Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Alphabet Game

Taking turns, follow the alphabet to name animal or mineral, flora or fauna 😊 😊 😊 

Example:

Amethyst 🔮 

Banana 🍌 

Cactus 🌵 

Donkey 

download_1715746316.jpeg

jesusredeemedme2425 August 9th

What does that mean lol

communicativePond1728 OP August 14th

@jesusredeemedme2425 overcompensating 

LeoHanae August 10th

@communicativePond1728

pink flamingo !    <3

creativeThinker3761 August 10th

Eel

mytwistedsoul August 13th

Giraffe 

derp-giraffe.gif

@mytwistedsoul looooooool

mytwistedsoul August 14th

@communicativePond1728 😁 a giraffe blep

communicativePond1728 OP August 24th

@mytwistedsoul I love this gif so much. Totes a blep 😁

InternalAcceptance August 13th

Hummingbird

hummingbird-2_1723575835.jpg

Some fun facts about hummingbirds:
At rest, a hummingbird takes an average of 250 breaths per minute. Their breathing pace will increase when they are in flight.

1. Hummingbirds have 1,000 to 1,500 feathers, the fewest number of feathers of any bird species in the world. Not only do they not need as many feathers because of their tiny size, but fewer feathers also keeps them more lightweight for easier flight.
  2. At rest, a hummingbird takes an average of 250 breaths per minute. Their breathing pace will increase when they are in flight.

@InternalAcceptance They are such amazing little birds. I love when they start showing up here

Iridium!

download_1723650069.jpeg

(Image credit: Images of Elements)

Iridium is the most corrosion-resistant element on the Periodic Table of Elements.

It also has the highest density of all the elements.

Furthermore it's one of the rarest minerals on earth, not naturally formed and found at about 0.001 PPM in the earth's crust.

Well. According to google.

@communicativePond1728 NASA uses it alot because it can withstand extreme environments. Cool! 😎

Jasper 

image_1723668062.png

Jasper is an opaque form of Chalcedony, which is a microcrystalline variety of the mineral Quartz. It often contains an abundance of impurities, and therefore some regard it as a rock instead of a mineral. 

@mytwistedsoul cool!

communicativePond1728 OP August 16th

y2fyzs1wbgfudc1wcm9mawxll3vzzxjzlzq4mjizny9wbgfudc1wag90b3mvtm9uzs8xnza0nzu1otyxodc0ltgxndjeq0iyltdbneqtneqwoc1bothflte3ntgyrkjdnerbri5qcgvn_1723817878.jpeg

In the vibrant lexicon of floriography, Red Hot Poker plants (Kniphofia uvaria) are not your typical wallflowers. Their bold spikes of blossoms convey a message of excitement and a zest for life. These fiery torches in the garden are a visual shout-out to high energy and action, making them the perfect emblem for those who live life with passion and intensity 🔥 

mytwistedsoul August 19th

@communicativePond1728 These are beautiful! 

fruityHoliday63 August 17th

Lemon!

We all know this refreshing little fruit

communicativePond1728 OP August 24th

@fruityHoliday63 love lemons!

mytwistedsoul August 17th

Mercury

image_1723909220.png

communicativePond1728 OP August 17th

@mytwistedsoul that's a great picture

@communicativePond1728 Thanks! 😊

communicativePond1728 OP August 19th

@mytwistedsoul looks like it's in blue Gatorade

TheGirlWhoFeltTooMuch August 17th

@communicativePond1728

N for Native Bismuth

bismuth-huallatani-mine-potosi-bolivia_1723921568.jpg

Bismuth was originally identified and is credited to German monk and alchemist, John Pottinger in 1753. It is naturally occuring in the Earth's crust and typically mined as a byproduct of other metals like lead and copper. Found perdomintely in China, Peru, Mexico, and Boliva. Ancient Egyptians used it to make cosmetics, like eye shadow.

Bismuth is actually the most diamagnetic (repels magnets) of all metals!! And can be found in your medicine cabinets! It's an active ingredient in most otc tummy medicines. It can also be found in fire detection systems as a safety mechanism!

