Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Calling All Verified Listeners: Help Wanted on the 7 Cups Welcome Committee!

Heather225 July 8th

image_1720470957.png

The hardest part of the journey is sometimes the beginning, and this is especially true of our newbies. We as a community have the power and ability to ensure they get properly oriented and supported so that their journey is smooth.

I have been actively contacting newbies over the past couple of months and the results have been inspiring. Roughly 80% of those I sent a personal message responded to me and very appreciatively! That's a really big deal because those people have a much higher chance of being retained (retained = staying on 7 Cups). But I need help! So it's with great excitement, that I announce the revamped relaunch of the Welcome Committee!

Through this initiative, we can meet our newcomers at the start with a friendly welcome (think hospitality, a greeter, etc.). We will also provide guidance and resources they need to navigate their first steps.

There's a few requirements just to be sure Welcomers are familiar with the basics of our platform.

Requirements for PM Team:
You must be a Verified Listener (find out how to get verified here)
✔ 25+ chats
✔ No behavior reports (BPS) within 3 months
✔ Maintenance criteria: 2-3 hours a month to dedicate to this project
✔ Adaptability to changes! This is a new team so we're still figuring things out and like to try new things.
Note: The team uses a google spreadsheet to copy/paste names and log PMs so you'll need access to a computer/laptop device. We apologize for the inconvenience!

The monthly quota is 80 messages sent if you're an adult, and 40 sent if you're a teen. This includes both your first welcome PMs and your follow-up PMs. This may sound like a lot initially but it's easier than it sounds once you get into the swing of messaging.

You can make a huge difference in our community's growth by joining us.

I look forward to building this team with you!

>>> Apply here! <<<

Heather225 OP July 8th

There will also be special badges and cheers/growth points incentives 🥰

@Heather225 I am still working on getting enough 1-1 chats on here to qualify to take the mock chat to become a Verified Listener, but as soon as I become a VL then I will come back here to sign up!

Nevermind. I just noticed I won't qualify due to my level. 

Heather225 OP July 9th

@TheGirlWhoFeltTooMuch

I adjusted the level requirement to widen the pool. It's now at Supporter which should greatly decrease the time spent to get there. I am sure you'll reach that level naturally and be abe to apply here very soon 🥰 Something fun to aspire to. In the meantime, good luck on becoming VL - you've got this!

@Heather225 Could you please explain to me the difference between how it will be run now versus how it was before. When I was apart of the welcome committee before, I opted to welcome via the forums because 1-1s seemed spammy to me... especially since there was no way to know who welcomed who. I never wanted to step on toes. How will it be ran now? Do welcome committee team members track who they welcome or is there no need to keep track? Will there be a quota or will it be something team members can do whenever and however frequent they would like? If we fill out the form to apply joining the team, will we find out if we are approved via message? Just had these few questions before I applied. :) 

Heather225 OP July 9th

@YourCaringConfidant

yes, thank you for asking!

1. this time around we're going to be asking everyone to document who they have welcomed so that there's little to no overlap in PMs. i know that's tedious and we may be able to figure out a better way as the team evolves, but for now this will ensure people aren't getting spammed. (people will be able to see this on the dash and ctrl f to check for names before messaging).

2. we will have a quota so we can track activity and remove badges as needed. the quota will be small though. we're thinking around 8 PMs a month (8 replies if forum) and there will be incentives for doing more.

3. i will be reaching out to everyone who applies by PM to onboard you

lemme know if you've got further questions and thanks for your interest 🥰

@Heather225 Thanks, you covered all my questions for now. :) Appreciate you. Just applied now. 

Heather225 OP July 9th

@YourCaringConfidant

exciting!! thank you!

chris-pratt-andy-dwyer.gif

SparkyGizmo August 8th

@Heather225

haha ahaha ahahahahha ! 😁

HopieRemi July 9th

@Heather225

Awesome!!!

GlenM July 9th

I think this will be a very helpful initiative. We do a lot to help people feel welcome but sometimes people are too taxed or overwhelmed. This is a good way for us to reach out and help when people are struggling. A compassionate guide can make a lot of difference. if interested in helping out, please sign up and help us learn how we can do a better job here!

vivelespatates July 10th

@Heather225 when you say no behavior report, is that recently or in your entire journey on 7 cups? By example reports dating from October 2023 and before does it stop me from joining the team? 

Heather225 OP July 10th

@vivelespatates

there's some wiggle room here depending on the severity of the history and standing within the community. i'll adjust the requirement and see how the applications go. and yes, if a report was from back in October you could apply. thanks for asking this!

LittleEggHarbor July 10th

@vivelespatates Good question! 

@Heather225

This is wonderful!!! Recently, I've been trying to find time to welcome new members myself (in forums) because I noticed they weren't getting much interactions on their posts. More interactions with members is something I wish I had when I was a newbie, I felt so lost at first.

Reading supportive comments when I made a forum post (as a newbie) made a huge difference for me. I felt supported and less alone. I was struggling a lot when I first joined 7 Cups and there's still a lot of personal growth I'm working but I'm in a better head space. 

Heather225 OP July 10th

@LittleEggHarbor

I just read this at the same time your PM appeared! you came to my mind as a candidate based on all the warmth i've seen you distributing across the forums.  I'll reply to you soon!

@Heather225 Yayy!! : )

gloriousPuppy3656 July 11th

@Heather225 Interested.

Heather225 OP July 11th

@gloriousPuppy3656

you should apply! i look forward to seeing your submission!

TU100OT July 17th

@Heather225

Am I eligible?

Do I qualify? 😅

Heather225 OP July 17th

@TU100OT

looks to me like you do! you should apply 🥰

TU100OT July 19th

@Heather225

Thank you :) I will apply

MukShah381 July 22nd

@Heather225

This is a fantastic initiative! I’m excited about the revamped Welcome Committee and eager to contribute. I’d love to help with PMs/Forums/both and support our newcomers in any way I can. Looking forward to working with everyone on this!

- wonderfulParadise69

Heather225 OP July 22nd

@wonderfulParadise69

yay!!! thanks so much! i will look out for your application! 🥳

Positiveak September 5th

Hi @Heather225

Sorry if I’m late to comment on this post, but I’m very much interested in welcoming new 7cups users, be it listeners or members. I’ve had great experience here, and I want it to be special for others as well. Infact I have been asking for this in the chatrooms, in the past. Thank you for this opportunity!

I just have one question though, would we be required to sign into google for the google spreadsheet work, or it could be done directly without login?

Cheers!

Heather225 OP September 5th

@Positiveak

hey, i'm delighted to hear this! i know you'd make a hugely positive impact on this program as a seasoned listener and long-time contributor ❤️

to answer your question, you do not need to be signed into an account to use the spreadsheet.

my goal is to scale this team enough that it has widespread coverage to reach as many newbies around the clock as possible and my eventual hope is to identify folks who would be into doing groups stuff as well!

i very much look forward to your application, if you decide to join us!

Positiveak September 6th

Thank you very much for the clarification @Heather225 I really appreciate it!

Yes I’m filling the application, can’t wait to start!

cheers!