Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav
Community /

Newbie Hub

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
Welcome to 7 Cups! Introduce yourself here!!
by Heather225
Last post
1 hour ago
...See more Welcome to our community! We're excited to meet you! Please introduce yourself below. — Afterward, be sure to check out our welcome pack for everything you need to know starting out: * Members [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M53Nm5-pbtxx2_jKfXYgYzo3NgXxjNfMwfzVSRC1rZg/] * Listeners [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LTMvBFOgWICNHLlfNvzeQf2vkF3PPRn_jQUxJxjASOk/] We've got vibrant group chats too! The Sharing Circle is open 24/7 for adult users! Drop in HERE [https://www.7cups.com/chat/?c=lmJndHyWk5edlLBlWVrCnQ!!] so we can get to know you better!
Introducing the (new) New Member Guide!
by Heather225
Last post
2 days ago
...See more The Member Welcome Pack has served us well over the years, however, it's a bit long and can be difficult for members to ingest. Our Ambassador @Jenna created a fantastic guide that presents an overview of our platform and includes the most commonly requested information (here) [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M53Nm5-pbtxx2_jKfXYgYzo3NgXxjNfMwfzVSRC1rZg/edit?usp=sharing]. It's a quick, easy, straightforward and visually friendly read with links to all the appropriate areas. As a community, let's switch to using this as our primary onboarding resource. (Note: the Welcome Pack will remain an active document, and it's linked at the bottom of the new guide.) If you're just joining 7 Cups, I recommend bookmarking this helpful resource, and if everyone can start sharing it around, we can get this in rotation ASAP! Thank you all for collectively caring for our community!
7 Cups Appreciation Program!
by
Last post
Tuesday
...See more Hi, Amazing People! Do you know about the appreciation program [https://www.7cups.com/forum/gratitude/AppreciationProgram_2310/PeerAppreciationProgram_262230/] at Cups? 😀 Anyone at Cups may appreciate any member or listener anytime using our appreciation form (click me) [https://forms.gle/QEni2At39ZMApELr6] What happens after I send an appreciation using the appreciation form? Good question! There's a Smile Spreaders team that makes really beautiful posts in the program thread (linked above). Make someone feel special today! Send your sweet note now! [https://forms.gle/QEni2At39ZMApELr6]
Relax
by calmKermit7178
Last post
September 1st, 2023
...See more This post is dedicated to self care , take a moment Tod o the things you love
Hello everyone and good morning/afternoon/or night!
by Maziey
Last post
March 10th, 2023
...See more Hope everyone's doing well, whatever time it is for yall! Hoping everyone has a great week, and wish yall all the best of luck with whatever it is your going through! Love yall!! -Maze <3
Mood
by colorfulRainbows7412
Last post
February 2nd, 2023
...See more How is your mood today and why? For me, I feel wholesome and happy and grateful. My mental health is on the right track and I have been productive. I'd love to hear from you!
Having a Pet
by globalBraid3744
Last post
June 28th, 2022
...See more In good times and in bad, we can turn to our pets for comfort, joy, and support.  * Do you have any pets? What are they? If you do not have any, would you like to have one (what pet would it be)? * Do you think it is important for children to have a pet? Why yes/no? * What are some benefits of having a pet?
Kindness Boosters
by globalBraid3744
Last post
May 17th, 2022
...See more Kindness reinforces happiness and positivity. Therefore, focusing on compassion in our life can help us feel happier. It can be simple acts like buying someone a small gift, volunteering, making a donation, or helping a stranger in need. It is not about how much money you spend. “Reach out and help others. If you have the power to make someone happy, do it. Be a vessel, be the change, be the difference, or be the inspiration. Shine your light as an example. The world needs more of that.” - Germany Kent What is one nice thing that you can do for someone else in the following week?
Trending Reluctance To See A Therapist
by OasisRedbeard
Last post
April 20th, 2022
...See more I've noticed - in Listening discussions - of a trending reluctance to see a therapist, especially for issues that require one. I make a particular point in my chats that long-term, complex issues are best handled with professional therapy, and the answers I get back is a concern about cost (first) and location (second). Indeed, if you do an online search for a list of provider profiles, you'll notice many psychiatrists, psychologists, LSWs, etc., charge anywhere between $75 to $375 to see them (for sessions ranging between 30 minutes to an hour). Money like this - especially during uncertain times like now - is out of reach for many. However, there are workarounds: 1. If you live in the U.S. (like me) and you're employed (or your spouse is employed) then you have what's called an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which entitles the individual to between 1 and 5 free therapy sessions, before further sessions are covered by insurance (or out of pocket). Your company's HR is best suited to provide more information. 2. If you live in the U.S., but unemployed/lacking income, the SAMHSA Hotline can provide local resources for mental healthcare, regardless of your income situation. I can attest (from past personal experience) that the resources I was provided with pointed me in the right direction during a time of need with no gainful cash flow. 3. If you live OUTSIDE the U.S., but your employer doesn't have an "EAP" equivalent, or you're unemployed/lacking income, the first point of contact is your local health ministry. If this entity is of no assistance - but you have reliable internet access - then there's no harm done researching/contacting reputable therapists online with video conferencing ability. Although I can't make any promises about what can be *potentially* arranged, therapists are not in the business to just turn anyone away - it's terrible optics and violates the cardinal "first, do no harm" rule. Before I learned about the SAMHSA resource in my jurisdiction, I did my own research online and was surprised what I found. All it required was reaching out. Although having an active 7Cups Listener is a great resource, it should never be seen as a substitute for therapy. I've been emphasizing this quite a bit, as of late. I hope this post fits this forum's criteria, is read, and helps someone. OasisRedbeard
