Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

EMOTIONAL ABUSE BY PARENTS

convivialPlum6966 October 24th, 2016

Sometimes I wish they'd hit me, then I'd feel like I wasn't making it up. I don't know if I can hold it together today, I have a hospital appointment with my mum. Falling apart there will only get me in more trouble with them. I don't belong in the family.

edited by Rain45 moved to the Trauma Community due to Forum Restructuring

Belis October 24th, 2016

@convivialPlum6966

Could you be seen on your own? It should be a routine part of care for any young person to be seen on their own, at least for a part of the appointment, to give them opportunity to talk with a doctor in confidence.

professionalPerspective60 October 24th, 2016

@convivialPlum6966

Hey there, good luck with the appointment, I know how scary this can all be, and especially the added pressure of your mom being present, but @Belis is right, perhaps you can request some time alone with your doctor to talk freely? Or, maybe, if you have time now, write a few things down and request they read it.

Parents can sometimes find it hard to understand why our children are unhappy, and can be dismissive at times, I'm not sure what has brought you to feel this way, but ultimately what's important here, is your well being and happiness, people are here to help, your doctor is there to help, but they can only help if you are honest, they can provide the correct course of action.

Good luck, I'll be thinking of you!

convivialPlum6966 OP October 24th, 2016

@professionalPerspective60 thanks but it wasnt that kind of doctors appointment and she didnt even turn up, sent my sister instead. thats kind of worse i think. it was horrible afterwards ened up not being able to go into uni afterwards. now everything apparently calmed down again, so ive just got to be ok for them and im really not.

professionalPerspective60 October 24th, 2016

@convivialPlum6966

Well sweetheart, I'm glad the appointment is over, and at least you can maybe get some rest before uni tomorrow, but another thing love, don't feel so alone here, we are all here to help and support you, so if there is anything you need, or, perhaps just want to air your thoughts, you have defiantly come to the right place.

I really do hope things start to settle for you soon, please try and enjoy the rest of your unscheduled day off!!

convivialPlum6966 OP October 24th, 2016

@professionalPerspective60 Thanks im gonna try. sat in the kitchen my parents are both here, bc my aunties here now. so now its just pretend to be normal. for a while. xx Glad to know I'm not alone heart

CassieThePeach October 24th, 2016

@convivialPlum6966 I hope that you will be able to get through this, stay strong <3 7cups is here for you. Dealing with emotional abuse is incredibly difficult, i think you are strong for sharing and using the support available on this site. :)

brandon24 October 27th, 2016

My dad doesn't validate my feelings, and makes me feel unloved unimportant and like no one cares about me or my feelings like my feelings aren't important when I tell him how I feel he will say oh it's not that bad you will be OK and won't even try to listen 😞.

CassieThePeach October 27th, 2016

@brandon24 That's so tough :( <3 It's horrible that you're dealing with that, remember you are importantand that your feelings do matter. 7Cups is always here for you.

convivialPlum6966 OP November 10th, 2016

@brandon24 My dad treats me very similarly so I understand where you're coming from, it is a difficult thing to deal with not feeling you are loved by the people who you care about the most. just remember that you are loved, and you are important. even when times are hard and this is hard to remember, know that there are people always ready to listen to what you have to say. Myself included. What I say is somewhat hypocritical towards myself, because they're times when I don't believe it. But I hope that knowing that you're aren't alone in your battle will help <3

shy5121 November 10th, 2016

I was left starving in a house without heat for my whole life until last year. I went to my mom's house twice a week. Or more when it got bad. She tried to get full custody but my dad wouldn't let her. He was an alcoholic drug dealer in my city. It turns out he was raping my 4 year old sister but didn't touch me because I was too fat. I always had to get him food because he was too hungover or high to get out of bed. I had to cook food but cause he was always asleep. I had to help my blind grandmother balence her checkbook because my dad stole from her constantly. He sometimes hit me without realizing what he was doing. He punched holes in the walls when he got mad. I had to deal with the trauma of never knowing if my dad was coming home from the bar.

Dad got arrested for child abuse, rape, and drugs. I was woken up by 6 police swat with guns in my face telling me my dad was under arrest. Hes in jail currently still.

Finally went to live with my mom, and my mom's boyfriend was also probably worse than my physical dad. He called me a fat lying cunt and tried to make my mom hate me.

We left and moved out. It's currently been the best year of my life. I never want that to happen to anyone. I've had 30 years of experience and I haven't even turned 15 yet. I hope my life gets better. I've already hit rock bottom.

convivialPlum6966 OP November 10th, 2016

@shy5121 I'm sorry that life has delt you such a bad hand, but despite it all, you have survived and I commend you for that. I'm glad this year is much better for you than years previous, and I hope that your life continues on the positive path it seems to be on. I wish you the best of luck with the rest of what life has to offer you and hope that it is far better than what you have been through. the only good thing about hitting rock bottom is that the only way to go from there is up. I know that that's a cliche but it is true. <3