Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

Rik12 March 19th, 2020

I will listen without judgement, I will only speak positively and I will never discuss our interactions with anyone other than you.

Swethe442 March 19th, 2020

I vow to make everyone I encounter feel happy and important. I am here to listen and help the best I can. I know things can be hard to deal with and that's why we all need to help each other up.

Sheila

TTif March 20th, 2020

I, ttif, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed

sensibleStrawberries9877 March 20th, 2020

I, sensiblestrawberries, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will take ownership of my own behavior (and not anyone else's because I have been carrying everyone's load) in the community and understand how I will respond rather thab react to any situation that is my choice, although on off days I can be far from my aim.wwill

Signed: sensiblestrawberries

Date: 20/03/2020

Thanks for having me on-board 7cups.

politeEyes9796 March 22nd, 2020

I do.

ArtsoulX March 27th, 2020

@politeEyes9796 I do too

Blissfullbutterfly March 22nd, 2020

@Laura I promise to be kind, compassionate, and positive whenever i encounter another member. I promise to add to the supportive air 7 cups promotes.

Cocolevie March 26th, 2020

@Laura i oath to believe in 7cups of tea,

ColleNicholas March 26th, 2020

I, ___ColleNicholas________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Annabanana1014 March 28th, 2020

I, Annabanana1014, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Anna H.//
Date: 3/27/2020

Ynotweirdo March 28th, 2020

I promise to be more comfortable being by myself, to trust those I care about when they say that something is okay, and to find healthy ways to manage and overcome my anxiety.

Teneshia April 1st, 2020

I, Teneshia, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Teneshia//
Date: 3/31/2020

ThisTooShallPass2016 April 1st, 2020

I, ThisTooShallPass2016, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //thistooshallpass2016//

Date: 4/101/2020

kdsyahirah April 1st, 2020

@Laura I, Kdsyahirah, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups. I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental. I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community. I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support. I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations. I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community. I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together. I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice. I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone. Signed: //Kdsyahirah//

Colorfulkisses April 1st, 2020

I promise that I will NEVER forget the girl that I used to be because remembering those mistakes have helped me develop into the woman that I am today! ( it's hard sometimes when someone don't know what you struggled with in your past, so they don't fully understand the progress you have made)

Brokendove1990 April 2nd, 2020

I promise to be kind and empathic while interacting with others

Nintendofreak April 2nd, 2020

I take the oath and promise to uphold with all my abilities.

Annabanana032317 April 4th, 2020

I take the oath!

mifaimarsh April 5th, 2020

i take my oath

aureliabw965 April 5th, 2020

I take the member's oath

stickynotes92 April 5th, 2020

I, @stickynotes92, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, makting them my witness, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgemental.

Signed: //stickynotes92//
Date: 4/5/2020

From0A0To0Izzard0 April 8th, 2020

*Agreed.

Blueberrytown April 8th, 2020

I take the oath! I hope help other members as much as I've been helped ❤️

Cheers everyone

headinsane April 8th, 2020

Oath to change from insane to gain... Gain through brain

youdeservetheworlddd April 9th, 2020

@Laura always following this to create a safe and caring environment

thecatsays April 9th, 2020

I, Anita Fowler, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //AnitaF//
Date: 04/09/2020

redGrapes1822 April 10th, 2020

I, Red, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed,

RedGrapes

Mamabearmedic April 11th, 2020

I mamabearmedic, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //mamabearmedic//
Date:04/11/2020

SleeplessVet April 11th, 2020

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Sleepless Vet

Melly0919 April 11th, 2020

I take the oath.

Kickan75 April 11th, 2020

I take the member oath. yes

ambitiousDrum3600 April 11th, 2020

I will follow rules and respect all on 7cups

Luckyloser13 April 11th, 2020

Well, since I joined just today and it

Arunjoo April 12th, 2020

I, _______Arunjoo____________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Arunjoo//
Date: 12/4/20

ThisIsMyUsernameNow April 13th, 2020

i take the oath

ClioMuse02 April 13th, 2020

I promise to be supportive of others. laugh

notefornote April 13th, 2020

I take the oath because it says to and so it

bestRaspberries1517 April 14th, 2020

I take the oath.

LystenLynda April 14th, 2020

To try to always do what's best

amazingSoul9988 April 14th, 2020

I pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Chahak//
Date: 14/04/2020