Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My first post

emotional232023 January 23rd

I am now 57 and just finally within the midst of dealing with my narcissistic mother, in which I was the chosen scapegoat. At 3 years old I already knew that I was worthless and untrustworthy,, she was detached, insensitive and outside she was a star mom but inside I was already frozen and fawning to her moods. To add the complexity and severity I was sexually abused at age 6 through 11 by my older brother. My dad was great but traveled extensively and also was caught up in her moods.

i was also very sensitive and ended up being diagnosed with bipolar disorder at age 26. Bipolar puts a horrible twist in trauma work because of the severity of the emotional distress in dealing with it, even if your medically stable on medication. Today I have a therapist that I don’t actually like very much because I don’t understand his philosophy of trauma work and he didn’t even know what an emotional flashback was until I mentioned mine that were terrible and persistent. I have asked him for more support for others working and he knows of no programs to help and at Xmas through after new years he took off 2 weeks and has no back up or availability.

i saw my psychiatrist just last week and she new of a PHP trauma program to try. They called me yesterday and said that I was in the program as of next week. I hope to god, who’s been pretty absent but I am hopeful that there is something.

Tinywhisper11 January 23rd

@emotional232023 good luck with therapy ❤ I pray it all goes well for you ❤ gives you a giant tiny hug ❤❤

emotional232023 OP January 23rd

Thank you tiny dancer. Ilappreciate your support!

Tinywhisper11 January 27th

@emotional232023 ❤❤❤

audienta January 24th

@emotional232023

Hey emotional,

welcome to the trauma support community. We are happy to support you as well as we can. If you have any questions, please let me know!
For now, I really hope for you that this PHP program works for you.

Take care,

audienta

emotional232023 OP January 27th

Audienta

thank you so much for the welcome into the trauma community.

i was afraid of posting for months

I am hoping that the trauma PHP will be helpful

i will let you know how it goes!