Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

frozen and frustrated

niceMoon4358 March 16th, 2015

i have a lot of "frozen feelings" from the multiple situations involved in my ptsd. i have been working in therapy on this but it is hard for me to place the feelings when they come up. i also tend to dissociate when they come up and I know thats normal with ptsd, but i don't want to do it. i want to be able to work through things so i can move forward. frustrated. had an episode out of know where on sunday which lead to me hiding in my bed not wanting to be here. anyone else struggle with this?

mistpete75 March 17th, 2015

I can relate. I've been dealing with ptsd on and off for quite a few years. The flashbacks are awful. Sometimes i do dissacoiate with them. I see both the 14yearold and the adult me. It's so hard sometimes. I'm currently in counseling. It's a slow process. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make everything better. I find when it gets bad, doing stuff to keep me busy works. Also reminding myself it's not happening right now,and that I'm in a safe place. I just wanted you to know you're definitely not alone dealing with this. Take care. Xoxo

niceMoon4358 OP March 17th, 2015

Thanks. Things are hard for me right now. I feel alone all the time. No one seems to want to be here or has any understanding of what goes through my head except my therapist.

redlotus March 19th, 2015

Moon....I've been in your spot. Iunderstand your struggle. I found therapy aswell as talking with people that have gone thru it made such a difference. If you ever want to talk, feel free to send me a message. <hugs>