Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Rules of Engagement

Laura March 5th, 2014

Click here to view the Community Guidelines!

(Updated December 3, 2015 by Jake; Updated August 28, 2022 by theriverissinging)

cristiana33 February 14th, 2016

@Gen2

Do you mean people of 7 Cups or else? Feel free to create a thread in the Feedback section or write a post about how you feel in here.

Gen2 February 28th, 2016

@cristiana33 I would, but if I would I would probably get them taken down or warnings. I just prefer not doing it because even on helpsites like 7cups I have gotten blocked wronguflly twice by abusive listeners.

cristiana33 February 28th, 2016

@Gen2

In case you are wondering, what is posted on the forums can't be taken down by anyone, only by forum mentors or admins! I'm sorry you were blocked by several Listeners and it's pretty bad hearing there is abuse happening in the 1-1 chat.

I encourage you to say what you have to say; keeping quiet won't help us improve the quality of the private sessions and those who were abusive won't get warned/punished for their doings.

To ensure your anonymity try community@7cups.com. It will get to the community managers and not to any Listener.

Tagging here our community managers @Laura @Heather

Gen2 April 13th, 2016

@cristiana33 What this site needs is people who want to help, not sit there like scarecrows with "It's ok I'm here" it really isn't a person who can't show how they feel, but in the same manner I've met people who refuse to help me because "it's not my thing" or "Yeah it happened to me too" or even "I don't want to listen to you"

cristiana33 April 13th, 2016

@Gen2

That's not alright. I have a Member account and happened to talk with such people too. I've always reported them. It's not alright for this to go unnoticed. But trust me, all reports get to the admin team or the Ambassadors team and things are being managed. In time. There are many people around here who are afraid to take on chats on things they don't know much about and sometimes not even all the trainings we do are a sign we will be prepared - I suggest you to be sure the Listener you choose or are randomly connected to - to have completed some trainings at least. That will show you some sort of involvement from their part to get better at Active Listening. This is a serious role and it isn't like giving advice to a friend. I totally get your frustration and wish I could make things better. It's hard to control a community of over 100 000 Listeners who are probably having more than 5 chats per day. It's probably impossible so never underestimate your role to report those who respond to you like that! I support you. Keep safe!

Gen2 April 13th, 2016

@cristiana33 It's good to know that there is at least one sensible soul out there. I'm not sure if training is what is needed always. Experience can often reach farther than books can ever tell you. Sometimes you're stuck and need someone's ideas on how to proceed rather than a "You can do it!" like a faceless cheerleader. Or maybe even discuss things that run much, much deeper than merely talking.

cristiana33 April 14th, 2016

@Gen2

I agree. Hopefully things will get better as we're trying exactly that on our weekly discussions for Listeners. <3

EnigmaticRebel February 23rd, 2016

Thannks for this post!!!

Ivorymap2367 February 23rd, 2016

Thanks this was good.

AHelpingHand495 March 14th, 2016

Thanks Laura, very informative read! Very happy to have this chance to engage with others across the world

jmt0520 May 22nd, 2016

I am happy to respect the rules of 7cups. This website is such a helpful, inspiring page and I hope it continues to help others. I take the oath

//Jmt0520//

Date: 5.21.16

fearlessSeal July 16th, 2016

I accept the rules and take the oath!

Roxie8907 July 20th, 2016

I accept the rules and I take the oath.

TaylorJanway07 August 7th, 2016

@Lauraok

HopieRemi September 1st, 2016

Cool thanks

oliveCranberry6967 September 6th, 2016

I accept the rules and take the oath.

greenFan3186 November 28th, 2016

@oliveCranberry6967 hi how are you

AshaiBellL April 23rd, 2021

I @AshaiBellL accept the rules and take the oath.

plushPicture89 September 8th, 2016

I accept the rules and i take the oath!

OctoberIvy September 12th, 2016

Could I run a link by you, just to make sure it's okay for my feed? I doubt it will triger anyone, but I wanted to be sure. This song meant a lot to me, and I think it would be helpful to LGBTQ+ members as it was to me, but if it's a problem, let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYoapICIfeE

caringDaisy12 September 13th, 2016

I accept the rules and I take the oath :)

BlurryFac3 September 19th, 2016

I accept the rules and I take the oath

brightArrow80 September 19th, 2016

selfconfidentTiger5585 September 19th, 2016

i exept the rule and exspectations

warmSoul46 September 20th, 2016

@Laura Thank you for all your work Laura. This is a very important Thread and constitutes many wonderful things to keep 7Cups safer.

Helping2findaway September 26th, 2016

I accept the rules and i take the oath !

calmPerspective53 October 6th, 2016

bethlwh October 24th, 2016

I accept the rules and i take the oath !

Lilangl764 October 30th, 2016

Intp09 November 3rd, 2016

I accept the rules

Blurryfacewontleave November 24th, 2016

I accept the rules.

Lucilleball November 29th, 2016

Greetings, I took the oak and agree with all the community guidelines

talkinghelps20 December 7th, 2016

pioneeringThinker4556 December 11th, 2016

I accept the rules and take the oath

kokoie January 19th, 2017

@pioneeringThinker4556

CelestialStardust February 12th, 2017

Cranberry6511 February 13th, 2017

I agree to abide by the Rules of Engagement and also to use 7 Cups to work on my own issues so that I may improve as a person.

apurvashyam14182 February 19th, 2017

I accept the rules and take the oath

LuckyCloverX March 14th, 2017

@Laura These rules help keep everyone safe and feel secure in this therapeutic environment. Thank you for your work in making 7cups a better place for everyone :D

Catslife123 April 5th, 2017

I accept the rules and take oath.