Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The recent ban on role playing

adequatelyInadequate March 17th, 2021

Hi! I know this may seem as out of the blue, but after a traumatic event in my life (after whatever internal order I had between the “parts of myself” dissolved,) I turned to mental health communities for support.

Now, one problem? People often assumed I was role playing. It made sense- I switched without realizing it, and my alters would all interact with the communities I was in through the same account, while calling themselves different names / things, speaking with different mannerisms, being different ages, and occasionally telling the same story through radically different point of views- as though everyone had lived through the same, but had different opinions and remembered different parts the clearest. It was messy. And it took _months_ and a lot of luck for someone to realize I might be dealing with this pesky little thing called dissociation.

Before that happened, I was just accused of either being a troll, a liar, or an attention-seeker (and asked if I had a concussion one memorable time.) But 7 cups is meant to be a mental health resource and safe space for _everyone._ So, are there any measures that can be taken to avoid anyone falling through the cracks? To avoid those who are still clueless about what’s going on in their heads or who lack control over who fronts or end up with a fresh new alter who comes here maybe looking for help, maybe just because they’re curious, being accused of role playing?

RarelyCharlie March 17th, 2021

@adequatelyInadequate That's a very good point!

I think the new guidelines need to be updated to accommodate this.

Charlie

QueerBunny345 November 11th, 2021

@adequatelyInadequate

We have had that same issue... ~ Persephone (Lore Olympus)

WendyBird14 November 12th, 2021

@adequatelyInadequate

We had this problem too..

JeanneDarc November 12th, 2021

@adequatelyInadequate

7 Cups is crucial for DID people.

For many plural people, it is the only place they can be themselves without stigma and discrimination, without fear and embarrasement.

The only place they can make friends and Interact with people, DID or otherwise.

Compassion mandates that 7 Cups receives and cares for them as a first priority.

But its rules and rulings are callous, ruthless and even cruel sometimes.

7 Cups can't claim it's a caring, compassionate community if this doesn't change.

This is an old problem getting worse and worse with time.

Read a great related thread by @Orihara HERE

See there the promises of change by 7 Cups high leaders, that never materialized. Example HERE