Steps Challenge: Join us!!
by ASilentObserver
Last post
December 5th, 2021
...See more Steps Challenge A 7 Cups Wellness Program Initiative “Every marathon started with the first step.”-- Obs Steps Challenge is open for everyone. It doesn’t matter if you are new to walking or you go for regular walks. This step challenge has been created with community inclusivity in mind. It is about taking steps to achieve a bigger goal. The goal is to build a healthy community where every community member is vested with the power to encourage fellow members to take steps and support each other. The Steps Challenge is designed to help you move more every day in order to have good well-being. It is no secret that the amount of physical activity you do every day has positive impacts on your health. And, the easier way to monitor your progress, record your daily steps count. And you can increase or decrease it as well as per your convenience. Sounds good? Let’s get started!! Steps Challenge: What you’ll need You need to track the steps count you take each day and log it to record the progress you made. To track your progress, all you have to do is get an activity tracker. Either you can have Fitbit or simply download one of the applications from PlayStore on your phone and carry your phone while you take a walk. How to do the Steps Challenge? The steps challenge is suitable for everyone as a way to supplement your daily physical activity. Taking 10,000 steps per day is a good goal that you can work towards. As it is generally accepted as a reasonable target for good well-being. But, before you set your eyes to hit the goal, let’s determine your level. So that, you can have a specific plan to achieve the goal without feeling overwhelmed or stressed out. Use your fitness tracker to record the steps you took in three consecutive days and sum it and divide it by three. It will give you the average number of steps you took in a day. Levels: * If your daily average is less than 2500 steps, opt for “Beginner” level * If your daily average is between 2501-5000 steps, opt for “Intermediate” level * If your daily average is between 5001-7000 steps, opt for “Advanced” level * If your daily average is above 7000 steps, you are in “Master” level Once you know what level you are in, you can follow a daily/weekly plan to achieve your goal as shared below. Please remember every step count and consistency is the key. Daily Steps Target (A rough outline which you can customize as per your convenience with an increment of 500-1000 additional steps every week) First Week Beginner Level: 2500 Steps Daily Intermediate level: 5000 Steps Daily Advanced level: 7000 Steps Daily Master level: 7000+ Steps Daily Second Week: Beginner Level: 3000 Steps Daily Intermediate level: 5500 Steps Daily Advanced level: 7500 Steps Daily Master level: 8000+ Steps Daily Third Week: Beginner Level: 3500 Steps Daily Intermediate level: 6000 Steps Daily Advanced level: 8000 Steps Daily Master level: 9000+ Steps Daily Fourth Week: Beginner Level: 4000 Steps Daily Intermediate level: 6500 Steps Daily Advanced level: 8500 Steps Daily Master level: 10000 Steps Daily Please note: You can complete your daily steps in one go or in multiple blocks of a small period as well. You can take these steps anywhere, anytime. It is your choice. Leaderboard Every day or at the end of every week, please submit your steps log here [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScdrhVYs32S4roNsgnNrKScj62ZtJwInnYBwtL3uWx3IiMwGw/viewform]. It will be used to share your progress, give a shout out and also create the leaderboard. Every week, we will announce 3 winners in each level and a shiny badge will be awarded. At the end of the month, Top 10 participants in the leaderboard will receive a cool participation certificate, and everyone will receive a certain amount of cheers, a badge, and a shout-out for taking part in the challenge. Also, please do share the pictures of the place where you took your steps, screenshots of your Fitbit or tracker app through Tracker Form [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScdrhVYs32S4roNsgnNrKScj62ZtJwInnYBwtL3uWx3IiMwGw/viewform] (Click here). We would love to see it. But, what’s the benefit of taking this challenge? And why you should participate in this challenge. * It helps you get a good sleep. * Help you become self-aware about your body, the environment around you, and your thoughts. * Help you feel energetic and motivated * Help you practice discipline * Help you become resilient * Help you boost your self-esteem/ confidence * And, many more benefits that you reap by simply taking small steps every day! We will be participating in this step challenge and we invite you to join us to take a step towards a cool goal together starting from October 01, 2021 Also, November Steps Challenge is open to participating NOW. ------------------------- A few FAQs 1. "I feel bad looking at how few steps I took." Everyone, please know no matter how many steps you took in a day or a week or a month, every step counts. And we appreciate you for taking them. It is okay to take a few steps than none. It is okay to take small and slow steps than rushing into taking big steps. We are learning and practicing. And it is a good start. 