Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

JustShade May 30th, 2015

I, blueShade58 , pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

blueShade58

Date: 05-29-2015

SincerelyShauna May 30th, 2015

I, SincerelyShauna, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with. I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on. I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners. I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor. I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day. I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow. I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique. I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn. I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome. I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need. I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions. I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community. Signed: SincerelyShauna

bubbleCranberry2923 May 30th, 2015

I Bubblecranberry pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that i will fulfill to the best of my ablilty this covenant and undertaking

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with

I will work towards bettering my health everytime I log on

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners

I will take ownership of my mental health and fourth coming to build supportive relationships which encoutage this endeavor

I will respect thw time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 cups of tea everyday

I will use the resources provided to help me to continue to learn and grow

I will believe in myself and understand that everyones personal journey is unique

I will take every interaction I have on 7 cups of tea as an opportunity to grow and learn

I will honour the challenges presented to me in my life believing in my soul that no matter how challenging I can over come

I lean on the commuitny in my time of need and will let others lean on me in their time of need

I recognize that my behaviour is a reflection of me, I take ownership of my action and will be thoughtful in all my interactions

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that i am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 cup of tea community

signed - Bubblecranberry

LosLagos May 30th, 2015

I, LosLagos,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will work towardsbettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and neverviolate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I willbelieve in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matterhow challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed: LosLagos

Pataspequenas4284 May 30th, 2015

I, Pataspequenas, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show respect and neverviolate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I willbelieve in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matterhow challenging, I can overcome.

4you247 May 31st, 2015

I, 4you247, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed: 4you247

Smilelikethis15 May 31st, 2015

To SMILE:)

iloveyoumorethancoffee May 31st, 2015

I, iloveyoumorethancoffe,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community, and in doing sothe world.

Signed: iloveyoumorethancoffee

ivoryTurtle3852 May 31st, 2015

I, IvoryTurtle, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with. I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on. I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners. I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor. I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day. I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow. I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique. I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn. I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome. I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need. I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions. I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community. Signed: IvoryTurtle Date: 5/31/15

Marsbars2121 May 31st, 2015

I, Marsbars2121,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:Marsbars2121

lonelyheart2807 May 31st, 2015

I hear songs that use to make me think of u in the most loving way to me ypubwrre the most beautiful song.....now I hear it and instead of tears of joy I cry cuz I just realized I luv u more than anything and u.......simply do not "/

lonelyheart2807 May 31st, 2015

I hear songs that's use to make me think of u cuz to me you were a beautiful song......now that song and cry.... cuz I know now I'm not that important to u as I thought..... replaceable is what I am

UrgenceKitDeSurvie June 4th, 2015

Nobody is replaceable. X

lenguyen June 6th, 2015

Leave. FIndsomeone think of you as a priority, not a choice :)

willowmint June 2nd, 2015

I, willowmint, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with. I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on. I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners. I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor. I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day. I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow. I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique. I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn. I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome. I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need. I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions. I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community. Signed: willowmint 02/06/15

ReBoot09 June 2nd, 2015

I,ReBoot09, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome.

Signed:

ReBoot09.

improbabilityscrewdriver June 2nd, 2015

I,Improbability Screwdriver, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome.

Signed:

Improbability Screwdriver.

Sixx66 June 2nd, 2015

I, Sixx66, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed: -Sixx

RissieMonster June 3rd, 2015

I, RissieMonster, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with. I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on. I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners. I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor. I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day. I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow. I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique. I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn. I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome. I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need. I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions. I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community. Signed: RissieMonster

Smilelikethis15 June 3rd, 2015

I PROMISE:)

sensibleBranch2425 June 3rd, 2015

change your thoughts and you change your world.

Norman vincent peale.

QueerMusketeer June 3rd, 2015

I, QueerMusketeer, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with. I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on. I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners. I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavour. I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day. I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow. I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique. I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn. I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging I can overcome. I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need. I recognise that my behaviour is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions. I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community. Signed: QueerMusketeer

spongebob2015 June 3rd, 2015

I,spongebob2015, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

spongebob2015.

EmInABlueBox09 June 4th, 2015

I, EmInABlueBox09,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

Signed: EmInABlueBox09

UrgenceKitDeSurvie June 4th, 2015

I promise

beccabear June 4th, 2015

I, beccabear, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed: -beccabear

RehmanWillow8879 June 4th, 2015

hi

aquaJet7402 June 4th, 2015

I promise

yFrank June 5th, 2015

I, yFrank, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

yFrank

sunnyHuman2988 June 5th, 2015

I will try my level best,abide by the rules and be fair with everyone will respect and promote kindness,positivity and truth but I can't promise on everything Lets find the humanity and love to bring about a change in each other

Take care, SunnyHuman2988

yowid June 5th, 2015

I, yowid, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant of the plume and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with, even to gnats.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on, especially my mental health.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners, unless they violate mine first.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavour.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day. Amen to that.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow and share happiness with everyone.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique fo sho.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn--wait didn't I say this already? Oh well.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome; or, rather,*we* can overcome.

Signed:

yowid

inventiveSkies8917 June 5th, 2015

I, inventiveSkies8917, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed: - inventiveSkies8917

lovingOcelot8696 June 6th, 2015

I am impressed and somewhat humbled by this oath and all you brave people affirming you'll stick to it.

I am inclined to take the oath as well, but I don't feel quite strong enough just yet to make a promise to everyone, I don't feel like I am ready to commit to so much. It's not something I want to take without meaning every single word deeply in my heart. But if and when I feel ready, I'll take it, and I'll take it seriously.

Until then, I do take a moral oath before all of you to do my best to help everyone I meet and interact with, never to intend any harm of any kind, to work at being as emotionally and mentally healthy as I can be (and to refrain from interaction when I am feeling unable to stick to this), and to be mindful of what I say so that I can be a positive part of this community.

There are so many caring people here. I am wondering, and meaning no offense, if most of the people here are, like myself, fellow sufferers and survivors who know how tough the world can be when battling prejudice, depression, anxiety, and other mental and emotional and social challenges. Are there people here who care, without finding themselves in a position in which they are somewhatforced to care because if they don't, nobody would? When I lean on someone, I hope they're stable, at least stable enough to stand my weight, at least for a short time. I do my best for people but I know I'm relatively frail....

Genie4ever June 6th, 2015

I, genie4ever, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with. I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on. I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners. I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor. I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day. I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow. I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique. I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn. I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome. I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need. I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions. I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community. Signed: Genie4ever

NatalieN June 7th, 2015

I, NatalieN, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

NatalieN

selfconfidentNickel9561 June 7th, 2015

I agree...

ShadeFromTheSun June 8th, 2015

I, ShadeFromTheSun,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

ShadeFromTheSun

Date: 06-07-2015

unassumingSpring6416 June 8th, 2015

I, unassumingSpring6416, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed: unassumingSpring6416

DrinkTeaAndHappiness June 8th, 2015

I, DrinkTeaAndHappiness, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with. I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on. I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners. I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor. I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day. I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow. I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique. I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn. I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome. I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need. I will respect all members of 7 Cups, lend a hand to a person in need, and respect all problems, big or small. I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions. I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community. Signed -DrinkTeaAndHappiness.

Kemo June 8th, 2015

I promise, And I will also put velveta cheeze in my scrambled eggs when ever possible.:-)