Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Can

saturdaysweaters February 20th, 2018

Ive been unable to sleep due to overwhelming anxiety and hypervigilance, as well as a petrifying fear of having nightmares and disturbing dreams. Anyone have any advice?

edited by Rain45 Moved to more appropriate forum thread

AmalieAnne February 21st, 2018

@saturdaysweaters I hope that you got some sleep in the end. For anxiety are there any ways that normally help you feel safe? I have smells, teddies, blankets and lots of other things. It kind of depends on what you need, would putting something in front of your bedroom door so no one can get in help? Or leaving it open? As for bad dreams, I made posters saying that "Dreams cannot hurt me" which kind of helps but not a lot to be honest. Being scared to go to sleep is something I have problems with, if you can sleep with the lights on or during the day if that helps? After you have a nightmare I find it helps to get out of bed and do some grounding things. Anything to get some distance from it and what is really happening (YouTube helps). Then normally I can go back to sleep later, I say this at 3:06am. I guess you might have to try some things to test them out but I hope you got some sleep.