Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Can't Breathe

SwordsandPens June 17th, 2016

Pathetic excuses for long-term abuse is something I could never justify with God or anyone for that matter.

I always keep the abuse and the pain I deal with inward so no one can see. No one likes to know you're struggling and you don't like letting others know. But isn't that also a problem in itself? Even after coming to terms with the fact that I am being abused, I still find it hard to breathe. How dare you guilt me into thinking this was my fault. Or I think it's being guilt-tripped. I know I will never follow in your footsteps. I will never become a monster like you. I take the hate and the pain and I turn them into care and compassion towards others. Because now, I too, understand that no one deserves to be hurt.

This is my confrontation with you, though you will never see this, because I am a coward and you still wouldn't be self-aware enough to take responsibility for the hell you are putting me through! It would still be my fault, and I will still allow you to let me believe that. I shouldn't screw up, I should have done this without being told, I should have done what you said right away. Or you're just not high enough and you take your withdrawals out on my body! My innocence!

I have so many emotions right now. I am tormented to my strength's edge over and over and over again. I'm so angry, I am scared, I hurt, I am filled with angst, I am sexually confused, I hate. You expect me to feel sorry for you as if you ever did for me? I've been much better, but at least I am healing. I am finding ways to cope whether they be negative or positive. I am seeking what is best for me and what helps me get through this horror.

I hate myself so much and I am tired of hurting. I'm so sorry to those I've hurt while I am hurting.

June 18th, 2016

@22charms

"I take the hate and the pain and I turn into care and compassion towards others."

What a beautiful statement. I'm so sorry for the abuse you've endured but you are a strong and brave person. Thank you for sharing your message with us. heartxx

SwordsandPens OP June 18th, 2016

@KindListening

Thank you for acknowledging me

Gilles July 12th, 2016

@22charms

Your text is so beautiful it touched me right in my soul. I would like to thank you from the deepest of my heart for the strength that you show us through your post.

To my eyes you are walking on the painful path towards healing, in a way that might be an example for otherpersons here who are suffering.

I wish you the so very best 22charms, please feel free to message me or any other listener whenever you feel the need to share more.

Thank you again,

Gilles