Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hi, new and afraid

kimidare July 1st

I created my account some months ago or years maybe ? don't remember if I posted here at that time or if I immediately ran away with anxiety though 😅

I would like to talk with someone but I m afraid to burden others with my issues + the social anxiety.

I m 30, and this last year has been emotionnally draining.

When colleagues ask me how I am, I answer "well and you" when internally I feel the opposite. I m so tired of pretending but don t want to drama dump on anyone. I feel very alone, afraid to share and feeling it will drive people away if I open up.

I talk french, english (approximatively) and I try to learn japanese (beginner).

I like boardgames, video games, animals, japanese anime, drawing when I have the motivation (rare). I would like to learn painting too.

I was wondering if people here are listeners or... talkers excusively ? Or if they can be both at the same time ?

I wish you a nice day 🪷

LittleEggHarbor July 2nd

@kimidare Hi Kimidare, welcome to 7 Cups!

It’s completely understandable to feel the way you do, especially when balancing social anxiety with the fear of burdening others. The past year has been incredibly tough for you, and it’s important to acknowledge that your feelings are valid. Pretending to be okay when you’re not can be exhausting, and you deserve a space where you can be honest about how you feel.

Engaging in activities you enjoy, like board games, video games, and drawing, can be a wonderful way to find moments of peace and joy. These hobbies can also serve as a bridge to connect with others who share similar interests, which might make opening up a bit easier over time.

Learning new things, like Japanese and painting, shows your willingness to grow and explore. Embrace this curiosity—it’s a sign of your resilience and strength. Remember, it’s okay to take small steps and celebrate each little victory along the way.

You don’t have to carry your burdens alone. There are spaces, like this one, where people are ready to listen without judgment. Whether they are listeners or talkers, they can provide a supportive environment for you to share your thoughts and feelings.

Hope can sometimes be found in the smallest of things—a kind word, a new hobby, or a quiet moment of reflection. Believe in your ability to navigate through this difficult time, and trust that you will find the support you need.

With empathy and hope,

LittleEggHarbor
kimidare OP July 2nd

@LittleEggHarbor Thanks for your message, it made me smile.

I'm currently trying to connect with some new people, 2 interested in boardgames, and I will try to connect with a colleague who paint.

For my feelings being valid, it's strange, I often doubt myself, not knowing if I'm complaining for nothing or even if I make myself feel bad on purpose ?

I would like to reach out this week, because I know that isolating myself will just make me spiral even deeper.

How are you feeling ?

PurpleHearts13 July 3rd

@kimidare hi my name is sarah you wall be ok I wish you the very best in life and everyday with hope and love laughter a big hug for you 🤗💜 I love purple 🟪🔮

jesusredeemedme2425 August 6th

I’m always worried about trauma dumping myself, like, will people get freaked out and run away? I totally understand. We all share our stuff here, so don’t worry about trauma dumping on us. We’ve all been there, and we understand your struggles <3

Imlistening5830 August 8th

Welcome friend to 7 Cups. You are okay. Feel free to message me. I respond as quick as I'm able. You can absolutely trauma drop on me. I have broad shoulders. I will not run away. I will stay with you. I will be there long term if you need that support. No need to figure put how to phrase things. "Say it wrong and we'll fix it". 💛 

Please be encouraged that social anxiety is very common and you can work through it. We are here to help you reflect and understand your journey to recovery and wholeness. 

I wish you the warmth of a cold Winter's sun and the slow rain of lazy days in comforts keep. Peace and joy in inexplicable nuance. A gentle resonance of relief. Tiny comforts pushing forward in gratitude 🥹. 

You are loved and understood.Â