Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

monaaai March 7th

I, monai, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //monai//
Date: 06/03/2024

Preet8621 March 7th

@Laura I, Preet, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Preet//
Date: 7/3/2024

inventiveCat8352 March 7th

I, _____cat______________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //KirstinD//
Date: 3/6/2024

I, beautifulflowersroses96___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

beautifulflowersroses96_

3/8/2024

l0litaSyStem March 9th

@Laura

I, l0litaSyStem, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

GrayThePerson March 9th

I, GrayThePerson, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Gray//
Date: 3/9/2024
Rainestorm4697 March 9th

I, Oliver, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Oliver
Date: 3/8/24
CleverC00kie March 12th

@Laura

I, CleverC00kie, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7cups. 

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness and being non-judgmental.

Signed: //CleverC00kie//

Date: 03/11/2024

lilium16 March 12th

@Laura I, Lili, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Lilium16//
Date: 3/12/2024

I, Viraj Dhara, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that i read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7cups.

I will treat me everyone with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgemental.

I will start respectful of everyone i encounter in my life.

I will use proper channels to escalate any concerns faced during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experience and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behaviour and understand how i will treat to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow these communyty guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //VirajD//

Date: 21/Mar/2024

@Laura I pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //RyanC.//

BlueCosmos666 April 6th

I, BlueCosmos666, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

//BlueCosmos666//

Rednomad April 7th

I forgot my username but I pledge

Amachina April 8th

@Laura

I, Amachina, pledge a moral oath to and before my fellow community members as witnesses and support, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure my compliance to them during my time at 7 Cups.

I will always endeavor to treat members, listeners, and any others involved with 7 Cups with empathy, compassion, patience, respect, and open-mindedness. I will strive not to judge others. I will follow the Golden Rule: do unto others as you would like others to do unto you.

I understand my and others' role in this network of mutual aid.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in conversations, whether they be in forums, 1-on-1 conversations, chatrooms, or elsewhere.

I will use appropriate channels to address anything concerning I encounter during my stay here.

I will embrace the opportunity to learn from others and have others learn from me in sharing our experiences.

I will be accountable to my own behavior here in the community with the full knowledge that how I react to any situation is my choice.

I will follow community guildlines and do what I can to help make this community better for everyone.

Signed: Amachina

Date: 4/8/2024

bandaidbear April 8th

I, bandaidbear, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgemental.

Signed: //bandaidbear//
Date: 4/8/2024

reliableMoon964 April 10th

I agree and I take this oath too 😊

Lunarmoon2024 April 10th

@Laura

I, Luna, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I, understandingKiwi5313, pledge a moral oath to and before my fellow community members as witnesses and support, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure my compliance to them during my time at 7 Cups.

I will always endeavor to treat members, listeners, and any others involved with 7 Cups with empathy, compassion, patience, respect, and open-mindedness. I will strive not to judge others. I will follow the Golden Rule: do unto others as you would like others to do unto you.

I understand my and others' role in this network of mutual aid.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in conversations, whether they be in forums, 1-on-1 conversations, chatrooms, or elsewhere.

I will use appropriate channels to address anything concerning I encounter during my stay here.

I will embrace the opportunity to learn from others and have others learn from me in sharing our experiences.

I will be accountable to my own behavior here in the community with the full knowledge that how I react to any situation is my choice.

I will follow community guidelines and do what I can to help make this community better for everyone.

Signed: understandingKiwi5313

Date: 4/10/2024

Lovingflower2141 April 10th

I, @Lovingflower2141, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: @Lovingflower2141
Date: 10/4/2024

xKenzieGotNoLifex April 10th
I, xKenzGotNoLifex, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Kenzie//
Date: 4/10/2024

wintertale3112 April 12th

@Laura 

I, wintertale3112, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure my compliance during my stay on 7cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness and being non-judgemental.

I will take ownership of my own behaviour in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

Signed: wintertale3112.                                  Date: 12th April 2024

hopefulTruth2360 April 16th

@LauraI, hopefulTruth2360, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //hopefulTruth2360//
Date: 4/16/2024

Naya1069 April 25th

@Laura yes 

Naya1069 April 25th

@Laura I, _naya1069__________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

tealPapaya5453 May 4th

@Laura 

I, tealPapaya5453, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups. I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental. I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community. I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support. I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations. I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community. I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together. I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice. I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

AsterLight2024 May 4th

I, AsterLight2024, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: @AsterLight2024

AshtynLuv97 May 5th

I, bluemariposa17, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //bluemariposa17//

Date: 05/04/2024

Ushahemba May 5th

I will respect everyone I meet here, I promise that

tallOcean4569 May 11th

I, Alexis Deño, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witness, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns faced during my stay in the community.

Signed: AlexisD

Date: 05/11/2024

@Laura

I, OhHelloThereImHere (YT for short), pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //YT//

Date: 14/5/2024

Ameen12345 May 20th

I Ameen pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that i read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, qnd being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone i encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek aupport.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experience and learning with them to grow as community together.

I will take ownership of my own behaviour in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

Signed: //Ameen12345//

Date: 20/5/2024

oliveBunny5135 June 14th

@Laura

I olivebunny5135 pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //olivebunny5135//
Date: 14/06/24

pwupselle0214 June 14th

I , pwupselle0214 , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members , making them my witnesses , that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure it's compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion , patience , open-mindedness , and being non judgemental .

Signed: //pwupselle0214//

KpopCrystalKat June 14th

@pwupselle0214

I KpopCrystalKat pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //KpopCrystalKat//
Date: 06/14/24

oliveBunny5135 June 14th

I, olivebunny5135 pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //olivebunny5135//

Date: 14/06/2024

Anonymoose08 June 14th

I, Anonymoose08, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Anonymoose08//
Date: 6/14/24

wandamx26 June 14th

I, wandamx26, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Lolowise475 June 25th
I accept all rules, guidelines, behaviors and recommendations to seek and strive to a respectful and compassionate member as I continue on my journey to strength my happiness and purpose in life@Laura
SummerKay2024 2 days ago

@Laura

I, _summerkay2024__________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone

Summerkay2024 

7/4/2024🤍🦋