Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

lavenderBlueberry7195 April 19th, 2018

Newbie here! I pledge to uphold the 7Cups core values and to grow up here, even though I am in my 50's! Still getting oriented to the site. Thanks for the opportunity to be here!

Lavender Blueberry7195

04/19/2018

Tinycupcake April 19th, 2018

I'm going to be of my best behavior to everyone on 7 cups and I would abide by the rules of 7 cups of tea!

4/19/2018

MonsoonManatee April 20th, 2018

I promise to be kind to all, and to do my best in supporting others.

MonsoonIncoming

4/20/2018

forcefulStrawberries4435 April 22nd, 2018

I hereby pledge to always stick to the guidelines and boundaries set by the moderators on 7cups. I will additionally always try my utmost to be wise, kind, and insightful in all my conversations on 7cups. And to try and bring more joy to others and be at peace with myself.

electricLily13 April 22nd, 2018

I promise to give positive responses to those I listen to. I promise to maintain respect for every individual I come in contact with as a member of 7 Cups. I promise to give insight and thoughtfulness. I promise, where I can help, I will help. As in these promises, I take the oath to be a member adhereing to all rules, regulations and moral support that is required. I will help make the world a better place to all the best of my ability.

MiniMarshmallow April 23rd, 2018

I promise to listen with respect and kindness and not judge those who are seeking help or need someone to talk to. I promise to try to inspire happiness in others with positivity and support heart

reliablebutoftenforgotten April 25th, 2018

Today, I would like to take ownership of my home here. To show my commitment and take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, I am promising to show kindness and support to all those I interact with here.

I solemley swear to consider whomever it is that is seeking comfort, or support as an individual working towards a personal life goal. This person will recieve no judgement or negativity, only compassion and strength from me as I understand the aim and intentions of the 7cups community.

Signed: //Realiablebutoftenforgotten//
Date: 24/04/2018

Integral April 25th, 2018

In gratitude to each one of us here for our presence and willingness to be human with each other, I pledge to uphold the 7 cups values and to abide by the community guidelines in letter and spirit.

Sincerely,
Integral

awesomeVision52 April 25th, 2018

I promise to show courtesy, kindness, and compassion to all I come into contact with on this site. While I am fairly new here and not mentally in a place to be a listener yet, I will still do my best to support and encourage others where I can on our shared if varied journeys to recovery. I promise to adhere to all 7 cups rules and values.

redmark April 26th, 2018

I, redmark, pledge to follow all 7Cups guidelines and I will try my best to help and support as many people with compassion, kindness and patience as I can.
I promise help to make 7Cups a welcoming, non-judgemntal, supporting and safe place to anyone and everyone and contribute to the growth of our awesome community if and when I can.

Signed: redmark - 26/04/2018

impartialLychee6279 April 26th, 2018

I pledge an oath to keep using seven cups.

gentlePeace76 April 26th, 2018

This site is fake

Jpmk May 16th, 2018

I can try but what if, like me, you're an utterly, horribly, monstrous person?

ChefKade May 16th, 2018

@Laura i promise to show kindness and support to all those i will interact with here. May it be in the forums, or in the group support chat room.

diplomaticSailboat7627 June 21st, 2018

@BlakeTheRoyalPain kewl

Candy94 June 24th, 2018

@BlakeTheRoyalPain thanks

evanjays8 May 17th, 2018

Hey intereesting

dannydasavage123 May 18th, 2018

hey welcome

ibbunny June 1st, 2018

I promise to show kindess and support everyone that I interact with at 7 cups and to try my best in helping!

PastIsPrologue June 2nd, 2018

I promise to uphold the core values of 7 cups, to show kindness and empathy, and to be compassionate.

PastIsPrologue

2/06/2018

notqshy June 4th, 2018

I am ever so grateful to have found a community here in 7 Cups. Thank you, everyone, for showing kindness and compassion towards anyone on here, no matter our background and our struggles. Thank you.

notqshy June 5th, 2018

Signed: notqshy
Date: 5 June 2018

NaturallyMe80 June 5th, 2018

I promise to be compassionate, considerate and an active listener.

Flamboyantcuddlefish June 6th, 2018

I promise to uphold the core values of 7 cups, to show kindness and empathy, and to be compassionate.

NosceTeIpsum June 7th, 2018

I promise to be empathetic, compassionate and thoughtful.

NosceTeIpsum

07/06/2018

disproportion June 14th, 2018

@Laura I promise to be good and kind to the best of my abilities

amarifey June 14th, 2018

I, Amari Fey, am promising to show kindness and support to all those I interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms. Namaste. heart

politeTree46 June 19th, 2018

I promise to be respectful, empathetic and compassionate to every person I talk to. I also promise to help people to the best of my ability.

Egalitarian1970 June 22nd, 2018

To@Laura

I pledge an oath to abide by the principles of the 7cups community. Help those who need a listener and continue growing as a listener. Jamal1970.

MiracleFaithLove June 22nd, 2018

VictorianBlue June 23rd, 2018

I promise to show kindness and support to everyone here.

kindFriend77 June 25th, 2018

I promise to uphold the core values, mission and vision of 7 cups by listening actively and with empathy and be non-judgemental in all my chats.

Kindfriend77

diplomaticKite4373 June 28th, 2018

I promise to uphold the core values of 7cups and treat people with compassion and respect

LikeDreamingBackwards June 29th, 2018

I promise to follow the 7 cups community guidlines and respect every member of the community xx

CookieBears July 14th, 2018

I promise to abide by this oath of kindness towards others!

Signed,

CookieBears

ListenerforYou518 July 21st, 2018

I, ListenerforYou, pledge to uphold all values, traditions, customs, and methods that 7Cups uses in stride in order to make the world a better place.

EnergySensitive August 4th, 2018

Not a listener but,

I promise to show kindness and give support to everyone I interact with on 7 cups.

NeonAcaiGrape August 6th, 2018

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but i feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign it with your listener name like this:

Signed: //NeonAcaiGrape//
Date: 06/08/2018

CrickettheSilent August 9th, 2018

@Laura

i agree

RaspberryCake92 August 13th, 2018

I promise to show kindness and support to all those i will interact with here. May it be in the forums, or in the group support chat room.