe442 Hey Sheila! Welcome :)