Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Coping Struggles and AgeRe

kittyCat28 February 29th, 2020

sometimes I wish I'd never learned healthy coping mechanisms... mainly bc I had been seeing a therapist who suggested I use my involuntary age regression to my benefit for when I get triggered and have attacks. I had finally found a caregiver to keep me from harm because when in that mental state I couldn't, and they betrayed my trust. ever since then, I can't regress and things have got worse, this week is the first time I've had nightmares about my trauma and the only healthy coping mechanism I know has vanished. it's so hard not to return to self harm, because it seems like the only option I have left... I can't even tell my parents about my PTSD bc they would never believe it since the trauma was 2 years ago and I never told them about how much it affected me....

zaatarHoney March 1st, 2020

@kittyCat28

Im here with you.

When you consider how long traumatic experiences can affect us, there really isnt a time limit on how long it takes for us to share our story out loud with those we love and trust. Its never too late to be heard, and understood. The surest way to get the support we need, from those we need it most, is to let them in on why we hurt. ♡

Sending you the most light. I hope you are somewhere safe, and that you feel safe.

kittyCat28 OP March 1st, 2020

@zaatarHoney thank you🥺 I may not be there yet, but even to feel a little less alone was exactly what I needed rn. trust is a difficult thing for me, but I hope soon I will be able to open up and get the help I need. thank you for the encouragement🥺💕

zaatarHoney March 1st, 2020

@kittyCat28

I totally feel you. As long as you know, theres no rush and you can take your time. ♡ If youd ever like a space to unwind your thoughts and feelings, youre always welcome to come by and chat with me.

*~*~* ♡