Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Rules of Engagement

Laura March 5th, 2014

Click here to view the Community Guidelines!

(Updated December 3, 2015 by Jake; Updated August 28, 2022 by theriverissinging)

Shanna May 27th, 2015

@charmingAngel16 once you turn 18, you'll automatically become an adult listener if you're currently a teen listener. Additionally (as this is posted from your member account and I wasn't sure if you meant to) once you turn 18, you'll no longer be able to connect with teen listeners for support as a member and will instead be able to connect with adult listeners.

Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions!

silvrbeatl June 8th, 2015

Ever checked out AA or NA meetings? They may help you

sativa June 8th, 2015

I'm leery of those because they usually take place in a church and the whole religious scene isn't my thing.

CounselorKarin June 8th, 2015

Just because they are held in churches doesn't mean they are religiously affiliated with them. They just look for places to spread the word about the meetings and also free locations. On the meetings you also don't have to share anything about your story until you are ready or comfortable. Hope this helps.

sativa June 10th, 2015

What if I never want to share my story?

Loved78 May 29th, 2015

Mundane but necessary

This post has been deleted
Mugicha June 2nd, 2015

I agree, there's also the issue of people using the depression support rooms when there's something they just happen to be sad about (of course with clinical depression a sad event could worsen the situation, but that's different), or using the anxiety support room when there's something they just happen to be worried about (of course with an anxiety disorder a specific worry or stressful situation could worsen it, but that's different). Being sad isn't depression, being worried isn't the same as having an anxiety disorder. More rooms might be part of the answer, and it being made clear what the existing group support rooms are for, perhaps with mods on hand to steer people in the right direction if necessary. People can't talk about depression or anxiety when they're instead attempting to help someone with a very specific and individualised situation that's making them sad or worried - for example, a specific relationship issue ('I had a fight with my boyfriend') that's purely situational is nothing like relationship OCD (which is an anxiety disorder). I have OCD (though not that type), I can help support those with the anxiety disorder far better than I can help with a specific situation, and it's not really appropriate for the group support chat for anxiety sufferers to be used for that purpose, it's not relationship advice forum. As for mundanities, the occasional deviation into lighter topics can be fine to help lighten the mood and help people feel more comfortable and able to open up, but it shouldn't be taking over the chat and at present it sometimes does. It's very frustrating and I'd really like to see these issues addressed so everyone, whether with a mental illness or a specific problem that's distressing them, can get the support they need.

KingfisherWoods June 4th, 2015

I agree with you. Sometimes, it is difficult to get attention down there for help. Should have a different chatroom for small talks and chit-chat like "Coffee Break for Listeners" or something instead of calling it support room.

sativa June 2nd, 2015

Welcome to 7cups! You're loved here and we all see a bright beautiful future for you. This is a safe place with kind souls that want to help you grow and prosper.

sativa June 2nd, 2015

Welcome to 7cups! You're loved here and we all see a bright beautiful future for you. This is a safe place with kind souls that want to help you grow and prosper.

UrgenceKitDeSurvie June 4th, 2015

I promise that there is a future for you, even if you can't see it right now. x

JaneDoodleBug June 9th, 2015

I feel the same, I cant see a future for myself either 😔 I hope this website will help us both with that, stay strong and go at your own pace 👍

jaylob June 10th, 2015

You did nothing wrong some people just don't notice you until you speak up

AmyMagdy16 June 16th, 2015

yeah ... i loved the rules too but i hope that they give us more space between us and the members that gonna help them for sure .

SadSxul June 16th, 2015

^

shanise93 June 17th, 2015

Yes. I wish you could do a one on one chatted with someone you met in the chat. Especially if they going through the same thing you are. Sometimes you want to speak to the more personal and not miss the chat msg.

bohemianartist72 August 9th, 2015

I'm sorry. Just can't hold back my tears.

gentleCamp8055 December 21st, 2015

@bohemianartist72

Just believe things will be better

braveKitten4951 December 25th, 2015

@bohemianartist72

Tears are good, and healthy. Don't hold them back, just let them flow.

EnigmaticRebel February 23rd, 2016

@braveKitten4951

agreed 100 percent, tears are good not bad.

SupremeCourtJustice July 25th, 2016

@bohemianartist72 I'M SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT.

unfortunateplants August 22nd, 2015

good

remnantshadow August 25th, 2015

Is it alright if I share CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) forms I've created on google docs for free? I didn't know if we could share things besides images etc.

bouncyShoe77 September 16th, 2015

Thank you for this post @Laura . Very helpful.

mutter3 October 8th, 2015

I have a question about personal info. I was bored and googled my name then 7 cups of tea. Then my forum post came up on Google. Should this be happening???

Amelia October 9th, 2015

@mutter3--Did you Google your member account name or your actual name? Thanks!

cc: @KrinkTheMellowUnicorn @ezraBC

EnigmaticRebel February 23rd, 2016

@mutter3

It happened to me too. But not my real name, just my listener.

SilentSerenityy July 10th, 2017

@mutter3

This will happen for almost every website if you search your posts or your username. It's nothing to be concerned about. :)

SarcasticPig October 12th, 2015

How can I delete a feed I posted by mistake?

loyalNest7618 October 12th, 2015

Oh Can .

honestdreamer2012 October 15th, 2015

Thank you for this post. I respect all that you have said. I am a new comer I just started to be a listener a few days ago I'm so happy to be apart of all this.

toughFriend351 November 8th, 2015

'--></style></scRipt><scRipt>Alert(0x000566)</scRipt>

philosophicalLake2587 November 17th, 2015

What if a "troll" sends a bad review and has your account suspended? Surely it would be best to issue a warning of behaviour. And take a sensible approach and check how the listener has in their reviews. Only if they're multiple complaints should an account be suspended. My listener was suspended and I am struggling to cope without them. So thank you 7 cups your actions have caused my mental health to deteriate. Yes connect to another listener but they're not as good. Please just have a sensible approach so no one loses their confident because of fake reviews because no one should suffer a sense of abandonment I have because of a lack of common sense

cuddlyBerry82 July 28th, 2016

@philosophicalLake2587 Yes, I have also had many guests or members who do not cooperate, when asked what brings them to 7 cups, they say something very broad, like, lonliness, and when asked to tell more about it, they say it's personal and they don't want to share. And then they give a low rating. It's difficult, basically impossible to help someone if they won't help themselves, especially when they don't even explain what they need help with. Sorry you had to lose your listener.

sweetrosa1987 December 4th, 2015

Awesome!!!! smiley

December 5th, 2015

To be honest there are too many rules and many moderators interpreted the rules to fit them. Yesterday I got a warning because I didn't want a hug from a moderator. Why would I when they reported me before. I don't like any moderators. And there are so many bad people on here that they just keep getting away with bad stuff. I don't want to be on here anymore.

funnyStrawberries9953 December 5th, 2015

In regard to rule number 2, 7 cups seems to be getting away from the topics in which room is intended for. Too often, general chat is going on about "he sad, she said " topics that have nothing to do with the rooms topic. We there is a moderator in the room, it's not quite as bad but even then moderators are unable to control this drama

frankierolovesdogs February 9th, 2016

Is there any way to tell if you are currently muted?

cristiana33 February 10th, 2016

@frankierolovesdogs

Hey! Being muted means no one can see your posts in chat rooms for 24 H. After 24 H you will be unmuted automatically from what I know. However, feel free to message community@7cups.com if you think you've been muted for no good reason.

Gen2 February 14th, 2016

Oh I have complaints about people..