Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Welcome Committee: August 2024 Announcements!

Heather225 August 5th

image_1722885661.png

Hello, Team WC! The Welcome Committee has really taken off and I am confident it will become a core part of our community’s culture. We’re already cultivating such a warm inviting support network, and the WC aims to strengthen our foundation by offering hospitality right out the gate.

I am extremely impressed with our team. Small as it has been starting, we have collectively welcomed 3000+ since we began using our spreadsheet logging system on July 23rd. If we’ve done that in such a short amount of time, imagine how many people we will have reached by the end of this month!

As we roll into a fresh new month, I have a few things to share and some reminders!

➡️ First, please give a shout out to @kenzolena who has been trialing as the community leader of this program. Without them, I could not have made all the headway on developing the WC in this short time! Lena will be helping oversee the team, onboarding, checking in with you guys, and also hosting AMAs to promote this project, among other things. Thanks, Lena!

➡️ Starting this month, let’s begin sending follow-up messages to each member we welcome within 1-5 days of the last message. You may ask why follow-ups are important. They reinforce engagement by showing the member that we are there for them. Some folks may think in our initial message that it’s automated so sending a personalized checkup confirms we’re “real people.” And by sending a follow-up we’re giving them a chance to ask questions they may have after spending a little time on the platform.

➡️ We understand everyone here has their availability and we deeply respect your time so please send follow-ups as you’re able but let’s try to send them any later than 5 days. Data has proven that the most critical points for a member are in their first 5 days. We’ve added columns to clearly log your follow-ups to mark that you sent them, when they reply and any notes on how it went so please check them out and ask me questions. Note: Since the welcoming experience is two parts, sending the first welcome and sending the follow-up, the quota will be adjusted to combine both. Check your quota anytime on the "Monthly Leaderboard (PM Track)" tab.

➡️ Pretty much all the information needed to perform WC work is in the Guide and our FAQ. If you notice outdated info or have questions not answered in these documents, let Lena or myself know. ➡️ We now have a document of several PM templates (clickable) you can play with to see what works best! We are a team still in the experimentation phase, so your experience and insight with this stuff is incredibly valuable to us. Please report back on any good templates and if you decide you want to use other templates, let me know so I can get them added to our list!

➡️ If you're having tech issues, like something isn’t pasting properly or you’re having difficulty with a particular column/row/etc, please reach out! There is no “stupid question” and we want to ensure the process is as simple and painless as possible! No need to suffer in silence 😂

➡️ And look forward to the release of special badges asap!

Thanks for bearing with us as we grow this team, and do share feedback on how we can keep making this process better!

Here's to a fantabulous new month!

Heather225 OP August 5th

Tagging our group!

@heathermarie95
@Arie3
@KatePersephone
@rubyjane00
@Coffeebean26
@Jujubears
@Sealiously
@KindleMissie
@comfortableNight4463
@halcyonCloud2036
@innateJoy9602
@fruityPond7887
@SoulfulYash
@Kindwords2000
@Jenna
@healingsoul4892
@TiffanyD33
heathermarie95 August 6th

@Heather225

i love this team / project!

well done everyone.

let's double the welcomes this month!

TiffanyD33 August 6th

@Heather225

Love this project and so honored to join! 

KindleMissie August 6th

@Heather225

This is very helpful, thanks for posting this!😃🌟

So happy to be a part of this wonderful team and project. Thank you so much for having me!☺️🩷