Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New to 7 cups

hardworkingTortoise4579 November 18th, 2022

Hello πŸ‘‹ I'm new to 7 cups.

I'm a victim of domestic abuse. I finally had the strength to leave my husband earlier this year and was fortunate to get my very first job within 2 weeks after I left with our young daughter.

It's been a rough road but I am making it by. I've been staying with family until I am able to get my own place. I tried to give my husband a second chance to change, and he did go to therapy (and was continuing until recently) but I just couldn't feel comfortable around him like used to before the abuse started. This week I have come to the conclusion that divorce is our best option. I'm sad to have to let our marriage go but I know it's for the best for him, I, and our daughter.

Optimisticempath November 23rd, 2022

@hardworkingTortoise4579 you're trying so hard to push through the difficult times and I really hope you find more support and encouragement to keep going in this place πŸ’•

blitheSun94 November 24th, 2022

Welcome!

I am so sorry. I am relieved you have escaped the situation. I’m so proud of you for sticking to your gut as these things are never easy. You will grieve and rebuild. Please continue to protect yourself and your daughter. With the utmost love and respect I say, please do not ever go back. The trust has been far too broken to repair and will often worsen overtime. While therapy is a good thing, it’s also too little too late under abusive circumstances. Take all the time you need to heal and we will be here along the way!

Thank you for sharing your story. Enjoy your stay! βœ¨πŸ’•βœ¨

hardworkingTortoise4579 OP November 28th, 2022

I agree that our relationship/marriage is most likely past the point of repair. It really bothered me that he just flat out quit the therapy instead of adjusting the frequency and him doing it without even talking to me about it knowing I had communicated him taking therapy was the only way I was going to give us a second chance.

He's done really well at keeping his distance since I left this last time. Whenever we do actually have a conversation it's about our daughter and kept fairly short.

blitheSun94 December 4th, 2022

@hardworkingTortoise4579

That would really bother me, too. At least you have the knowledge of giving it your all. Hopefully that will allow you to move forward more easily. Sending you strength and peace of mind. πŸ’•