2. I don't get how this works when I hit master level 1 day but beginner others, and with doing ranges I think there were days I hit intermediate too I hear you and it is okay. We consider it on average rather than on daily basis. The sole purpose of levels is to facilitate self-awareness. If you are a beginner or master, it is okay as long as you are consistent and comfortable with your steps taken. 3. I'm confused by how this works when I meet different criteria on different days and I don't know how to pick a date range You need to consider your weekly progress over daily. But to make progress tracking easier, we allow both daily and weekly logging. You can pick either option that is comfortable and easy for you. On the form, date range pick may not be possible, so you could add the date range in the comments of the form while we figure out a better way to do the logging. All queries and questions are welcomed. Reminder: The purpose of the challenge is to take our small steps while we support and encourage each other to continue taking it every day. Every step count!
Relationship challenge
by Carolinedav009
Last post
December 5th, 2021
...See more What's going on with your relationship right now
7 Cups Steps Challenge- High Five!
by ASilentObserver
Last post
November 3rd, 2021
...See more Congratulations!!! We successfully completed the first month of the Steps Challenge. I appreciate and am grateful to everyone who joined, participated, and contributed to this challenge. You did really well! We took 931K+ steps collectively in the month of October 2021. They are the logged counts. I believe this count is way more than that as there are many steps that weren't logged. But, please know your steps and contributions did matter, and thank you for taking them with us. You all went a step closer to practicing discipline and resilience. Thank you for practicing them with us. Here is the participation board with the total count of steps Congratulations and a big shout-out to everyone! <3 We will be sending the participation certificate this week. Also, November Steps Challenge is open to participating. Please refer to this post for more details: Click here! [https://www.7cups.com/forum/SiteUpdates_100/CommunityInformation_742/StepsChallengeJoinus_260273/] ------------------------- A few FAQs 1. "I feel bad looking at how few steps I took." Everyone, please know no matter how many steps you took in a day or a week or a month, every step counts. And we appreciate you for taking them. It is okay to take a few steps than none. It is okay to take small and slow steps than rushing into taking big steps. We are learning and practicing. And it is a good start. 2. I don't get how this works when I hit master level 1 day but beginner others, and with doing ranges I think there were days I hit intermediate too I hear you and it is okay. We consider it on average rather than on daily basis. The sole purpose of levels is to facilitate self-awareness. If you are a beginner or master, it is okay as long as you are consistent and comfortable with your steps taken. 3. I'm confused by how this works when I meet different criteria on different days and I don't know how to pick a date range You need to consider your weekly progress over daily. But to make progress tracking easier, we allow both daily and weekly logging. You can pick either option that is comfortable and easy for you. On the form, date range pick may not be possible, so you could add the date range in the comments of the form while we figure out a better way to do the logging. All queries and questions are welcomed. Reminder: The purpose of the challenge is to take our small steps while we support and encourage each other to continue taking it every day. Every step count!
Steps Challenge: Let us know you made it through today/ this week by posting here!
by ASilentObserver
Last post
October 28th, 2021
...See more As you know, we introduced the 7 Cups Challenge in the past week. (Click here to read more about it [https://www.7cups.com/forum/SiteUpdatesInformationFortheCommunity_100/CommunityInformation_742/StepsChallengeJoinus_260273/1/#2794616]) Use this thread to share and celebrate your participation in the Steps Challenge here. You can use this thread to share * your daily steps counts * your Weekly steps counts, * screenshots, or pictures here or * by filling this log form. (Click here to open the form [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScdrhVYs32S4roNsgnNrKScj62ZtJwInnYBwtL3uWx3IiMwGw/viewform]) Also, a reminder to all of us to share our updates and progress we made in the last week for October 1,2 & 3, if you didn't submit your progress yet. And, I will compile them to share the leaderboard for the last week. Here are some thoughts about the steps challenge we received! I found them encouraging and I hope you as well. * It is a motivation to walk more :) * It's pretty exciting * I don’t even realize I am walking because it’s already a daily routine of mine and I love it! * Today I went on a walk and watched the sunset with a friend. The sky was stunning and I had an amazing time. After submitting the form, I remembered the amazing day I had today, so that’s why my experience has been awesome! * Whoever is reading this: Love yourself <3 You are amazing. I appreciate you <3 Let's begin the new week and take our small steps together! <3 Keep taking one step at a time and encourage & support each other. Thank you all for joining us to participate in this challenge.

