Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Stress or Anxiety?

blitheSun94 November 26th, 2022

Dear Readers,

Research shows there is a close link between stress, physical well being, and mental health in general. For this reason much of the guidance here on 7 Cups is rooted in developing, strengthening, and prioritizing a self-care plan. Many of us can relate to the way stress levels contribute to toxic cycles of anxiety, especially within an increasingly fast pace society that shames us for setting boundaries or slowing down. The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) offers the following insight on this topic:

_1669483371.70B175B1-91D1-4CA9-BAD8-BE5EFEAFCE2D.jpeg

Discussion Points:

How has anxiety impacted your daily life?

How has stress impacted your experience with anxiety?

Which self-care routines help you regulate your nervous system the most?

What are some new ways you can reduce stress in your own life?

Remember, we can’t pour from an empty cup. I look forward to reading all of your feedback and growing the community through stress-management! ✨💕✨

innateJoy9602 November 27th, 2022

@blitheSun94

I never had a self-care plan until this year. It has really made all the difference for me.

I like to take a day to spend time with myself recouping at least once a week. I journal, order food, and just watch my favorite shows! :) 💜

blitheSun94 OP November 27th, 2022

You are speaking my language! 💕

blitheSun94 OP January 13th, 2023

How has anxiety impacted your daily life?

As someone living with panic disorder diagnosed early in adolescence, anxiety has impacted many areas of my life. It has caused me to cancel plans, process stress with difficulty, and avoid cultivating meaningful relationships in my life. It has gotten better with exposure and practice over the years, but I think some things just never go away.

How has stress impacted your experience with anxiety?

Stress is certainly a contributing factor to anxiety. I find that feeling stressed leads to sleep deprivation which in turn exacerbates anxiety. Stress is a toxin in the lives of everyone, but especially important to manage to those of us with mental health concerns.

Self-care routines which help me regulate my nervous system include bubble baths, breath work, yoga, and meditation.

What are some new ways you can reduce stress in your own life?

I would like to restore exercise to my routine this year after finally being diagnosed with the culprit of my chronic pain.

I look forward to reading your responses. 🌹