Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

TW S.A/childhood trauma

I need to tell my story that I have been keeping to myself for 7+years. The first time I was S.A I was 9-10 yrs old, I did get help for that S.A, saw a therapist, told the police and got justice. But then it happened again.. it's been 7-8 years since it stopped, I was being S.A by my stepdad this time, and I don't understand why or how. I believe he S.A for 2-3 years, its hard to remember how long or when it started since I've tried to erase it from my memory. I do think I need to see a therapist and get professional help.. I'm always stressed, stomach issues from stress I'm sure, I sometimes let it effect my sex life not very often but I get trigged every once in a while and can't enjoy sex with my long term BF. I feel like I'm the only one this has happened to. I had a hard childhood to being with I don't understand why my stepdad would have done this to me knowing what I had already been through.. Please advice of what kind of therapy would be best for me, thank you!  

WriteToHeal42 June 7th

Hi @lavenderBlueberry1762,

I'm sorry that you went through this, you didn't deserve to be treated like this. You're not alone. I was SA'd as a child too, and it's hard for me to feel comfortable around men because of this.

I'd recommend seeing a mental health therapist who specializes in treating people with anxiety and traumatic experiences such as SA.

Best wishes to you for getting help and healing ❤️

WriteToHeal42 June 7th

It could be a good idea to see your primary care doctor, to see if there's a physical cause for your stomach issues too, just to be safe

@lavenderBlueberry1762. Just to let you know that you are not alone in being triggered by sex with your boyfriend at times. It has happened to me (and to others I have heard). 

Sometimes grounding can be helpful like try to name 5 things you can see in the room. I like to say affirmations when triggered… It’s just a memory of a past event. This feeling will pass. Taking deep breaths helps me too.  @WriteToHeal42 gave some good recommendations.