Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Rules of Engagement

Laura March 5th, 2014

Click here to view the Community Guidelines!

(Updated December 3, 2015 by Jake; Updated August 28, 2022 by theriverissinging)

Emily619 April 22nd, 2018

@discreetField1122

Hello, how're you?

patientPal February 9th, 2018

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am really confused. I was blocked by a listener and I can't figure out why. They asked me what my issue was and I said that I was having an issue related to weight control and just needed to talk it through and thought they could help. I was kind and polite. But suddenly I was blocked with no explanation.

I had specifically sought out a verified listener with great reviews, because I had two other listeners on the general line who went straight to "I think you should go see a doctor" or just one word answers. This is so discouraging. Am I missing something?

Ninolo February 9th, 2018

@patientPal

I'm sorry you had such an experience friend.

Know that as listeners we strive to be fair, and our quality projects are here to better the services we offer.

However, we cannot control everyone, and monitor everything.

If you feel you have been wronged, I encourage you to follow this link: https://www.7cups.com/supportDesk.php .

If you wish to talk about your problem, I'll be happy to schedule a time to chat with you.

Don't give up friend !

Melissame February 9th, 2018

@patientPal hey, sorry that happened. Maybe the listener was triggered by the subject but they should've referred you to a new listener, not just leave.

Some of us are actually here to help. Keep looking :)

purpleVillage4355 February 24th, 2018

Whay are the community guidelines and protocols?

Emily619 April 22nd, 2018

@purpleVillage4355

The original post outlines the community guidelines and protocols smiley

richyShiny39 May 19th, 2018

Hello I hope I am at the right place.

InternalAcceptance May 20th, 2018

I'm pretty sure that I had posted this when I initially had started on 7Cups at some point, but due to taking a long hiatus, I felt the need to do this again. I have read the rules and take an oath to continue to abide by them.

AmberWadeLICSW May 25th, 2018

https://goo.gl/images/JnS8CK

How do I post this as a pic? It shows up as a red x.

Amber

willingTortoise2494 June 18th, 2018

@Laura

I'm thankful for the beautiful weather

gremlinbass September 10th, 2018

I agree

arianapham September 26th, 2018

Nice to read the information here. The content of this post is very useful and informative.

King Of Fighters: 2 Player Fighting Game

W4nderingsoul January 12th, 2019

I agree

46eggs March 6th, 2019

i agree

NotJemmy67 April 1st, 2019

Agreed

PeachyHuman April 11th, 2019

I think you just need to find the right listener, but I would 100% recommend an in person therapist.

Ferroki May 27th, 2019

@Laura I accept the rules and take the oath.

TheResilientDancer June 10th, 2019

I solemnly agree all rules and regulations of engagement of 7 Cups. I will adhere to give positive posts and authentic responses to those whom I listen to, to whom I engage with, and to not only all my new community members in 7 Cups, but for everyone I come in contact with daily. I promise to maintain respect for every individual I come in contact with as a member of 7 Cups. I promise to give insight, understanding, patience and thoughtfulness. I promise, where I can be a benefit to, I will be there. As in these promises, I take the oath to be a member adhereing to all rules, regulations and moral support that is required. I will help make humnity a better place to all the best of my ability.

Signed by Kayla2006 on 10th June 2019

Inconditus June 23rd, 2019

@Kayla2006

i agree.

Cnm123 July 1st, 2019

@Laura if I am suicidal and I am looking for some type of online support group to help me and keep me from doing anything bad where do I go?

warmheartedFarm7120 October 9th, 2019

I solemnly agree all rules and regulations of engagement of 7 Cups. I will adhere to give positive posts and authentic responses to those whom I listen to, to whom I engage with, and to not only all my new community members in 7 Cups, but for everyone I come in contact with daily. I promise to maintain respect for every individual I come in contact with as a member of 7 Cups. I promise to give insight, understanding, patience and thoughtfulness. I promise, where I can be a benefit to, I will be there. As in these promises, I take the oath to be a member adhereing to all rules, regulations and moral support that is required. I will help make humnity a better place to all the best of my ability.

Signed by warmheartedFarm7120 on 9 October 2019

willowfaewild October 9th, 2019

I agree

AddictedTealover98 October 9th, 2019

Signed by AddictedTealover98 on 10th October 2019

HippieLovely1 October 14th, 2019

@AddictedTealover98 I agree and accept

Sebzs October 25th, 2019

@AddictedTealover98

Cass2702 October 11th, 2019

I accept the rules and accept the oath !

Tatertot417 October 14th, 2019

I agree

amiableShade October 14th, 2019

I accept the rules and take the oath.

kindMango7808 October 15th, 2019

Agree

Angel411 October 25th, 2019

I accept

DisneyLove22 October 25th, 2019

Rules accepted and Ill take the oath

Sedtzl October 26th, 2019

I accepted the rules and took the oath

colorfulpeacefulTouch November 8th, 2019

agree

supportiveTime74 November 23rd, 2019

@Supportivetime74

I need to bring up an issue that happened tonight with a Trained Listener. No Names Mentioned. But He was doing a Mock Chat with Me. Not Knowing My Background at all as a Active Listener. The Topic he chose was very inappropiate and got sexual. No details needed; But I got triggered and said I will get someone more Experieced to Help you. But no one was available. So, I came back to the Chat and ended up Blocking not realizing he was a trying to help me and I felt guilty. So, I went into the Listner room and got support and they all said I did the right thing by Blocking him. I just unblocked him. But I have his Screen Name. Because I felt so Guilty. No Trained Listener when doing a mock chat whether a femaie or male should use a scenerio that is sexual in nature because you never know of someone's background. I feel this Trained Listener Should be Talked to.

THAT1GURL January 9th, 2020

@supportiveTime74 i am new to 7cups couple days now i tried a one on one yesterday . That i was like just randomly connected to in the. Chat now feature i think it is and The Listener asks what I like to do for fun and I said how I am just enjoying my new apartment and I asked what he like to do for fun and" he said sleep with girls and get paid for it" and. So i just disconnected so i think illl just stick to forums its nice and safe in forums

kji January 10th, 2020

@supportiveTime74

agree

@Laura

I agree

I was in a Chat with a with a Trained Verified Listener. As I am an Active Listener trying to work on my Skills. The site is very Helpful. This Male did not Know Anything about my Background. The Scenario he Chose was very Inappropriate and Sexual. So in the Chat. He said Listener Tip: you may block a member if they are inappropriate or sexual or harmful or harassing you in any way. So my reply was. I am new at this. Let me get someone who is more experienced in this type of conversation help you. Because I was feeling so Triggered. So I went into the Listener Room and no one was available. So, I went back to my chat and Blocking the Person who was helping me. Not realizing he was a Verified Listener. So,I went into the Listener room and got support and some of the people in there said I did the right thing by blocking him. No Verified Listener whether Female or Male should be using a Inappropriate sexual chat. As an example for a Chat. Without knowing the history of anyone's Background. I hope that this person just gets talked to. I have his screen name written down. But I do not know the Procedure. I will wait until I hear from someone.

Fondly, Supportivetime74

Tammy Mormino.

communicativeBalloon8100 November 23rd, 2019

I accept the rules and take the oath.

supportiveTime74 November 24th, 2019

@Supportivetime74

I agree

11/23/19

Signed

Tammy Mormino