Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Learning to live instead of survive

mocha1235 April 26th, 2016

I spent moat of my life afraid of everything. I have had severe anxiety and depression that turned into mild ptsd after my dad molested me, i was raped twice, used for 3 years as a "pet" to a very abusive man, and molested at work on several different occasions all by the time i was 20. My mom suffered from depression so badly that she could barely take care of herself, none the less me, and by the time i was 16 i had turned to narcotics and cocaine to ease some of the pain that was my life. I am now 6 months clean from everything exccept weed (without it i cant sleep or eat and its better than being given more drugs) and am i. A healthy relationship for the first time in my life! though i still have bad days i am finally starting to realize that life is something to be enjoyed, not just tolerated.

softNutella25 April 26th, 2016

@mocha1235 good for you! Keep up the hard work and know that you have a purpose :)

Aubrie814 April 26th, 2016

@mocha1235

So nice to hear hope from someone that's struggled. It gives me hope

Nika19 April 26th, 2016

@mocha1235

what happened to you is awful. But it's amazing how far you have already come. Just look at yourself! Your past is your past. Nothing will change it but you Can change your future. You Can choose your future partner, you can choose your job and you can choose to move on no matter how hard and almost impossible it is sometimes. What happened previously is not defining you. It made you stronger. Lots of hugs to you. Life will get better for you. Sometimes it just takes a lot of time and effort.but it will.❤️

here4you201 April 26th, 2016

I have survived the past 20 years. I will live forever from now on. By doing whatever that makes my heart pump.

Peaceanndlovee April 26th, 2016

If only someone could understand everything I have to go through :( I'm so alone right now it sucks anxiety and depression has really taken over my life

Aubrie814 April 26th, 2016

@Peaceanndlovee

I'm so sorry you have to feel this way. I know it sucks and I'm struggling too. I'd love to know how to get through it when I feel like nothing will help

here4you201 April 26th, 2016

@Peaceanndlovee

Sorry to hear that Peaceandlove, must be really difficult for you...I just want you to know you are never alone. You are surrounded by love and wonderful people here. You are important to me. I am here for you. I will support you.