Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

new and a bit lost

braveBanana6873 May 13th, 2020

im abby im new here and pretty confused. i dont think i know my whole story. i know that i was abused by my mother as a child but so much of my childhood is lost time. i dont know everything that happened to me and i dont know how to start healing if i cant even remember what im supposed to be healing from. there are some traumatic incidents that i can recall, but i cant help but feel confusion when looking back at all the bizarre moments and feelings that i have had and still have. if anyone has advice or wants to talk i would appreciate some support

LuckyDucky79 May 14th, 2020

@braveBanana6873 Hi abby, I can relate to feeling confused because I don't remember everything that happened to me. I'm 40 years old and just last year I became aware of traumatic memories that had been suppressed. And there's probably a lot that I don't know about yet.

You're not alone in this. I think I'm starting to remember now because I'm finally ready to deal with those memories. Even though it's super confusing maybe it's also a step towards healing. (But this is a new experience for me as well).

braveBanana6873 OP May 16th, 2020

@LuckyDucky79

thank you for sharing! its so great to know im not entirely alone in this

braveBanana6873 OP May 16th, 2020

@NoneTheWiser

thank you so much for the advice, it's a relief to be able to talk to people who truly understand instead of people who think im crazy