Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Newbie here 🤍

Opalsandmore June 28th

Hello everyone, my name's Opal, and I'm quite new here, I just joined and finished my initial training a couple of days ago and have since been trying to help and support as many as possible through here ❤️‍🩹

I've personally struggled for years with severe anxiety and depression, and just the past 2-3 years was the worst I've ever had it, when I got diagnosed and medicated, then directed to therapy of all sorts to help me.. Through this time, my family didn't understand or believe in mental health and the power of what anxiety or depression could do to your mind and body, and just how much it affects you in every way. So after I started my healing journey and finally started to get back to myself somehow after a couple of years, I learnt so so much from my therapists and research about mental health and the necessity to care for it immensely, just as we would protect our bodies from physical pain 🤍

Ever since I gained that new perspective and knowledge on such a deep, misunderstood topic, I've been wanting to do absoloutely everything I can to be that loving support and understanding friend for as many as possible, that I never got to have through my worst times.

I'm so happy to be here with you all and start my 7cups journey, and I'm so excited to be on my pathway to learning so much more as I go along 🥹🫶🏼

I can't wait to meet you all through here and gain some new friends along this journey 🥰

Tinywhisper11 June 28th

@Opalsandmore hi I'm lola ❤welcome to our cups family ❤ I'm so glad to hear you've gotten your mental health to a manageable level now. That's always great to hear, gives the rest of us hope ❤ and thank you for donating your time to help others here. Gives you a giant tiny hug ❤❤ I'm sure you'll make lots of  friends here ❤

Opalsandmore OP June 28th

@Tinywhisper11 Hi Lola, I'm so happy to meet you here, and thankyou so very much for your sweet words, they mean the world 🥰❤️ hugs back again, i can't wait to connect with so many here❤️

Snor1ax June 28th

@Opalsandmore Hey Opal, nice to meet you! We're always glad to see a new face on the listening team! Here are just a few links that you might find helpful:

• Mentors can be really helpful when you're new here! They can help you find your footing and answer any listener questions that you may have.
  • Coaches can help with more specific Listener issues on a more short term basis. They can help with things like active listening skills etc.
  • Listener Learning Threads can be super helpful in learning more about specific things to do with our listener journey.

If you have any other questions, please be sure to let us know.

@Snor1ax Thankyou so much! It's so nice to meet you tooo❤️ and those resources are so helpful, thanks heaps for them, they will come in so handy!!🫶🏼🥹

RainbowRosie June 28th

@Opalsandmore

Hi Opal 😀 and welcome to 7 Cups ❤️

You’ve been through a lot yourself and so you already know how important support is. I have no doubt you’ll be a great ally to our members. 

See you around and happy listening ❤️🌹

@RainbowRosie Hi Rosie, thankyou for the warm welcome and kind words, it all means so much, and I can't wait to see you around here more as the time goes on!!❤️❤️