Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

When dreams become a trigger...

KatieMoon1 April 28th, 2017

I'm all buggered up today from a dream I had. I KNOW it's not reality but it's still giving my PTSD symptoms. For goodness sake! Argh!

I was hoping it would fade as the day went on but nope. I don't even know what I need. Just wanted to vent.

BeeLeigh April 28th, 2017

@KatieMoon1

It happens to me sometimes. It sucks. I'm sorry you're having to deal with it πŸ˜•

KatieMoon1 OP April 28th, 2017

@BeeLeigh

Thank you. Its terrible. Bad enough to have triggers from regular stuff. Ugh.... Trying to be "normal" today but that mask is broken.

TheHoneyDoll October 11th, 2017

@KatieMoon1

I know how that feels. I had nightmares for several years after leaving an abusive relationship so I understand how stressful it can be sometimes, even just to go to sleep. In the end however, dreams are only dreams and they allow us to think things through and become number to them, even if they are scary in the moment. Regardless, it doesn't make them any easier and your feelings are very valid.

I hope things get better. heart

KatieMoon1 OP October 11th, 2017

@TheHoneyDoll

Thanks! This was a while back and I still have bad dreams every week. My family are pretty good at waking me up if they see I am in distress. It's a struggle, but you are right they are dreams, nothing more. :) Thank goodness.

TheHoneyDoll October 11th, 2017

@KatieMoon1

Oh, how lovely! I'm so glad your family helps! I'm sorry the dreams still happen but I'm glad you are recovering! It takes time and care but you seem very strong heart I wish you the very best! You deserve to he happy :)

@TheHoneyDoll

I really don't feel very strong, but I try.

I scare my family sometimes because k scream in my dreams, but they are used to it now - sadly. :/

Have you ever had a London Fog? It's my new drink obsession. I'm just about to make some honey vanilla syrup to use in my tea tomorrow. Yum!

melliotm October 11th, 2017

@KatieMoon1 Hey this thread is apt. London Fogs are tasty, and i woke up triggered from a sleep filled with nightmares πŸ™ƒ

@melliotm

Oh no Mellio. :/ I'm sorry to hear about your dreams. Darn scary and frustrating things.

Mom glas though you share my love for a good London Fog. It's the perfect time of year for it, especially here where it's cold and rainy. Blah! πŸ’•

@KatieMoon1 Cold and rainy here as well. Blah indeed. How are you doing? ❀️

@melliotm

Hey, I'm okay. Therapy has been really hard. I have it two times a week. :/ My medication is helping to ease my nausea which makes life more bearable. I maybe over did it on the holiday weekend and I'm feeling really worn out and have slept a lot. But I'm still on medical leave for another month and a half so it's okay. I'm getting there slowly with my physical stuff but mentally takes so much longer. How are you doing?

@KatieMoon1 One step at a time, as they say. I'm holding on. Having an off day somewhat, so I'm doing what I can to manage while dealing with everything that got stirred up last night. Soothing and self care are my plans. Doing my best.

@melliotm

I think we need to build a fort and enjoy some London Fog and cookies together. What do you say? <3

@KatieMoon1 β›ΊπŸͺπŸͺ I'm so in. ❀️

thisisviv October 11th, 2017

I had a dream my boyfriend was cyber cheating on me. And then I found out he actually was. Has a profile on a dating site and was active online. How do I confront him?