Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Can flashbacks kill you?

Lesley152 March 15th, 2015

I feel like I amgoing to. It's 4:40 in the morning and I got a hour sleep. And right now my flashback is going over and over in my head, never stopping.

creativeLion138 March 15th, 2015

I experience flashbacks and memories too and well I'm not sure what to say really , sorry hope your ok sorry I wasn't much help xxx

Brokemind March 15th, 2015

My flashbacks feel like they are going to kill me but I don't think they can. I'm sure I'd be dead by now if they could

mistpete75 March 15th, 2015

They may seem real at the time....but their just a memory. They can't hurt you. I've been dealing with the same thing. It can be very frustrating. You're not alone with this. I find sometimes having a pillow or something to hug at night helps. Keeping a light on works too. When you do wake up with one, look around the room, reminding yourself where you are, doing anything with your senses is key. Keep something by your bed to taste and smell. Also keeping something by your bed to play with....ie...playdoh, stress ball, nerf ball. I find playdoh is wonderful. Also getting into a routine before you go to bed. Maybe try some guided meditations geared towards helping you sleep, or just some gentle stretching will sometimes help. There's an app called insight timer. They have some good short guided meditations. Maybe be something to try. Hope this helps. Xoxo

Lesley152 OP March 16th, 2015

I do have a routine, I either write drafts for my blog, or watch You Tube videos. I am kind of embrassed to admit this, but I have stuff horse to hold which I would lightly spray him with lavender. Lavender is one of the scents that suppose to help you to sleep. It is just when I lie still, close my eyes and BOOM, the whole flashback starts and I telling myself to stop it. Which get me work up and takes me long to relax and try to sleep again.

lightCup6388 March 15th, 2015

They can not cause you physical harm. Although they can trigger unpleasant memories. Im constantly getting flash backs! I hope you're ok!!

Lesley152 OP March 16th, 2015

~~The logical side of me tells me that I am not going to die. The past is the past is there is nothing that I can't do about it. Except I have the "should of", "would of" and "could of" constantly running in my head.

But then logical side of me is asking me of what is triggering it, why it is happening now. I have gone through periods of times where it doesn't happen. It is worst in October because that is when it happen, and it is March.

So I am trying to figure out of why. For one thing, I am stressed to the point where I have hives and my hair has been falling out. I have to go in for surgery which it seems like I am jumping through hoops to get the date set. My boyfriend's child is hospitalized and there is not a damn thing that I could do about it.

And then I am trying to forgive this person who is the cause this. Except he has never shown any remorse and he hasn't earn it. So the reason of I want forgive him is so I can let go all of this crap and move it. So I kind of feel selfish because I was raised to put others before your needs.