Most of the Bismuth that is commonly produced and marketed is grown in a laboratory and coated with chemicals to prevent tarnish. But native bismuth is more of a metallic silver-white that sometimes has a reddish hue and oxidizes yellowish to dark gray. It does have a naturally subdued iridescent colring ranging through reds, blues, purples, gold and green due to the thin layer of bismuth oxide that forms on the surface of the crystal as it cools and is base don how thick the oxide grows.

When crystals form on native bisuth they are usually flat hexagons that occur in parallel groupings. In a solid form, bismuth is very fragile because of how fast it forms as it cools. The reason the crystal structure is so fragile is because the rapid growth causes hollow stepped forms, called "hopper crystals". 

Metaphysically it is associated with the Aquarius zodiac sign (very special connection to aquarius) and the crown (7th) chakra and third eye chakra. Bismoth symbolizes transformation, progress, and the ability to adapt to change, and is recommended to individuals seeking balance in their lives. It can also help one embrace individuality and guide you toward saccepting change and pursuing your unique path in life.

Bismuth is said to be have a calming energy and encourages togetherness, bringing people closer and reducign isolation. When feeling stressed or overwhelmed, it can help you feel calm and peaceful. Bismuth can help us feel more balanced, reduce anxiety, and when used in meditation, can help one to find inner peace and gently connect with emotions. 

Bismuth is said to activate and open the crown chakra, helping to feel more connected to the divine and spiritual growth. It's energy can stimulate and balance the third eye chakra, strengthening our intuition and giving us a clearer understanding of ourselves and the world around us. Lastly, bismuth has a purifying effect on our aura as it can remove negative energy and revitalize the aura, bringing a sense of renewal, balance, and positive energy. ;-)

@TheGirlWhoFeltTooMuch Wow! This is so cool. I never knew bismuth looked like this! 

@TheGirlWhoFeltTooMuch this totally looks like Egyptian eyeshadow!

@TheGirlWhoFeltTooMuch I love the healing information 😁

mytwistedsoul August 20th

Opal

image_1724155015.png

I have to be honest - I never realized opal came in so many different colors! 

communicativePond1728 OP August 20th

@mytwistedsoul I'm not sure I knew either... neat!

mytwistedsoul August 20th

@communicativePond1728 It is pretty neat. This whole thread is pretty neat Pond! You made a great thread 😊 We're all learning new interesting things!

communicativePond1728 OP August 20th

@mytwistedsoul I had no idea all y'all would help make it into what it is. 🥺 

mytwistedsoul August 21st

@communicativePond1728 It's always really nice when it comes together like this ❤️

communicativePond1728 OP August 21st

@mytwistedsoul totally.

hanatheKermit737 August 20th

P - Puffin

such a cute bird with cute name, I never knew about this type of bird before. Love this thread! ð¥¹

hanatheKermit737 August 20th

I’m not able to attach the picture for some reason 😕 but do check out these cute birds!

@hanatheKermit737 They're so cute! And there's different kinds too! I never knew that

image_1724202629.png

I usually just copy and paste. But sometimes depending on where I get the picture I have to download it and then I can add it using the little button on the far left of the smiley face. Idk if that helps? 

hanatheKermit737 August 21st

Ooohh I’m glad you were able to find and add the pictures! I didn’t know they were different kinds too, andd thanks for explaining how to add them :)

Quince 

image_1724213234.png

It is a deciduous tree that bears hard, aromatic bright golden-yellow pome fruit, similar in appearance to a pear. Ripe quince fruits are hard, tart, and astringent. They are eaten raw or processed into marmalade, jam, paste (known as quince cheese) or alcoholic beverages.

I wonder if it has the texture a pear does? 

InternalAcceptance August 24th

Rainbow Eucalyptus

rainbow-eucalyptus_1724461570.jpg

mytwistedsoul August 24th

@InternalAcceptance Omg I've read about those trees! They are so amazing! 

InternalAcceptance August 24th

@mytwistedsoul  They're even more gorgeous in person.  💙