Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav
Community /

Newbie Hub

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
Welcome to 7 Cups! Introduce yourself here!!
by Heather225
Last post
1 hour ago
...See more Welcome to our community! We're excited to meet you! Please introduce yourself below. — Afterward, be sure to check out our welcome pack for everything you need to know starting out: * Members [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M53Nm5-pbtxx2_jKfXYgYzo3NgXxjNfMwfzVSRC1rZg/] * Listeners [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LTMvBFOgWICNHLlfNvzeQf2vkF3PPRn_jQUxJxjASOk/] We've got vibrant group chats too! The Sharing Circle is open 24/7 for adult users! Drop in HERE [https://www.7cups.com/chat/?c=lmJndHyWk5edlLBlWVrCnQ!!] so we can get to know you better!
Introducing the (new) New Member Guide!
by Heather225
Last post
2 days ago
...See more The Member Welcome Pack has served us well over the years, however, it's a bit long and can be difficult for members to ingest. Our Ambassador @Jenna created a fantastic guide that presents an overview of our platform and includes the most commonly requested information (here) [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M53Nm5-pbtxx2_jKfXYgYzo3NgXxjNfMwfzVSRC1rZg/edit?usp=sharing]. It's a quick, easy, straightforward and visually friendly read with links to all the appropriate areas. As a community, let's switch to using this as our primary onboarding resource. (Note: the Welcome Pack will remain an active document, and it's linked at the bottom of the new guide.) If you're just joining 7 Cups, I recommend bookmarking this helpful resource, and if everyone can start sharing it around, we can get this in rotation ASAP! Thank you all for collectively caring for our community!
7 Cups Appreciation Program!
by
Last post
Tuesday
...See more Hi, Amazing People! Do you know about the appreciation program [https://www.7cups.com/forum/gratitude/AppreciationProgram_2310/PeerAppreciationProgram_262230/] at Cups? 😀 Anyone at Cups may appreciate any member or listener anytime using our appreciation form (click me) [https://forms.gle/QEni2At39ZMApELr6] What happens after I send an appreciation using the appreciation form? Good question! There's a Smile Spreaders team that makes really beautiful posts in the program thread (linked above). Make someone feel special today! Send your sweet note now! [https://forms.gle/QEni2At39ZMApELr6]
Green light for listeners
by Filmlover12
Last post
1 hour ago
...See more  Last night  I contact a listener with green on but they never got back to me.  I thought listeners are support to reply. If they have a green. Light on ? why do listeners do not not repeat when have a green light on? Do I report this?
Ask me anything! “Forums, rooms, who to go to, what to do if”
by Listeningsarinn
Last post
September 11th
...See more Hey hey! welcome to cups! İ'm so glad you decided to join in as a member it takes a big amount of courage to seek help and open up and as a listener, i appreciate your time and passion being put into making someone else smile... when i first entered cups i was quiet lost with many things, including: how to navigate the app and website, how to find things in forums (it can be like a maze at first) who/ where to go to with problems (be it glitches, reporting, having a question or wanting info about a project) Rooms and how to get familiar with them (access to all rooms, guided discussions, sharing circles, mods, guidelines,...) so ask me anything 7cups related if i know the answer i'll reply in less than 24 hours otherwise i'll tag someone who knows the answer
Two messages you get
by Heartsandrosesandpaws
Last post
July 7th
...See more  I always get this two mixed that u get sometimes try to find a user item removed and use not found  what is the different 
Where is chat now button to join the gr
by Filmlover12
Last post
June 26th
...See more  I have been online since the latest update.  Where is chat now button to join the gr. I cannot find it any where? also what chat topic option does friendship issues fall into? hope
Relationship advice
by Andresjm1108
Last post
May 16th
...See more I need dating advice my partner just wants money and is very selfish and stuck up m
What’s a listener twin?
by CherrySoul00
Last post
April 10th
...See more What’s a listener twin? I joined last year in november as a listener and I always saw listener profiles having a listener twin, what is that? 
Seeking help with trouble signing up as group mod
by healingsoul4892
Last post
March 15th
...See more Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing well! I'm currently experiencing some difficulties with my listener journey on 7 Cups and I was hoping to get some guidance from the community. I've reached a point where my next step is to sign up to become a 'group mod,' but when I click on the link provided, it just says 'item removed.' I'm a bit confused about what to do next. If anyone has any advice or knows what I should do in this situation, I would really appreciate your help. Also, I apologize in advance if posting this here is against the rules. I want to make sure I'm following all of 7 Cups' guidelines. Thank you in advance for your assistance! Best regards, healingsoul4892
What is the language rule?
by CatHanderOutNoah
Last post
March 14th
...See more Greetings, fellow members of the 7 Cups Of Tea community! My name is Noah, and I proudly serve as a Community Leader (Room Support, and Forum Support), offering support and guidance in our shared space. Recently, I've noticed an increase in discussions surrounding 7 cups language policy and its implementation. As a Room Supporter, I aim to clarify and ensure that everyone is on the same page regarding this important aspect of 7 cups community guidelines. However, please keep in mind that while I strive for accuracy, it's always advisable to consult with an active community moderator or leader for any questions pertaining to our rules or other 7 Cups-related matters. One common question that arises is whether non-English languages are permitted on 7 Cups. The answer is yes, with certain caveats. If both you and the listener you're engaging with are comfortable communicating in a language other than English, you're welcome to switch to that language for your conversation. However, if the listener does not support the language you prefer, it's best to refrain from using it to avoid any miscommunication and further conflict. It's important to note that all group rooms, including TCR, MCR, SR, RAINBOW, etc., maintain an English-only policy. Now, let's address what exactly constitutes a non-English message that may need to be deleted. Simple typos or occasional slips into another language are generally not considered violations of 7 cups language policy. Additionally, certain common greetings such as "hola" or "bonjour" may be permissible, as they are often understood and accepted in various cultural contexts. Thank you for your attention to this matter, and remember, contact a active community moderator or leader on the topic if you have questions. Warm regards, Noah
Tulip award
by Filmlover12
Last post
February 4th
...See more  How do I nominated a listener fot a tulip award
About the leaving and coming back to chats
by Biscuit071523
Last post
December 22nd, 2023
...See more When I chat/listen to people, many of them ask if they can leave and come back to message me later, or if it will still be the same person answering every-time, SO I AM HERE TO ANSWER THAT! If you or your listener has to leave the conversation for whatever reason, you can ask them if you can message them later or they may ask you if they can message you later. If you leave the conversation, it will be the exact same person you were talking to as before. If your listener goes offline and you want to talk to them when they get back, you can send them a message and they will respond when they are back online. It will be the same person talking that you talked to before. Feel free to leave any other question down in the comments!       Have an amazing day/afternoon/night ! ~ <3 
Gr question
by Filmlover12
Last post
November 16th, 2023
...See more  I never had this happen  but how would I know if I met limit on gr requests?
Account keeps getting deactivated without any reason T_T
by meowcat1216
Last post
November 8th, 2023
...See more My accounts keep getting deactivated , please help .

