Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

it is EXHAUSTING trying to find a listener who is educated on DID/OSDD.

iloveoreo47 February 1st, 2023

as the title says, it’s exhausting trying to find a listener who is educated on DID/OSDD. as the host of an OSDD-1b myself, i can attest to this. i’ve heard about this issue from other members on here too. i’m a listener myself, and besides myself, i’ve only found one other listener who is educated on DID. it’s hard, when our system is already struggling, and we reach out for support, only to be hit with the “i’ve never heard of that disorder in my life.” or “yeah i know what DID is” and then proceeds to show multiple times throughout the chat that they, in reality, don’t have a clue what DID is at all. there needs to be an in-depth training on this topic. notice how, in the general requests list, people who put the DID tag either don’t get picked, or not as quickly? yeah. what a surprise. people are uneducated. it’s beyond frustrating.

blitheSun94 February 1st, 2023

@iloveoreo47

Greetings, oreo.

I am sorry to hear that you're feeling frustrated by your experience with 7 Cups Listeners as of late. DID is an extremely complex and evolving diagnosis that many professionals are highly specialized in. I think it's important to remember that while we do offer access to mental health professionals, this site runs primarily on active volunteer work.

I am the first to admit my limitations. In my own experience, however, I have come across a great many Members with varying degrees of DID and for the most part have had positive feedback. I think sharing your frustration in the Forums is a great way to connect with others who might understand this better.

Can you share a little bit more about what kind of qualities you are looking for in a Listener? I know it's not your responsibility, but hopefully the difficult moments you describe in sharing with others are teachable ones.

Wishing you well on your journey.

hopefulPond6108 February 1st, 2023

@iloveoreo47 Hi, I’m a listener and there was active listener training. That’s it. There is some other optional training, but there was no required learn all the disorders in the DSM training. I bet it is highly unlikely that many listeners who aren’t aspiring therapists themselves even know what the DSM is. The people who get in-depth training on such things get PAID real money. You can find them in the paid professional therapists section.

adventurousBranch3786 February 1st, 2023

@iloveoreo47. Hi if you check on

https://www.7cups.com/BrowseListeners/.

you can look for listeners who do chats with DID.

bubbleFig686 February 9th, 2023

i’m in the process of looking rn as well and it’s been hard! let me know if u found any success

iloveoreo47 OP February 10th, 2023

@bubbleFig686

i did find a listener who is educated on DID! they’re awesome