Newbie Hub

Welcome to the Newbie Hub! This is a space for newbies to learn, ask and get involved in the community. A safe and inclusive space to help settle you in on your new 7 Cups journey. You can check out our introduction video here!

What are the different forum topics for the Newbie Hub?

7 Cups of Tea Mission & Core Values: Find information about our mission here!

7Cups Wellness Initiatives: A place for all of our wellness initiatives.

Community Guidelines and Protocol: Want to review our guidelines and protocols? View them here!

Icebreakers: Settle in by breaking some ice.

Our Vision for a Better World: Review our vision here.

Questions & Information about using 7 Cups: Got a question? We have an answer!

Resources at 7 Cups to Help You: Need some resources to help you on your 7 Cups journey? View them here.

Support Room 24/7 Project: All information relating to the support chat room.

Welcome & Introductions to 7 Cups!: Introduce yourself as a new 7 Cups user here!

How can I help?

You can help us by simply responding to threads and sharing your story (if you're comfortable). Check-in with us, join a discussion, or start one! Alternatively, you can join us as a Forum Leader. Check out this thread for more information.

Helpful Threads

Members Introduction Thread: Members, introduce yourselves to 7 Cups here!

Listeners Introduction Thread: Listeners, introduce yourselves to 7 Cups here!

Member Welcome Pack: Members, find relevant resources and how-to guides here!

Listener Welcome Pack: Listeners, find relevant resources and how-to guides here!

Newbie Hub FAQ

Q: Are there any sub-community-specific guidelines that we need to adhere to?

A: You can find Sub-community-specific guidelines below, which you should follow in addition to the general forum guidelines.

Q: Are there any Newbie Hub chat rooms?

A: Yes! You can find a list of the chat rooms here.

Help! I still have a question! 

If you need help, feel free to contact a community leader or post here, and someone will contact you.

Community Guidelines

Make yourself at home.

Do not hesitate to ask questions or reach out for help and support.

Always remember, you're not alone.