Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Answers***Trigger Warning***

unassumingSummer6022 October 17th, 2017

(Warning sexual abuse topic)

So my husband was alone with my father over last weekend and my dad just came right out and asked him about 2 (aunt and uncle) relatives in my family. He asked hubby if I ever said anything about them abusing me. See, my golden child sister knows about what happened and I think she told my father.

So in turn hubby questioned him about things and he said that he for sure believes it did happen. Both people in question are dead now. I personally think there could be others but I don't know for sure.

Dad said he was very suspicious due to their "off" behavior when they were around me and he questioned my mother multiple times over the matter. Each time, she became furious and would completely freak out and not want to talk about it, only deflect.

Back then, dad worked 6 to 7 days a week and was a heavy drinker when he was around, which he now says he regrets. When hubby told him what happened to me, he said he wish he would have pressed the matter much further and been more of a father.

Mom was very neglectful and would leave me around those very questionable people quite often when she'd visit my grandmother. Dad said she'd be acting very strange and defensive when she'd return. Of course, mom has passed too...

Anyway, it did give me a bit of validation hearing this from him of all people. It's unsettling, but it's giving me some closure. There's many more details I've found out, but that's all I feel like saying for now.

Amandisa16 October 18th, 2017

@unassumingSummer6022

I'm sorry to hear about the abuse you suffered 😢. It's great that you have such a supportive father and husband. I am pleased that the validation from your father, has given you some closure. I can appreciate how difficult writing this post must of been👍. Thank you for sharing😀💗

unassumingSummer6022 OP October 18th, 2017

@Amandisa16

Thanks so much for your compassion and support. I appreciate it.

Amandisa16 October 18th, 2017

@unassumingSummer6022

You have been through so much, you deserve compassion and support💗💐.