Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

Jacquelinep6161 February 9th, 2021

I, _Jacqueline__________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community. �

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations. �

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community. �

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together. �

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

MHRNSWCULA February 9th, 2021

I, MHRNSWCULA , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community. �

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together. �

Signed: MHRNSWCULA

Date: 2/9/21

adoredFriend9831 February 10th, 2021

I, adoredFriend9831, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

Signed: adoredFriend9831
Date: 02/09/2021

CyrilP31 February 10th, 2021

I, CyrilP31 pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: CyrilP31
Date: 2/9/2021

lstener200001 February 10th, 2021

I, Mariafs, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

risinganew February 10th, 2021

I, Risinganew, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: risinganew

JusttJeorgiaa February 10th, 2021

I, ___JusttJeorgiaa________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: JusttJeorgiaa
Date: 2/10/21

adoredFriend9831 February 10th, 2021

I, adoredFriend9831, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure it’s compliance during my stay at 7cups. I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open- mindedness, and being non-judgmental. I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community. I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support. I will be thoughtful, and compassionate in my conversations. I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together. I will take ownership of my own behavior and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice. I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone. Signed: adoredFriend9831 Date: 02/10/2021

miraculousPineapple4518 February 10th, 2021

I, miraculousPineapple4518, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: miraculousPineapple4518
Date: 02/09/2021

miraculousPineapple4518 February 10th, 2021

@miraculousPineapple4518

Oops, i mean Date: 2/10/2021

Alexmercer222 February 10th, 2021

I, ______liveDeDnataS____________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: liveDeDnataS
Date: 10/02/2021

MHRNSWCULA February 10th, 2021

I, MHRNSWCULA pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: /MHRNSWCULA/

2/10/21

5CatsAndMe February 10th, 2021

I, Natalia, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure it’s compliance during my stay at 7cups. I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open- mindedness, and being non-judgmental. I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community. I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support. I will be thoughtful, and compassionate in my conversations. I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together. I will take ownership of my own behavior and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice. I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone. Signed: Natalia Date: 02/10/2021

OrangeFeels28 February 10th, 2021

I, ___orangefeels28____________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

yellowfeathers February 11th, 2021

I, yellowfeathers, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: yellowfeathers
Date: 2/11/2021

placidAvocado2692 February 14th, 2021

@yellowfeathers. Well said!! I love thatheart

barncat February 12th, 2021

@Laura- barncat taken the oath

heyyyyitsbei February 13th, 2021

@heyyyyitsbei

bexinthewoods February 14th, 2021

I, @bexinthewoods, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Perfectlylaya February 16th, 2021

I, @Perfectlylaya, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: perfectlylaya

Date: 2/15/2021

lovelyFireworks6738 February 16th, 2021

I, @lovelyFireworks6738 , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: @lovelyFireworks6738
Date: 2/16/2021

I take the Listeners Oath and promise to uphold to all my abilities

I, lovelyFireworks6738, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: lovelyFireworks6738

I, @lovelyFireworks6738, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

February 16th, 2021

I can't copy and paste on mobile but I promise to follow this oath! Signed plantnymph 2/16/21!

I, @lovelyFireworks6738 , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Date: 12/11/2020

delightfulMelody2632 February 16th, 2021

I,Delightfulmelody2632, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Delightfulmelody2632

Date: 02/16/2021

BipolarInWonderland February 17th, 2021

I, BipolarInWonderland, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //BipolarInWonderland//
Date: 2/16/21

BipolarNWonderland February 17th, 2021

I, BipolarNWonderland, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //BipolarNWonderland//
Date: 2/16/21

Perfectlylaya February 17th, 2021

I, perfectlylaya, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: perfectlylaya
Date: 2/17/2021

rainyDew2103 February 17th, 2021

I, rainyDew2103, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: rainyDew2103

adoredFriend9831 February 17th, 2021

I, __________adoredFriend9831_________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Date: 02/17/2021

adoredFriend9831 February 17th, 2021

I, __________adoredFriend9831_________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Date: 02/17/2021

palabokboi February 17th, 2021

I, yellowfeathers, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

stopbreathethink1 February 17th, 2021

I, StopBreatheThink1, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: StopBreatheThink1
Date: 02.17.2021

OrangeFeels28 February 17th, 2021

I, Orangefeels28, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Orangefeels28

Signed: yellowfeathers

OrangeFeels28 February 17th, 2021

I, OrangeFeels28, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: OrangeFeels28

I, palabokboi, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: palabokboi

alexacanhelp February 17th, 2021

I, Alexa, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I acknowledge the rules and security guidelines of the forums and the website as a whole.

I will respect all members, listeners, mods, and everyone else.

I will adhere to the 7cups goals and values, and will treat them with admiration.