Newbie Hub

Welcome to the Newbie Hub! This is a space for newbies to learn, ask and get involved in the community. A safe and inclusive space to help settle you in on your new 7 Cups journey. You can check out our introduction video here!

What are the different forum topics for the Newbie Hub?

7 Cups of Tea Mission & Core Values: Find information about our mission here!

7Cups Wellness Initiatives: A place for all of our wellness initiatives.

Community Guidelines and Protocol: Want to review our guidelines and protocols? View them here!

Icebreakers: Settle in by breaking some ice.

Our Vision for a Better World: Review our vision here.

Questions & Information about using 7 Cups: Got a question? We have an answer!

Resources at 7 Cups to Help You: Need some resources to help you on your 7 Cups journey? View them here.

Support Room 24/7 Project: All information relating to the support chat room.

Welcome & Introductions to 7 Cups!: Introduce yourself as a new 7 Cups user here!

How can I help?

You can help us by simply responding to threads and sharing your story (if you're comfortable). Check-in with us, join a discussion, or start one! Alternatively, you can join us as a Forum Leader. Check out this thread for more information.

Helpful Threads

Members Introduction Thread: Members, introduce yourselves to 7 Cups here!

Listeners Introduction Thread: Listeners, introduce yourselves to 7 Cups here!

Member Welcome Pack: Members, find relevant resources and how-to guides here!

Listener Welcome Pack: Listeners, find relevant resources and how-to guides here!

Newbie Hub FAQ

Q: Are there any sub-community-specific guidelines that we need to adhere to?

A: You can find Sub-community-specific guidelines below, which you should follow in addition to the general forum guidelines.

Q: Are there any Newbie Hub chat rooms?

A: Yes! You can find a list of the chat rooms here.

Help! I still have a question! 

If you need help, feel free to contact a community leader or post here, and someone will contact you.

Community Guidelines

Make yourself at home.

Do not hesitate to ask questions or reach out for help and support.

Always remember, you're not alone.