Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

healing through filling the needs you have been denied by granting it to others

jotee November 5th, 2021

hi everybody!

I have had a tough childhood. I was emotionally neglected, had an abusive parent, was bullied by a family member for years... and I was all alone. I had no friends, no mentors, or people to take care of me. I wished all that time that somebody would come and take care of me. But nobody came. I grew older and started facing some issues head-on. Learned how to make friends, found support from them and a therapist. Learned how to stick up for myself and stopped believing the lies my bully made me believe about myself. But I still needed somebody to love me. Sometimes I feel like nobody really really loves me. I need somebody to hug me, care for me. I just need love.

Now I'm an adult, and in my career as a teacher, I can help children. When I help my kids with their emotions, solve their problems, stop them from being bullied, take care of them in pain, protect them, hug them, love them... It just heals me! From growing up and feeling unloved, being neglected emotionally, scared, hurt physically and emotionally, unsafe, bullied, afraid, anxious, angry... This need to be loved is being filled by loving others. It makes me whole. When I help my students wipe their tears, it fills this need. I feel loved. by doing the things that I needed most, I am healing from the pain.

sorry my story is long. just wanted to share this because this might help you heal.

❤️ Jo

adventurousBranch3786 November 5th, 2021

@jotee A good teacher can make such a difference in a young persons life! I'm glad to hear that you were able to turn your struggles into something positive and help others.

xinyii11 November 12th, 2021

@jotee Absolutely! First off, I'd like to say that you're incredibly brave to share your story here to impact others. I think everything you said is absolutely true - as a listener here, my journey is very much similar to yours so I definitely am able to relate with the things you said <3 You're doing amazing work, proud of you!