Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Welcome!

embraeycingme1 July 26th, 2023

I just started volunteering on 7 Cups I believe on July 15th, so I'm fairly new still. But I want to welcome new Listeners and something I've learned so far is that it's okay to ask questions.

There's alot of Listeners, Chat Supporters, Mentors, Coaches and many people in various roles on here ( I'm sorry for the role's I've left out ) who are willing to help you. I'm also, willing to answer some questions you might have and if I don't have an answer for you, I'll ask someone else and let you know what they tell me.

YourCaringConfidant July 26th, 2023

@embraeycingme1 Awwww, welcome to 7cups. I have to say I love your desire and passion to help others. That's such a beautiful quality! Look at you offering your support and kindness to other new listeners. I'm so proud of you and know you'll be successful on your journey here! Hope to see you around. ♡

embraeycingme1 OP July 26th, 2023

Thank you! Honestly if it wasn’t for Noni, I may not have posted a welcome post for new Listeners, but I meant what I said in my post.

I know that new roles and can make people nervous and feel many different emotions and it can be intimidating to know where to start

Thank you for your kind words :)

YourCaringConfidant July 26th, 2023

@embraeycingme1 Awww, well thanks for Noni for getting you to do this. I'm glad I came across you. You're truly doing a lovely job "embraeycing" your new role. Hope you have a beautiful day. :)

@YourCaringConfidant im sorry, i just wanted to be honest, but i meant what i said and i love how you used my name as how i actually use it. Its actually a play on word of my name :) thank you for your awesome comment!

TiaRIFFIC July 26th, 2023

Noni is really the MVP sometimes. It's also really helpful to check out the listeners support chat where veterans lend their support.

beck1 July 26th, 2023

@embraeycingme1

Hi there! I'm really glad to see that you are part of the Listener team! You're definitely right... Its definitely okay to ask questions! We love questions here.

How are you liking being here so far?

@beck1 hey! Thank you :)

I’ll be honest with you, I’m learning a lot. Even though I only talk to maybe one or two Members a day, I’m still learning. One thing a few people have mentioned is that I have to set up boundaries with time limits and sticking to them and also to not suggest so many things, but to listen and support Members

I’m very quick to jump in and help people instead of sitting back and letting them vent . But it’s always nice knowing when someone still feels supported by me even while I’m learning and make mistakes

beck1 July 27th, 2023

@embraeycingme1

I'm glad to hear that you've learned a lot!

Talking to one or two members a day is still a lot! Thank you for dedicating so much time to talk to people who need support! Remember, no matter how much you do on Cups, you are appreciated!

Time boundaries are definitely important! If you're having a hard time with that, you're welcome to message me. I'm a Quality Mentor and can help you with your Listener Journey.

It sounds like you are doing a great job. Thank you for being here

embraeycingme1 OP July 27th, 2023

Thank you so much :)

it’s nice to know that I’m making somewhat of an okay impact.

And also, thank you for the offer. I think I’m okay right now, but I might take you up on your offer to message you, eventually :)

July 27th, 2023

@embraeycingme

yay, welcome! Definitely asks all the questions you need. Thank you for volunteering your time as well 🥰