Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Got almost tickled to death (no, not a joke)

Soulcry December 12th, 2015

Being tickled is something most people just feel is annoying and some even enjoy it.

I panic and start kicking, clawing, biting as if my life was on the line. That's because when I was a kid my brother was sitting on top of me, pinning my arms down with one hand and tickling me with his other. I was laughing and giggling, it was all fun. Then I started to get out of breath. I tried to tell him, but I was laughing so much I couldn't speak. It just went on and on, and somehow the feeling of being tickled felt painful. It was just the same pressure as before, but it hurt. I couldn't tell him to stop, and I couldn't move. Just as everything was going black he stopped and rolled off me.

I could breath again, and when I got angry at him for this, he just uttered a 'sorry', still laughing about it and not really believing me.

I can't ever get tickled again. The panic rises as soon as someone mentions tickling and starts walking over to me.

politeCup86 December 12th, 2015

I understand you totally. I hate being tickled, it's extremely annoying thing. And i know exactly what you mean by you can't breath and the other part is just ignorant about what is happening.

I'm sorry you lived this horrible incident.

I wish that tickles is band somehow. Bcuz it is the gate of so many evil actions.

Soulcry OP December 12th, 2015

@politeCup86

Yeah, I wish it was illegal to tickle someone when they say not to. I want the "you need consent to tickle someoone" to be a real thing. People think that I just don't like it, because they don't know how horrible it actually feels.

eviesweet December 12th, 2015

I understand what you mean by not being able to be tickled, happen so to me.

For me was because when I was bullied, people would do similar. 5 or 6 would tickle me at same time, to the point of me stopping breathing for full minutes and then let me go when someone grabbed them. I'd be shaking for a while after it stopped, in panic mode, crying. So I know how you feel, dear, in some way even though you have your own experience and so do I, it's based on the same principle *hugs* It's awful, I know but you're not alone.

Some people need to realize this is real, that some people are traumatized by "small things" as others say wrongly, but they're not small. It's an awful experience and i'm so sorry you had to go through this!

Take care, dear!

Soulcry OP December 12th, 2015

@eviesweet

Thank you :) I hope no one ever tickles you again without your consent, because it's awful. It's on of the things that you can't really show pain, fear or anything, because one can't stop laughing, even though it's not funny.